[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this make a good weekend car? Anyone here have experi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: 00E0E_acBT5H8Vfho_1200x900.jpg (229KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00E0E_acBT5H8Vfho_1200x900.jpg
229KB, 1200x900px
Would this make a good weekend car?

Anyone here have experience with Volvo 240s?

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5974085219.html
>>
>240
Fuck yes. It could also make a good daily driver if you know what you're doing with it.
>>
>>16552475
What are some common problems with 240s?

I work at a retirement home and one of the residents drives one but he is too senile to answer my questions about it.
>>
File: 66446.jpg (26KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
66446.jpg
26KB, 720x478px
Whats your idea of a good weekend?

Cruising around and looking for young kids to abduct?
Crashing into large trees at high speeds?
Enjoying bodyroll as it reminds you of a previous life as a sea captain?

If 2 outta 3 or more of these fit you then yes
>>
File: Jm9HQlE[1].png (136KB, 674x220px) Image search: [Google]
Jm9HQlE[1].png
136KB, 674x220px
>>16552485
Mostly just electrical problems. They are pretty watertight cars. Check the transmission and suspension, I guess.
>>
File: 5572421377_08f5355bf6_b.jpg (304KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
5572421377_08f5355bf6_b.jpg
304KB, 1024x736px
240s are amazing, try to grab one that 86+ to get out of the strange fuel injection stuff. Turbos are great and can make good power numbers with a few mawds but the trans will only handle 250hp at most. Highly recommend getting a 2 door with a b23 turbo redblock or swapping one in for the highest level of 240. Common issues are mostly old electronic stuff but it wont leave you stranded or anything. These cars are really good at letting you know something is going bad waaay before it gets catastrophic.
>>16552506
>watertight cars
Funny you should say that as the only other thing I would say is the water pump should be changed at least every 200K, they like to slowly leak coolant from the seals after that.

Also sunroofs cranks..I dont know why but I have yet to be in a 240 that has one that works with little effort.
>>
The wiring harnesses are really shitty, other than that they are fuckin awesome
>>
File: vlvo.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlvo.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>16552493
82 turbo owner here.
1. Can confirm it will fit 4 in the back and 7 in the trunk if you're skilled at packing.

2. Crashing into trees at high speeds is an actual volvo racing past time and was done a lot in the early years before the national forest service made us stop destroying all the trees.

3. Stock set up is very high riding and very soft, however, a set of ipd springs drops the weight low and make this car very planted. Combine that with the unexpectedly tight turning radius and this car turns into an amazing backroad hooner.
>>
>>16552457
Wtf is a weekend car?
I have never heard this term before.
Is a Volvo a good slow heavy artist cage for people who are afraid to drive should have been the question.
That's awfully considerate of you to only subject everyone else on the road to you shit driving on the weekend, OP.
Still fuck you; kill yourself.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.