[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I don't know very much about cars but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: st4ep2.png (205KB, 843x430px) Image search: [Google]
st4ep2.png
205KB, 843x430px
Hey /o/, I don't know very much about cars but I've been watching Initial D and I was wondering how much of the show is actually realistic. I know it's at least mostly grounded in reality, but I also know a lot of it is made up. I was wondering about this part though in particular: where Takumi shortcuts over the open gutter. Would this actually be possible, or is it too far out there?
>>
>>16586451
Try it and find out desu.

ive done it and it actually works but it was to be a pretty narrow gutter so it doesnt fuck the underside of your car, wheel tyre and shit.
>>
>>16586451
Just name something off the top of your head that's made up. Sure, there's some bullshit and animeing the fuck out of things to make it watchable, but it's one of the more realistic anime out there in depicting its subject matter.

The gutter technique is adapted from rally, basically how they know which corners to cut or not. Pay more attention to what's said and not the gookware CGI renderings, that's where the "realism" and the research that went into the show (and Tsuchiiya's input) come in.
>>
>>16586451
I wouldn't try it, and it probably puts a fuckton of stress on the car, but I've seen rally drivers do it. I'll post a video if I can find one
>>
>>16586451
>where Takumi shortcuts over the open gutter.
>what is centrifugal force

It would work at lower speeds, not at high speeds like in the chinese cartoon.
>>
>>16586464
yea some of it is cutting in, but I've seen some youtube footage of WRC drivers on dirt actually hooking the inside edge of a corner and getting through way faster than should be possible gripping on dirt.
>>
>>16586470
Depends how high of a speed we're talking. The average speeds of the runs in Initial D would realistically only be around 100km/h or 60mph. It's probably bullshit that dagumi isn't braking before cutting into the gutters on hairpins, but even then he wouldn't be going that fast because the roads don't allow room to open up the throttle for very long.
>>
>>16586510
yeah just based off the touge videos ive seen they are really not going that fast
>>
>>16586635
I "drive" a lot of them frequently in rfactor/Assetto Corsa. They're not going very quick. Then again, most rally stages have similar average speeds. Shit, the fastest WRC event is only around 15mph faster or so. Don't gotta go fast to do technical driving.
>>
Guys he's not talking about the gutter hook he's talking about the Miata race in 4th stage where he fucking 3 wheels it over thin air to get an advantage
I don't think that's possible at all.
>>
File: gutter-move.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
gutter-move.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>16586451
>>
File: MH13556-1000x721fit.jpg (177KB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
MH13556-1000x721fit.jpg
177KB, 1000x721px
>>16586701
>>16586451

I don't think that maneuver was going to work out in reality either, but rear wheel drive cars with some suspenion movement unload the inner front wheel a lot, even if the wheel isn't visibly lifted up like it is in this picture
>>
>>16586867
I dont think that is possible to do WHILE drifting.

You could definately put a lot less pressure on the wheel though, so it wouldnt get caught in the gap and instead just kinda bounce over it.
>>
>>16586464
>name something off the top of your head that's made up
all the friendship
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.