[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fags, what is a good brand for cheap rotors and pads? I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: $_35.jpg (11KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
11KB, 300x242px
Hey fags, what is a good brand for cheap rotors and pads? I was looking at Centric from Rock Auto. Is it better going this route that would cost ~200 or should I go about ~330 for the Powerstop Z23 kit?

This is for my DD. My DD is a 2006 Camry V6.
>>
bimp
>>
It's a Camry. You don't need "powerstop" anything.
>>
Centrics are fine, using then right now on my accord
>>
>>16577132
How would you rate them? Just like regular quality brakes? Better? Worse?

>>16577131
What do you recommend?
>>
>>16577212
I would recommend going on Rockauto and buying cheap brakes.
>>
>>16577212
Dont listen to him i had a powerstop set on my gs400 which is a big 3700lb car. Never over heated or got them to fade i would do a lot of highway pullin and touge in that car too
>>
>>16577397
And you believe he'll be driving his Camry like you drive your V8 Lexus?
>>
Talking of brakes, a 3rd gen Avalon would take the same brakes, and that car weighs about 3550lbs. Should I get the powerstop for that?
>>
>>16577495
No. You should get stock-equivalent brakes, which Toyota deemed adequate to stop the car.

No one in this thread is capable of seriously punishing the brakes on their automatic Toyotas.
>>
>>16577531
OK, so the Posi-Quiet pads and the Centric rotors with the black hats is good enough? I just don't want shitty Vatozone brakes.
>>
>>16577545
What, exactly, left you dissatisfied with these "shitty Vatozone brakes"? I'll assume you were running them before, which is why you're complaining about them. And why the fuck do you need new rotors? Did you trash the old ones because you don't maintain your car? Or are you just dumb enough to think you need to swap rotors every time you do pads, and double the cost of a brake job?
>>
>>16577545
Just buy a centric rotor and brake kit with ceramic pads. I've never had any noise but I use my brakes properly and quickly (delivery driver). If you're afraid of noise get ceramic pads with shims
>>
>>16577587
No. I just bought this car and both the rotors and the pads are bad. I had a bad experience with Autozone stuff on my old car. I've also had bad experiences with Autozone starters, so I don't buy anything there anymore.

>>16577589
That sounds good. I have no problem doing that.
>>
>>16577606
FYI I found centric stuff to be high quality all around, rockauto doesn't really sell garbage and even their cheap stuff is usually best bang for the buck in my experience. People just feel the need to pay for more when it's not needed.
>>
I got Zimmerman rotors and Akebono ceramic pads for my car.
>>
File: 1410480734189.jpg (30KB, 259x222px) Image search: [Google]
1410480734189.jpg
30KB, 259x222px
all these replies in a b8 bread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.