[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /o/ I live in Portugal, and at the moment I own a 2007

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: porsche 944.jpg (883KB, 2164x1616px) Image search: [Google]
porsche 944.jpg
883KB, 2164x1616px
Hello /o/

I live in Portugal, and at the moment I own a 2007 Opel Astra GTC 1.9 150hp.

All my life I loved Porsches and everything about it. As so, I'm willing to sell my Astra for one.

Have in mind that here prices are ridiculously high.

By selling my car and getting some more cash I can get a 944 Base Model for 10k € (yea, I know in American you can get it really cheap and shit, I heard it already ffs).

Other thing is, here the price of gas is completely absurd. I spend about 1€ per 1L of Diesel on my shit car. Gasoline is probably 1,5€ per L.

Having in mind that my car consumes about 6L/100kms, how much will a 944 Base Model do? Because I bet it does +12.... and I spend about 100€/month in gas.. and I really dont wanna spend Double ou even a lot more.

And what about the car? I know it's probably not that Great or anything like that, but is it worth the price having in mind that here for the same price you get 2006's A3's , Astras, Cruzes n shit ?

What are the best and worst things about the 944? Why should and probably mostly shouldnt buy it?

And no, 944 S, Turbo and Turbo S are going for a real higher amount of cash.

Pic related
>>
>>16587219
Tin cans, do not buy
>>
the fact that you are THIS fixated on the price of the car and even the price of the gas means this car is totally out of your grasp

have you even looked at insurance?!?!?!?

people who have enough money to buy a car dont wonder if they can afford the gas to drive the fucking thing

your dreams are dead and that money would be better spent relocating to canada or america where you can ACTUALLY become anything

its a hard pill to swallow but its better than drinking the kool aid your whole life
also if you dont take my advice keep in mind the insurance will definitly be as much as the car payment if you arnt like 30 years old
>>
>>16587234
nigga shut the fuck up. I just want to know information about the car, I don't need to hear this from you. I'm still young, but my current car and this one wont be in my name, so I wont have super high insurance costs. And I have enough money for the car and extras, I just don't want to spend any higher as a 944S costs a bit more and Turbos +30k. If you want to give some information about the car cool thanks, if not, fuck off
>>
>>16587261
Go find the Porsche general im not typing that shit out again
>>
>>16587276
:(
>>
>>16587261

944's are trash just like the rest of the front engine porsches, they're money pits.
>>
>>16587291
>>16587225

>t. Never driven one

>>16587284
Ok sorry I'm grumpy, just woke up. I own an 84 N/A

The car can get close to 20mpg and has a gauge on the odometer to show you estimated mpg. If you drive it without hooning you should be fine for gas expenses.

The real key here is this: can you work on the car yourself? Or do you have enough cash to afford repairs/maintenance? Every three years or 30k miles you've gotta change the belts and water pump as preventative maintenance. Where I am in the US that's $500 in parts or $1500+ installed at a shop. No clue the cost where you are.

They are fun, great cars, but I would advise that you don't plan to learn to wrench on one. They can get confusing if you don't have some mechanical/electrical experience. They are also 25+ years old so things like shocks and wheel bearings and the like are getting old and will eventually need replacement.

I don't say this to scare you off. If you love them and are smart about it you can have one and have a blast.

/o/ is an echo chamber of unverified opinions, make your own decision.
>>
>>16587219
Considering you live in Portugal, you'll probably get raped in taxes alone
>>
>>16587219
If you have to ask if you can afford it, dont get a Porsche. Especially not an old one. Shit will break, and it will be absurdly expensive to fix. Especially with the electrical gremlins that these old Porsches like to have. And thats not even considering that these old Porsches arent even that fun to drive, especially those 130hp shitboxes you can get for cheap.
>>
File: 455IMG-20160320-WA0007.jpg (83KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
455IMG-20160320-WA0007.jpg
83KB, 720x1280px
>>16587219
Get the doggo instead, better than the 944 in every possible way.
>>
File: 1476048748762.jpg (76KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
1476048748762.jpg
76KB, 650x487px
>>16587709
i agree, also way cheaper to maintain
>>
>>16587332
>>t. Never driven one

Owned one, sold it because it was an expensive pile of trash. That and and spending 1k on an oem clutch because of that retarded rubber hub flywheel.

Moved on to a less shitty car.
>>
Spend a bit more and buy a drivable 70's 911 project.
>>
>>16587790
>a bit more
911s are fucking insane, think 25k+ for a decent example in a country with a surprisingly decent used car market.
>>
>>16587757
Holy geez, you had to replace a 25 year old clutch??? And you paid a shop to do it!

You bought a shit example, that's not the cars fault. That's between you and the previous owners.
>>
>>16587895

It was 1k in parts only genius, also seems the price on the clutch kit has dropped $300 since i owned the car.
>>
>>16587916
You got ripped off bro. Again not the cars fault. I did my clutch myself for under $500.
>>
>loves Porsches
>wants a Porsche thats not a real Porsche

theyre pieces of shit dont buy them
>>
>>16587925
Tell me oh wise one, what constitutes a "real Porsche"?

No true Scotsman etc etc
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.