[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /o/ lets see how you problem solve. Ill give you a scenario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: doug.png (251KB, 391x362px) Image search: [Google]
doug.png
251KB, 391x362px
Alright /o/ lets see how you problem solve. Ill give you a scenario and Id like to hear what you would do in this situation.

>living at home while going to school
>part time job with 5k in savings
>stuck in a car loan with 13k left
>you hate your car and you want to get rid of it

I need help man i need out of this and I want to experience some freedom
>>
>>16600211
sell that car buy a 5k shitbox, learn your lesson
>>
>>16600211
your fault for not buying a used car from the original owner in cash
>>
be patient with your life you lil shit. dont fuck up your future with more depreciating assets.
>>
Dump those savings (or most of it) into the car loan, don't want interest building up do you?
>>
>>16600211
how much is the car worth?

What car is it?
>>
>>16600226
thats what the plan is. i was really trying to see if there was a way out. But youre right
>>
Develop a sense of humour, make a channel where you drive around and criticise your car every step of the way. Give it a name. Do this for 2 years with at least a 5 min video per week. Outcome might be fabulous or not, but something interesting surely will happen
>>
>>16600224
well its kind of my fault but at the same time i was kinda going along with my dad. Im not hurting because of a car payment or anything its just that I am bored with the car and I want to be able to do things with my car and enjoy it. If I had the sense I did when i got the car i would have defiantly took another route.
>>
>>16600235
i made the mistake of buying a velosturd turbo. its worth $12,100 - 13,770
>>
>>16600292
What's the APR on your loan? You're like 5k underwater on the loan.

I'd keep the car as a DD because it will stay reliable. Depending on resale after your warranty expires, you could sell it and flip it.

Or just keep the car and drive the wheels off it.

If you want a cheap beater, buy a cheap beater. But, having reliable transportation is important.
>>
File: 095757234i234756.gif (2MB, 369x261px) Image search: [Google]
095757234i234756.gif
2MB, 369x261px
>>16600211
Fuuuck, it's like looking into a mirror. Just drive around really shitty intersections for like 12 hours a day until some scrub t-bones you.
>>
>>16600211
Sell it?
Cut your losses?
If you recoup 11 grand out of the 13, you could still buy a 3k shitbox!!
>>
>>16600292
;~;
I feel for you anon. You could of gotten so many better cars for the same price, like a mazdaspeed 3
>>
>>16601453
its ok. ill pay it off quickly and make a good decision this time.
>>
>>16600387
3.4%, it will be a daily for a while until i am able to afford something
>>
>>16600292
What would a personal loan APR be?

Can you get a personal loan to cover the balance with a lower apr?

But, I'd honestly keep it, drive the wheels off it, and put it down as a life lesson on financial planing.
>>
>>16600268
This
>>
if you can sell car..sell it..

if you cant, then work it off.. and then sell it.

to be fair just concentrate on work.. and if having a sht car that you need to get rid off is the motivation..

work like a summamabixh.

i still have my 8 year from new civic.. iv had times when i wanted to sell it but its aged pretty darn well.

dont go looking for accidents because then when you try to sell it.. its really not ideal. :|

a velostar... seriously?

you have no excuse for owning an impractical, fun, used car.. next time.
>>
>>16600211
Pay off your loan and sell or use car as dailuy and buy a 5k shitbox to have as a project car. Learn to wrench take it autox etc
>>
>>16600211
> part-time job
> Car loan
Self-inflicted.
Kill yourself and end it all.

> Car loan
> Hate car
> Still bought it on finance
WHY DID YOU BUY A CAR YOU HATE.
Self-inflected, kill yourself.
>>
>>16604150
this

Even if you didn't know you were going to hate the car, you took almost a year's pay out to finance it. Awful move.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.