[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a high mileage car has an engine/tranny rebuild, new suspension

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 22.02.48.jpg (312KB, 826x809px) Image search: [Google]
22.02.48.jpg
312KB, 826x809px
If a high mileage car has an engine/tranny rebuild, new suspension bits and new bushings and mounts, will it basically drive like new? I don't really care much for interior condition.
>>
>>16559236
In theory . Yes.
If your car is a meme car then you should consider using upgraded parts.
>>
>>16559236

Depends on the body condition, especially the mounts. To drive like new you'd need to reweld some bits in place.
>>
>>16559278
Thats not usually the case.
If the used car you bought was super raged on for 200k then it might be having some failure in the spot welds, but that takes some rally racing or something....not typical daily driving.
Dont buy a used 24 hour of lemons car and you should be ok.
If you are gonna rage on the car then it might be wise to run some stitch welds over every overlapping panels on the cars chassis, but you need to know how to weld or you're gonna pay someone else big bucks for that.
Very time consuming.
>>
>>16559236
Dont buy a car with cancerouse rust all over it or your wasting your time....
Try to buy an old lezbos car or and old lady..... dont live on the east coast .
>>
>>16559310

Doesn't need to be driven like you stole it. Even if you never crash it, hard hits on the suspension (potholes and the like) may deform its mounts a bit over time.
Also, for instance, the car I drive has a factory defect where the bottom of the B pillars starts to crack under the body flex.
But like I said, depends on its condition, it may or may not need care.
>>
>>16559310
>24 hours of lemons
Took me a minute
>>
>>16559262
>If your car is a meme car

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>16559236
you realize the interior is going to be where you spend any and all your time driving this so called rebuild perfect brand new god never going to break down machine, right?
>>
>>16559236
>If a high mileage car has an engine/tranny rebuild, new suspension bits and new bushings and mounts, will it basically drive like new?
...and new axles, new bearings, new CV joints, new tie rod bearings, new steering gears, new brake lines, ... ... ...

it may (still) rattle because plastic fasteners and foam and rubber parts don't have an infinite life. they shrink, crack, break, etc.. electrical wires and connectors become loose, little plastic parts inside the dash break, sunroofs rails squeak, rubber seals around the doors, hood, and trunk shrink and get hard to these things rattle, and so on.

just live with it
>>
>>16559262
>>16561109
If your car has aftermarket performance bits then when the stock stuff dies buy the aftermarket stuff instead of going back to stock. (coils when your shocks are dying, rebuild the engine or buy a newer one with lower km and chuck it in) etc.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
>>
>>16559348
>Try to buy an old lezbos car or and old lady

>The car makes a funny noise, The genie lamp light has been on for a year.
>>
>>16564009
>The genie lamp light has been on for a year
I laughed at this more than I should have
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.