[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking at buying a car that's a few cities away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: CarPics023-1.jpg (70KB, 571x428px) Image search: [Google]
CarPics023-1.jpg
70KB, 571x428px
I'm looking at buying a car that's a few cities away and it doesn't run. It's a 1984 E30 325e and the seller says it needs an engine harness to run. When I get home I'm going to swap a 325is drivetrain in it, but I have e not way to get it home. I'd rather not pay $300+ to rent a U-Haul truck and trailer.
Is there any way I can get the car started enough to drive home without a harness? I don't care if it won't idle, I don't care how well it runs, I just need to be able to limp it to the shop to do the engine swap.
>>
>>16559196
carb,distributor ignition, alternator, a batery and fuel pump

that is all you need.
>>
>>16559203
What if it's fuel injected...
>>
>>16559196
wtf is an 'engine harness'?

is that the rats nest of wires to all the sensors and shit? how can that be completely missing?
>>
>>16559228
Yeah most of it goes to sensors but I think some of it goes to the injectors and ignition.
Im wondering if there's some way to just nigger rig it to go home until I can get it sorted out.
>>
>>16559318
I doubt it on a fuel injected car,
>>
If you have to ask... This is one where you're in over your head.

There's a chance.
There's also a chance the car needs more. Like a real good chance.
>>
bring a couple hundred feet of wiring and a bentley manual

only should take about 20 hrs.
>>
>>16559196
Just buy an early eta engine harness off craigslist locally and hook it up to the car.
>>
>>16560443
I'm buying it for the shell, I just wanted a way to limp it home
>>16560460
None near me, I would
>>
>>16560591
Have a pickup?

Have a friend with a pickup?

A uhaul dolly is $50.
It'll cost more if it's your friend with the truck. The price of gas plus lunch and/or beer to be exact.
>>
>>16559228
>how can that be completely missing?
If he doesn't want you or a mechanic to test the engine, then he makes the harness missing. Of course, if there was an electrical fire, it would also be missing.

The poster at >>16560621 has the right idea. I see this done every now and then with a truck pulling the dolly. People drive at night to avoid traffic and the need to use brakes all the time with a dolly load. It must work since thieves use this to steal cars too. They dolly it off to some area before quickly opening up the hood/trunk and cutting the battery lines to both batteries. UHaul has pickup rentals too but in my area they cost more than those vantrucks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.