[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ausfag here >Bought a brand new Toyota Corolla ZR 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 318x159px
>Ausfag here
>Bought a brand new Toyota Corolla ZR 2016 hatchback
>I don't know much about cars - this is my first car
>I've been using Premium 98 but its too damn expensive
>Car manual says I can use E10
>Can I mix petrol? Will it affect anything? Can I switch back to 98 if I'm not happy with E10?
>Any advice would be kindly appreciated
>pic related; my car
>>
>>16568213
E10 means up to 10% ethanol. It's regular gas. You're probably already using it.
>>
>>16568221
So what you're saying is that 98 and E10 are safe to use and I can switch between 98 and E10 whenever?
I wasn't kidding when I said I know nothing about cars.
>>
>>16568213
It's a corolla, just use regular 91 you fool.

If you actually looked at the little sticker inside the fuel cap that I wager says "91+" you wouldn't have to ask such a question
>>
OP here

Can anyone help?
>>
>>16568476
You can mix
>>
>>16568471
You don't have to be so rude about it.
I had a look at the sticker, I know which petrol to use I just simply don't want to ruin my engine by switching to a lower octane.
>>
>>16568285
Regular gas in a vast majority of places is E10. It won't say it on the pump most of the time, but regular pump gas is usually mixed with some ethanol to make E10. You don't need to worry about switching. Just treat it like any other car.

"98" is an octane rating that describes the tendency of the fuel to detonate; "E10" is an indicator of ethanol content. They're not related or mutually exclusive.

Just make sure you don't put E85 in it (if they even have that at pumps near you).
>>
>>16568213
>>Ausfag here
Good call on actually posting a different thread /dat/ is dead lately spammer faggots just kill it.

Use Ethanol 95 or Regular Premium its what i do
>>
>>16568492
>>16568495
>>16568504

Thank you all, you've been all very helpful.
>>
>>16568521
You're welcome, now please make your way to the nearest arbitrary and insignificant argument thread to meet your shitpost quota
>>
>>16568521
DOnt use this "mix" as an excuse to start race mixing with abbos faggot.

Hurry up and start shitposting
>>
Holy fuck. By using 98 you are paying more to reduce the performance of your vehicle. Stop being fucking retarded and put regular gas in it, your car is not designed for high octane fuel and you are hurting performance.
>>
>>16568213
hey OP
Dont worry about E10, all your fuel is E10 no matter what you choose

But 98 ocatane is too much for your car, most toyotas are supposed to be run on 91 or 95.
98 is great every couple of tanks, but not for every tank because your engine will wear alot faster from the excess power that comes from it.
>>
>>16568686
>>16568811
OP please listen to this. It would have said in the manual what fuel rating to use, and im sure its not 98.
>>
>>16568493
Unless stated otherwise it'll handle 91 just fine. Check the inside of the fuel cap cover for any minimum requisite octane level. If the manual says E10 is fine, go for it.

"Cleansing" whatever they advertise their 98 unleaded as as aside, it probably doesn't need 98 or even 95 to run. That shit's used in higher comp (e.g. BRZ/86, 350/370Z), or forced induction (WRX STi, Evo, etc.) Some Euro models need higher than 91 but a Corolla should be fine running on the regular juice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.