[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>""""""''''''''''''''''''""""""cadi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

>""""""''''''''''''''''''""""""cadillac """"""''''''''''''''''''""""""
>>
File: 1470137177359.jpg (115KB, 1248x706px) Image search: [Google]
1470137177359.jpg
115KB, 1248x706px
>>16589158
>can't even win le mans
What's the point of gm?
>>
>>16589162

That's what i said about the new """"GT""""
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (129KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
129KB, 900x600px
>>16589158
>""""""''''''''''''''''''""""""ford""""""''''''''''''''''''""""""
>>
Everyone btfo by a company that builds landbarges

Oldsmobile btfo everyone in 96 too.

Why can't anyone compete with landbarges
>>
>>16589262
Get some of the best european engineers(Yes, I said european) and I wouldnt be surprised that you will butt rape everyone else
>>
File: 2006 Audi R8 FSI .jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2006 Audi R8 FSI .jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
built by Dallara Automobili Italia

They also built most of Scuderia Ferrari's early 1990s F1 cars. They also assisted with the design of the Bugatti Veyron EB16.4, one of the world's fastest luxury cars.

And now they are working with Cadillac.
>>
File: CaErsu3WAAAGqWn.jpg (171KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CaErsu3WAAAGqWn.jpg
171KB, 1024x768px
>>16589301
Weren't Mazda, Nissan, and whatever the hell that 4 something V8 "Gibson" proto using Dallara? also i watched the race live and had a 2nd window open looking at a live update of lap times the cars were laying down and Cadillac put down the best time around Daytona than everyone on the track by 3 seconds. I'm not saying Dallara didn't contribute but does the powerplant not come into play here? Cadillac couldn't have been the only one using Dallara.

Its also nice that we can put the meme that GM wasn't using the LT engines in the Corvette because they were too unreliable to bed since these cars pretty much proved they could do just fine in endurance racing. If the C7.R were using them it'd definitely be faster no doubt but thanks to displacement restrictions we might not ever get to see the C7.R surpass the C6.Rs overall speed.
>>
>>16589405
>GM wasn't using the LT engines in the Corvette because they were too unreliable to bed since these cars pretty much proved they could do just fine in endurance racing.

>boy I don't think a 6.2L engine can handle putting out 600hp!
>>
>>16589405
And the reason it put down 3 second faster times is the rigged BoP.

Simple fact is that whoever pays IMSA the most money, wins, unless there are catastrophic reliability problem on their end.
>>
>>16589405
>Its also nice that we can put the meme that GM wasn't using the LT engines in the Corvette because they were too unreliable to bed
Yeah except the Z06/CTSV uses an LT4 and the engine used in the DPI isnt an LT4 at all...
>>
>>16589569
>Simple fact is that whoever pays IMSA the most money, wins

So couldn't Porsche just pay to slow everyone down if they are tired of getting beat by the GT, 488 and Corvette? doesn't make sense that they would move the engine forward to get as much of an edge as they can. also heard another reason this mid-engine corvette is coming because they plan on using it in IMSA as soon as possible.

>>16589602
I'm not talking about the LT4 which is basically a Supercharged LT1. they obviously aren't going to use superchargers in their racing prepped engines. if the LT1 truly is related to GM's next generation truck engines then doesn't that mean they could use those in the C7.R if not for the rules? people on /o/ were saying that ALL the LT engines were unreliable not just the LT4 and that it was the reason they weren't using it in motorsports.
>>
File: LOL.png (193KB, 432x359px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
193KB, 432x359px
>>16589670
>people on /o/ were saying that ALL the LT engines were unreliable not just the LT4 and that it was the reason they weren't using it in motorsports.
because they are
the engine used in the dpi shares basic architecture with the lt series, thats it
>>
>>16589670
>So couldn't Porsche just pay to slow everyone down if they are tired of getting beat by the GT, 488 and Corvette?
They could, but it's expensive and wouldn't pay off since "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" hasn't held true for decades.
>>
File: 1465231740600.jpg (2MB, 4076x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1465231740600.jpg
2MB, 4076x1896px
>>16590169
>it's expensive

Didn't VAG just pay a multi billion dollar fine for Diesel Gate and not even feel it? haven't they won le mans so many times that they are now bored of it? seems like they have plenty of money to just piss away at will and can definitely afford to pay (and double) any bribe GM could ever offer. they make so much profit in all markets that they could even afford to fund projects that would cripple most other companies and just rely on the money to get raked back in to more than make even. they definitely show desire to win though based on their changes to the racing spec 911. Honestly i'm not sure why they haven't just bought out all motor sports they care about instead of spending potentially even more money on cars and equipment to compete against smaller companies. Toyota almost won Le mans last year and Porsche definitely thought that was a close fucking call. could easily be prevented from ever happening again with a nice bribe.

Maybe it did happen and they didn't think Toyota would get that far and as a fail-safe they had already bribed the race to have the car malfunction if they thought they were going to pull of an unexpected win.

I'm going on an conspiracy ramble at this point but i think you get me.
>>
>>16590274
Yes. And VAG spends about a billion dollars on racing each year which is not a good return on investment compared to just buying ads.
>>
>>16590274
And VAG certainly does feel that billion dollar loss.
It's really more than a billion, because they're losing sales over it as well. It's tarnished their brand.

In addition to all those losses, which is billions and not just a billion, they're spending billions more trying to shift to electric vehicles and hybrids to improve their image.
Hell, they're even selling a wagon in the US. They're desperate.

They can't just spend another billion to bribe the IMSA now days. Notice a few years ago, they DID. Porshe has won more IMSA series than any other manufacturer, no? Haven't they won like.. a third of them in the classes they compete? More than over half the manufacturers combined.
>>
File: The Red Commuter.gif (4MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
The Red Commuter.gif
4MB, 371x209px
>>16589405
>Weren't Mazda, Nissan, and whatever the hell that 4 something V8 "Gibson" proto using Dallara?
>Cadillac couldn't have been the only one using Dallara.

The Cadillac DPi is the only Dallara-based prototype at the D24.

The Mazda DPi was a Riley. ESM had the Onroak-Ligier with the Nissan body and V6. Everybody else was LMP2 spec with the Gibson V8; almost all of them running the Oreca with the exception of SDR using a Riley and PR1 using the Onroak-Ligier.
>>
>>16590274
>Didn't VAG just pay a multi billion dollar fine for Diesel Gate and not even feel it? haven't they won le mans so many times that they are now bored of it?

VAG pretty much killed off their Audi LMP and VW WRC programs because of dieselgate.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.