[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here shit at playing racing games but ok at driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0065.jpg (110KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0065.jpg
110KB, 1200x675px
Anyone else here shit at playing racing games but ok at driving in real life? I can never get a grasp ingame because everything feels so disconnected
>>
Anyone else here ok at flight combat sims but shit at it in real life? I can never get past front gate of airforce base because I'm a civilian.
>>
gran turismo is pretty accurate. the guy rank 1 or first place went on to driving a real f1 track car
>>
>>16552733
flying is pretty easy anon, they let kids too young to drive fly a plane
>>
OP Im assuming you are underage and just got your license.

Most people are garbage at driving/racing IRL and what I mean by that is understanding how the car will react when you move it a certain way.

Havent you heard the saying "Men think they are good at two things, racing and having sex" something along the lines of that.

It's the truth too. esp the racing part. Myself included, most dudes don't know how to actually properly drive their own car if they were to bring it to the track the first time. It doesnt matter if they been driving on the road for years, it doesnt mean shit.

If you want to better your skills pick up this book and head to a track or autocross event.
>>
Step 1: Git.
Step 2: Gud.
>>
>>16552736
Not even close. Dont get me wrong I love Gran Turismo, but "the guy" aka Jann Mardenborough had an interest in racing and was into karts before he touched a video game so he knew what he was doing. Also he never drove a "real f1 track car you dum dum.

He did drive in LMP1 and GP3 classes though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0_OzV3LAAU
>>
File: Driveclub_box_art.jpg (18KB, 282x352px) Image search: [Google]
Driveclub_box_art.jpg
18KB, 282x352px
I can't say for certain how good I am at driving irl, but I'm steadily getting better at racing games. Getting used to the idea that barrelling around corners and smashing into shit actually slows you down takes some getting used to.

Anyone here play DriveClub?
>>
>>16552908
you are definitely shit at driving in real life. no offense. Im not talking about simple stuff either Im talking being able to handle your car if shit hits the fan.

and that game is shit.
>>
>>16552729
>Anyone else here shit at playing racing games but ok at driving in real life?
yes i find the lag in the controls in most sims ofputting and the steering always feels out
>>
>>16552729
>tfw unrealistic arcade racers sparked my interest in cars
I'll forever be better at driving in grid 2 than I am in real life
>>
>>16552928
Yeah nah nah yeah nah ai
>>
>>16552928
Nigga you still play Grid 2?
I could use someone to fuck around with on there
>>
bbump
>>
>>16552898
Re-read OP's part friend.
>>
>>16552807
true, i couldn't land my dads plane as a kid but i could take off and fly around pretty young.
>>
Any racinggame is shit compared to real-life-racing. You can just react and not anticipate. Your bumm isn't involved, the whole process of steering and pedaling is way to rough. You can learn to understand various racing-lines and setup-techniques, but other than that racing games are, in terms of realism ,shit. If you want to spend 1000 Bucks for "Hardcore"-racinggames, youd better be off buying a used kart.
>>
>>16552729

Yes, this >>16552923
>>
I'm very competent at rocket jumping in team fortress 2 but my drill sergeant won't give me an RPG to play around with
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.