[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I just got a first car for my little bro. Since a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: golf.png (2MB, 1230x922px) Image search: [Google]
golf.png
2MB, 1230x922px
Hey /o/

I just got a first car for my little bro.

Since a child he had many jobs to pay up for this car, and as so he let me choose the best car I could for him... with his money.. as he doesn't know much about cars.

Have in mind we are from Europe, so prices differ A LOT and we don't have many of your popular cars from America.

I bought for him a 2003 Volkswagen Golf 1.9TDI 130hp.

In my country I see mostly ALL of them going for +6000€ (specially the 2001 ones which are the most common here, I bought the 2003 version).

I spent 5200€ with this car.

From checking it out:
>Not many problems I believe
>Good interior, despite the inner door handles being a bit fucked
>Only a few small scratches on the car
>While accelarating the shit out of it, I noticed while putting the 4th gear the car should possibly go a bit more faster. That I have to check what happened. Still, the car looks great.

How good did I do for the price I got /o/ ?

Should my brother caress my balls gently or should he kick them hard?

Thanks

(Pic - The golf I bought)
>>
What country? Well, as a daily driver you did real good. The engine will never leave you stranded, that's for sure. My father's daily driven bora with the same engine hasn't broken down once in 9 years.
Except for bullshit electrical shit and a window that fell inside the door, though.
In my country you could have gotten a decent golf 5 with that kind of money.
>>
>>16571505

Portugal
>>
where the fuck do you live where 6000€ gets you a 2001 golf?
>>
>>16571494
>Should my brother caress my balls gently or should he kick them hard?
That depends. What is the first character of the car's VIN? You can find it on a small plaque on the dash by the windshield
>>
>>16571514
Answered that. There are some for 5500€ but all with lots of problems. This looked like the better one and for that great price in where I live.
>>
>>16571514
seems like portugals' car prices are fucked, just looked at my countries used car page, for a few bucks over 6000 you can get a golf 5 gti, lmao
>>
>>16571525
Yea. I heard England is even worse if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>16571541
their problem is that everyone under 30 pays like their car's worth in insurance every year, unless the car is 0.6 liter shitbox
>>
>>16571554
yea, i guess. do you think I did a good deal and chose a good first car for him ?
>>
>>16571560
The car is solid, if the prices are what you say they are there, then yeah, good job.
>>
>spending €5200 on a golf 4
>good deal

Still a lovely car
>>
Good reliable car. 130hp aint bad for a daily.

I do have to wonder why it cost so much though, in the UK that car wouldn't go for more than £1500.
>>
>>16571604
ok, good then

>>16571605
well yea, but I cant do nothing about it ..
>>
>>16571614
I have no idea. In our market our best cars are the Audi A3 and that Golf 4 I believe... most people with it buy Ibizas, Corsas or/and more basic cars like that. For you to have in mind how our market is.. an Opel Astra GTC, a Chevrolet Cruze, a BMW 120d are around 10-12k ...
>>
>tfw you can get used Golf Mk3 in my country for around 1k Eurodollars
>tfw you can get used bmw E36 for 1-2k eurodollaroos
>tfw you can get used mercedes clk 230 for 2k europoonds

I'm so glad I don't live in the Mexico of Europe
Also you're a shit brother go kys
>>
>>16571710
From what country u from friend? :)
>>
>>16571494
you did well.
It's a great starter car.
I would've gone for something japanese tho.
I hope he enjoys it and loves it.
>>
>>16571710
can confirm, not the same country.
A nice MR2 turbo goes for 5k.
Used hooning tier bmw's go for around 500
>>
>>16571541
>England is even worse

OPs car cost like £600 here, no way anyone pays even a grand for that let alone 5000€
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.