[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no friends that are into cars >tfw no friends >tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 5537099de1752.jpg (22KB, 485x364px) Image search: [Google]
5537099de1752.jpg
22KB, 485x364px
>tfw no friends that are into cars
>tfw no friends
>tfw living in an area that has no car scene other than the grey boomers taking their garage queens to cars and coffee
>>
move

go to car meet

make friends at car meet
>>
File: 1466326045269.png (34KB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
1466326045269.png
34KB, 200x151px
>>16573651
Car people are so cliquey though. The BMWfags won't even talk to me.
>>
>>16573712
What do you drive?

Why would you want to talk to them anyway?
>>
>>16573712
I swear to god...

Find the group with cars you like and go hang out. No need to say a damn thing, just be there and get a feel for the group. A few meets in and you'll know the inside jokes, etc, and you'll be able to participate like an oldfag. It takes time, this shit doesn't happen instantly.
>>
>>16573638
What do you drive and where do you live?

I would suggest getting into Drag Racing on test and tune nights, Auto X, or going to an actual HPDE on a road course depending in your available budget. Then just talk to the people there.

Guys who actually drive their cars are usually way more open and cool than cars and coffee posers and brand conscious fanbois.
>>
>>16573651
>move

have a life and job here... not really an option

plus no vehicle inspection is a HUGE bonus
>>
>>16573739
>What do you drive?

'09 HHR SS is my daily, C5 Corvette is my fun car
>>
>>16573756
>Find the group with cars you like

How, where, when?!
>>
>>16573766
>What do you drive and where do you live?

'09 HHR SS is my daily, C5 Corvette is my fun car.

I live in a little redneck town in South Carolina

>getting into Drag Racing on test and tune nights, Auto X, or going to an actual HPDE on a road course

local 1/8th mile drag strip has been taken over by country niggers and their sport bikes, no auto X that i can find anywhere near me, and the nearest road courses are about 2.5 hours away.
>>
>>16573712
Consider yourself lucky
>>
>>16573806
No wonder bimmer tards wont talk to you go find some g8 friends or ls swapped (insert model here) friends

Im in a small town too find your type of car guys and just say hi ask them about there rides friends arent too hard to make and if you have a "cool" ride its easier justdont come off as "that guy with the corvette" we know your cars fast dont try and race ever 4cyl honda at the meet

Source i own a mk4 supra and have some car friends around town
>>
>>16573829
A C5 is a great car to learn how to drive in a road course?

How far are you from Savannah GA? Roebling Road is in the area.

If you sign up at www.motorsportreg.com you can get notifications for driving events within whatever radius from your location that suits you.

That way you can avoid the 1/8 mile track near you. 1/8th mile tracks arent all that fun anyway, you gotta do the full quarter IMHO.
>>
>>16573897
I meant that a C5 is a great car to learn and go to HPDEs as a statement not a question.
>>
>>16573897
>How far are you from Savannah GA? Roebling Road is in the area.

I'm about 2.5 hours from there.

I'm such an autist cunt though.

I've never been to a track let alone on one. How do I even begin trying to figure out how to drive on a track? I pretty much need someone to hold my hand through the whole process.
>>
>>16573919
Most road courses do novice events where they put an instructor in the car with you. Those weekends arent cheap, which is why I mentioned the budget thing.

Around $500 for a weekend is standard, and you can expect about eight 20-30 minute sessions in a weekend with a coach. Depending on the organization and facilities, there will probably be classroom time too.
>>
>>16573638
Come to the Appalachian meet up I'll be your carfu
>>
>>16573919
I just checked the Roebling Road calendar, and Skip Barber does a lot of classes and events there. Not sure what their prices are, but if you can swing it and pay for a hotel for the weekend too I garauntee you will have a good fucking time on the track even as a beginner with a coach.
>>
>>16574014

is something like that in your own car or one of theirs?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.