[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey first time on this board here. Someone got me this led thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20170130_172327.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170130_172327.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
hey first time on this board here. Someone got me this led thing for my car on christmas but I have no idea what the hell i'm supposed to do with it. As far as i've been able to find it's supposed to go into a little controller that in turn gets plugged into the fuse box on the car.
Am I in the right direction or really off here?
>>
>>16584218
license plate illuminator
>>
It's supposed to go in the garbage.
>>
>>16584235
Butthurt level meter
>>
2 sided tape and LED light strips? This is how all the black people in the ghetto are making their headlights "Audi lights yo." Are you black?
>>
>>16584231
how in the world is that supposed to reach all the way around to the fuse box

>>16584297
i hope not. thats my hand in the op.
>>
>>16584313
>reach the fuse box
footwell illuminator?
>>
You can extend the wires and put them anywhere.

>you shouldn't put them anywhere
>>
>>16584449
It's this OP. I had an ex girlfriend who made me install these exact ones. They were painful on the eyes. I got drunk a few months later and accidentally kicked one down, the wires immediately started burning and melting and arcing. Never again
>>
>>16584449
wait is it a footwell light or a license plate light?

>>16584464
how would you do this, and would i have to buy some kind of control box to use this thing?

>>16584484
I thought something seemed a bit unsafe about these small wires. oh well, i think this thing was only like 5 bucks so i guess i'll just toss it out.
>>
>>16584500
you can put it whenever you want
but the footwell gig seems pretty easy
>>
>>16584218
>Someone got me this led thing for my car on christmas
Having only one footwell light strip is rather odd looking since the passenger footwell will not have its own light. Rather lopsided gift.
>>
>>16584782
there are actually two strips in there. Their intention was to get me a red glow in the footwell that would mach the dash colors of my grand prix.

I don't know how to install the damn things though and really don't want to set a fire in this car since I just bought it in october.
>>
>>16584218
put in engine bay. connect directly to battery.
>>
>run small cable from battery to location of light
>inline fuse
>select a location for a switch if you want to do it the easy way
>wire the light, switch, and battery together

there you go, you now how have gay ass lights inside your cab that will get you pulled over if the cops see you driving with them on.

you can also use them for your license plate but what's the goddamn point, and they won't stick very well
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.