[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw just realized how extremely smart certified mechanics/technicians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1385169142960.jpg (38KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1385169142960.jpg
38KB, 398x500px
>tfw just realized how extremely smart certified mechanics/technicians actually are
>>
>>16554296
k
>>
File: 78392958.png (75KB, 1152x514px) Image search: [Google]
78392958.png
75KB, 1152x514px
>>16554296
thanks m8
>>
File: 1485012549847.png (77KB, 980x3400px) Image search: [Google]
1485012549847.png
77KB, 980x3400px
>>16554296
I got a bigger Blackpill anons

>Mfw carfags are actually nerds
Especially engine and chassis dyno blokes they sperg out over the tinyest things they make /g/ and tv and v look normal.

They are always benchracing and autismally comparing useless numbers.
>>
>>16554301
>>16554325
I never realized it until I had to go to talk to them in the garage to explain what problem I was having since they found several that could relate to my issue. They definitely seemed autistic too, maybe that's where their intelligence comes from. But I never expected them to be as intelligent as computer programmers. I guess it does take intelligence to be able to take cars apart for a living and also be certified. Very smart people, not grease monkeys or retards. Autists.
>>
>>16554338
Try dealing with a up market race shop I feel like a dumbass and can't even into tuning programs EFI is black magic they are literally hacking muh ecu.

So glad I dropped out of it it's a smart man's game or it was lol not anymore.
>>
They range from idiot part pickers to autistic tuning geniuses. There are more idiots than geniuses
>>
Some are, some are not.
>>
File: 1468951525317.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468951525317.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
I realized this about my brother recently. I always thought of fixing cars as "find busted part, fix", flowchart level stuff. But he was telling me most of the problems he has these days are with the sensors and electronics not communicating, and that he's turning into more of a programmer than a mechanic.

There's strange stuff going on in some of these cars too. He mentioned that a fuel filter, which should have no capacity to do so was essentially pushing back charge to the alternator until it killed it. How is such a thing possible?

I'm a scientist, but I have a great deal of respect for what he does. More so, I think than even what I do.
>>
>>16554325

>let's squeeze another 2 horsepower out of it, I'll make it 1/52 turn leaner on the driver side bank of the carb and I'm going to put a small ding in the passenger side header to redirect airflow more quickly out the exhaust, perfectly evening out the pulses.

I FEEL THAT TWO EXTRA HORSEPOWER MAN I JUST TOOK 0.1 SEC OFF MY 1/8th MILE PASS
>>
>>16555068
That would be excellent gains for 2hp unless it's on an old Polo.
>>
>mfw studying health and medicine
>still think it's harder to fix a car

but wtf do i know, i can barely wrench. Atleast people are generally the same, cars from model to model and brand to brand have to be different enough to trick you right?
>>
Most mechanics today.

>Plug in super expensive specialized computer for this speciric year and model of car
>Start car
>Computer throws three codes
>"Technician" only qualified for one repair
>Technician tells service underwriter to inform customer of problem
>Customer authorizes repair
>Technician replaces part
>Customer comes back three days later complaining of the same shit

Yes, manufacturers have zero faith in their franchise mechanics.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.