[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to drive a manual if I have no friends or family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1485117546928.jpg (59KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485117546928.jpg
59KB, 700x600px
How do I learn to drive a manual if I have no friends or family that know how to drive one?
>>
youtube tutorial and owning a manual car
>>
File: 1420167323067.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1420167323067.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>16596358
>tfw my mom drives a manual 99 Camry with 70k miles on it
>tfw she refuses to teach me manual because she's afraid I'll somehow mess up her top-dollar $2k shitbox
>>
File: 1440220815563.jpg (58KB, 877x544px) Image search: [Google]
1440220815563.jpg
58KB, 877x544px
>>16596380
The first time I ever tried to drive stick was with my dad. He started me on our driveway which was dirt with a fairly steep incline. When I got it to the top he made a point to tell me I smoked the hell out of the clutch. I'm honestly not sure what he was expecting.
>>
Just get your first manual and watch YouTube videos on how to do it beforehand. Theres nothing to it.
>>
File: vtec.jpg (7KB, 238x111px) Image search: [Google]
vtec.jpg
7KB, 238x111px
>>16596358
Do what I did.

>Watch how-to's

>Don't be a colossal fucking pussy

>Buy shitbox manual car

>????

>Profit

Have the seller of the car meet you in a big parking lot or something, don't be a cuck and ask him to teach you, he just wants your money faggot. stay there and do it yourself. It's what I did, I got a ride there, bought the car(RSX type s) and drove it home after 30 minutes or so of going around a huge parking lot getting the feel for the clutch and whatnot.

>TFW when babbys first VTEC
>>
>>16596438
Alternatively, do what I did

>buy manual car that doesn't run
>don't know how to drive it
>start using it as a daily, piss people off for 2 weeks
Shame is a great motivator to not fuck up
>>
>>16596471
I was super nervous in traffic for weeks until I got really comfortable. I live in a small town so I'd just go out super late at night to practice on the streets while they're empty. The first time I went out during the day I decided to go to Nashville for whatever fucking reason and got stuck in traffic facing uphill. Almost shit my self
>>
>>16596471
Kek fucking this
>Buy manual shitbox
>Live close to work
>Drive it to and from to learn
>Stall a couple times during the week at lights
>No more stalling after the first week
>>
I learned by being a delivery driver and buying a Miata 2 hours before a 12 hour shift. Practiced for a minute in my neighborhood, then went to work. By the end of the shift, I was golden.

Probably helped that I've been riding motorcycles for years though.

So buy a motorcycle, ride it for 4 or 5 years, then buy a manual car. Much easier to learn.
>>
>>16596358
just do what i did

>learn to drive manual in vidya
>then paddock basher
>then real life

noice
>>
>>16596635
lel a friend of mine had to drive a work truck, unlicensed and said that playing sims at my place helped him feel comfortable
>>
Nobody in my family drives stick. So I looked up on YouTube how to drive manual, bought a manual miata, and learned that way.
>>
>went out of state for shitbox
>friend was there with me because he haa mad negotiating skills and can drive manual
>he drives around the block after purchase
>I drive 6 hrs back home
Was decent at driving after
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.