[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you pumped that the next Charger is going to be a legit sport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Are you pumped that the next Charger is going to be a legit sport sedan and not a muscle-boat?
>>
>>16588478
How? i mean if they are going to re-skin an alfa why not just discontinue the car and leave it that way? doesn't make sense to have two of the same cars with different bodies and badges competing against each other. Daimler didn't even want Chrysler making their own convertibles and shit because the SL and SLK.
>>
>>16588504
Alfa is for a very niche market in the US. Dodge is an established brand with dealerships everywhere.

They are sharing the same platform but it sounds like they are designing the Charger from there up.

I have a hard time seeing the top of the line Charger having a TT v6 and not a v8.
>>
>>16588478
Ive been wanting a challenger for a loooong time. Can wait till next gen comes along.
>>
>>16588504
What convertibles did Chrysler even make that could have competed with Mercedes? They only had Sebrings and the Crossfire, which was an uglier last gen SLK. Viper was too hardcore to compete with the luxocruiser SL anyways.
>>
>>16588504
The Giulia platform will likely be stretched to make both an Alfa 5er/E-class competitor, and to make the Charger/Challenger somewhat of the size they used to be (again, E-class sized).

>doesn't make sense to have two of the same cars with different bodies and badges competing against each other.
Engine lineup will be completely different, size will be completely different, and Alfa is aiming for the Euro market while Dodge is aiming for the US. They aren't directly competing.

>Daimler didn't even want Chrysler making their own convertibles
They literally rebadged the SLk to make the Crossfire.

>>16588546
>I have a hard time seeing the top of the line Charger having a TT v6 and not a v8.
I have a really good time imagining a Giulia SS with a Hellcat/Demon V8.
>>
>>16588478
I hope they keep the muscle-boat comfy though, and squeeze in as much sportiness as sort of a secondary goal. The Giulia is a decade ahead of the old Charger platform, so I think that keeping it comfortable, yet improving on the sportiness is quite possible. Dodge really has a solid position as the only company to offer a true muscle car, Chevy and Ford are constantly battling in the ponycar segment, while Dodge sort of has their own demographic.

Also, they really need a Challenger convertible.
>>
File: chrysler-me-4-12-concept-1.jpg (140KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
chrysler-me-4-12-concept-1.jpg
140KB, 1280x960px
>>16588591
They didn't want them Producing the Copperhead and the Prowler barely got through (and was fairly popular) The Crossfire was just a re-badge/skin. Basically anything that could 1-up them in any way that wasn't their own design.

>>16588627
>They literally rebadged the SLk to make the Crossfire.
Exactly, They didn't want them making their (own) stuff like that. ME-4-12 was another example. even if it didn't directly compete with the SLR they weren't having it. Kinda like how GM would often force their sub-brands to re-badge chevy stuff instead of letting them make their own even if it isn't directly meant to compete with chevy's cars.
>>
Will it be the successor to the Chevy SS
>>
>>16588546
>Alfa is niche

You mean nobody wants a TTV6 that gets beat by a cheaper v8
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.