[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ You guys are my last resort because I literally have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Forester2002.jpg (10KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Forester2002.jpg
10KB, 400x200px
Hey /o/
You guys are my last resort because I literally have no idea what to do at this point.

I know you guys are more car experts, not law experts, but hear me out.

I am a poorfag. I found a nice subaru forester for $800 that runs great and has literally no issues except a small power steering leak.
The guy who sold it to me told me it was a no paperwork deal because it had no name to it.
Because I am unfortunately not a big skeptic, and I was desperate, I bought the car and took it home. Turns out this car is still registered to a guy 6000km away from where I live and the guy who sold it to me isn't even the dude who "owns" it.
The insurance people won't touch it now unless I get a signed bill of sale from the registered owner and that owner is Chinese (he has a chinese name) and the bill of sale I sent to him plus the letter explaining what I need never came back to me and I am pretty sure he doesn't speak a word of english.
I really need a fucking car for work and I don't know what to do. I don't know if this car is stolen or not. All I know is that it's in my driveway and I can't use it and it driving me insane.
Who do I contact for this? How can I get this asshole to sign the bill of sale? Who I involve?
Please guys holy fuck I'm screwed...

Pic related is not the car, same kind though.
2002 forester S
>>
File: 555.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>not checking the title/guy's license to confirm he owns it
>getting scammed by CL fags

Call the police on the seller and report him for curbstoning at the very least.
>>
>buy another forestor shell
>hard but slightly more legal way
>transfer every part to new shell
>easy way
>scrape vin and replace with new one
>???
>>
>>16602004
Look I know I fucked up.

I realize I fucked up.

I got fucked.
Is there anything else I can do? I mean what can the police do? If anything they'll just come and take the damn thing and I'll be left without a car and $800 lighter...
>>
>>16602008
I live in fucking big city where doing something like that is close to impossible. Trust me...
>>
>>16602009
You did something my 82 year old grandma might do, you fucked up mate, this will just have to be a life lesson.
I mean Jesus use your brain man, I feel bad for you but come on, what the fuck were you thinking, if you were that desperate buy a 1000 dollar 200 thousand mile police cruiser from the county.
>>
>>16602019
Look I get it. I know how fucking stupid I was.
All I want to know is how to get this car on the road.
>>
>>16602013

This is honestly your only option. And all you need is a 2car garage to do it.

>inb4 spic detected

We did it all the fucking time with hondas growing up.
>>
>>16602021
You got scammed, you know you got scammed, you are out 800 dollars and now have a car you can't sell or drive. Coming here won't get you much else but ridicule, contact your local authorities and be smarter from now on for christ's sake
>>
>>16601997
Look at the situation.

You bought a car worth at least $2000 for $800, from some random dude with absolutely no supporting documents. Turns out the car is probably stolen, and you just sent the actual owner a letter asking him to sign you over the car.

Honestly at this point, your best bet is to find a junkyard that will take it and recoup some of your money, or if you know someone that runs a chop shop, they'll probably give you some cash for it.

Save your pennies like mad, and get the an old crown vic or something for $1500. Make sure you get the title this time, and check the vin to make sure it's not stolen... before you buy it.
>>
>>16602024
If he's willing to put in that sort of extra labor, he could do craigslist gigs to make the money to get another car.
>>
>>16602033
Honestly what I was getting at. Sell the fucking hot pile of stolen mess for scrap and buy a bluesmobile and pray to whatever god he may believe in he doesn't do something so dumb ever again.
>>
>>16602037
If he wasn't in the city he could part it out, there's tons of people driving those cars.

The Subarus that come in the junkyards near me get picked clean.
>>
>drive it regardless
>if you get pulled over act like you only speak ching chong
>???
>profit
>enjoy your probably stolen car
>>
>>16602036

While this is true , it would work. Or he could part it out.
>>
>>16602044
>???

>Sir, I need to see your license, registration, and proof of insurance
>"Mee how ching chong dragon gong"
>Sir?
>"Woo tang mi sung anime"
>Sir I'm going to need you to step out of the car
>*runs plates/VIN*
>Sir, you're under arrest for driving without registration or insurance, along with possession of a stolen vehicle

6 months in jail and one class B felony later... thanks /o/.
>>
>>16602053
Or he could be cruising in a sick nasty 2002 crown Vic with 200k miles with a sweet spotlight with his chop shop money from his proxy Chinese stolen car.
>>
>>16602053
>getting pulled over in the first place
>2017
>not being white

Shit must really suck, drove my 92 dodge ram with expired tags and no insurance for 2 years and only got pulled over once for going 50 in a 35, told me to handle my shit and let me drive off.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>16602083

>breaking traffic laws
>in an un-rego'd, uninsured car
>>
Part it out. You'll make a profit.
>>
File: 1446753924845.png (127KB, 488x584px) Image search: [Google]
1446753924845.png
127KB, 488x584px
in the long run 800 bucks isn't much. but why didn't you ask for the title before you bought it
>>
Look up the laws in your state regarding abanoned vehicles. Usually you just have to send a letter to the registered owner saying get the car or its mine. If no response within X days, dmv gives you the title.
>>
>>16602276
the guy told him it didn't have a title and he bought it anyway
>>
you are a fool

if you contact the owner in person, or again, you may be liable for a stolen vehicle

part it out and buy a camry, civic, corolla or listen to the rest of the thread and get a sweet, sweet crown vic

if you had to ask /o/, ask /o/ before you do something like that

that way we can still laugh at you, but at least you gain more from it
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.