[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Potentially going to check out this Wrangler soon. 2000 TJ Wrangler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Potentially going to check out this Wrangler soon. 2000 TJ Wrangler Sahara, 5 speed manual, with the 4.0 straight 6. Wikipedia tells me these had an optional Dana 44 in the rear, but I don't know if this has it or not. 133k on odometer. couple cosmetic things wrong like a cracked front bumper and chipped windshield. Apparently no issues with functionality. dude wants $8000. decent deal? Common issues with TJs to look for? It's the only one for sale in my town right now under $20k. Id have to travel about 100 miles in any direction to find another Jeep in my price range.
>>
Where are you located? TJs sell for >10k all the time in Texas
>>
>>16592358
I just sold my 05 for 12k a couple months ago. Have the trans/engine been replaced? The 4.0 can last as long as you maintain it, but if the trans hasn't been replaced, it'll likely fail soon. The trans on my 05 crapped at 80k.

Have you looked at it personally? Easiest way to tell from D35/44 is the plug. Rubber 35, metal 44. For 8k that isn't bad at all. "Cracked" front bumper i assume is referring to the plastic caps. Just take them off.

Common issues I had with my TJ were oil leaks. Nothing serious until the trans work
>>
Can someone red pill me on why these are worth so much? They look fucking stupid and the geometry doesn't look very conducive for "off-roading".

Cool, it's 4x4. Cool, it has a locking differential. Cool, the Toyota 4Runner I rented for $60/day in Vegas had all that too.
>>
>>16592378
Because 07+ wranglers are garbo and the 4.0 is superior
>>
North Dakota. Only other TJ for sale in town is $20k. Everything else is a JK going for more than $30k. There are some other TJs and YJs for about the same price, but I'd have to travel a ways out of town for them, which isn't really an option for me.
>>
>>16592378
short wheelbase is good for not bottoming out over shit. the roof and doors come off.
>>
>>16592382
How is it 20k? New motor/trans? >10k miles?? how
>>
>>16592402

lift + after market bumpers + 43k miles.

it's an automatic. i don't want it
>>
>>16592425
If you live somewhere snowy/hilly I would def seek the 5 speed. Even in dallas my 4-speed used to chug up hills maintaining a wonderful 11mpg
>>
>>16592373

from what I'm reading the '00 TJs went to a NW3550 trans from an AX-15 in the '99, and it's the AX-15 that was prone to synchro issues. can anyone confirm?
>>
>>16592531
I have a 97 with the 4.0 and Ax-15 and the only tranny Issue I ever have is a little trouble getting into reverse sometimes
>>
>>16592306
Post- 2004 / 2002has non-AMC parts for the TJ. Same is true with all Jeeps in the make. AMC provided durability and dependibility and chrysler (besides their older engines AFAIK). This is why /ORG/ hates the Jeep ZJ but seems to love the XJ.

Good call with the old 2000s but $8000 is pretty good if it has no surface and body rust (especially given where it looks like that picture is taken). You can get a more rugged YJ if you want to save money, btw. Same thing with a Suzuki Samurai.
>>
File: 20161129_211929.png (817KB, 720x710px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_211929.png
817KB, 720x710px
>>16592306
Lol
Jeep
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.