[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience with shipping a car across the continental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: carrier.jpg (128KB, 964x431px) Image search: [Google]
carrier.jpg
128KB, 964x431px
Anyone have experience with shipping a car across the continental US? I just bought something in PA, need it shipped to CA, and was wondering if there's a good carrier I should know about.
>>
>>16548448
I can drive it to you OP. Just mail the title and $750 for shipping
>>
Why does the truck have multiple license plates?
>>
>>16548608
one for every car on the back ofc
>>
>>16548589
I can drive it for you also. Keep the title and send me $300 for gas up front and a train ticket.
>>
>>16548589
>>16548754
This sounds like a great idea with which nothing could go wrong, you guys.
>>
>>16548783
Why don't you start with what kind of car it is. Depending on the car I'd almost rather have someone driving it over someone throwing it on a flatbed, possible incorrectly, and not paying attention to anything that might be happening to it on the way. I can tell you right now if you sent me the right amount of money (honestly probably not that much) I'd even dip south right away so you could avoid getting too much salt on it.
>>
>>16548448
I always use Reliable Carriers.
http://www.reliablecarriers.com/

My dad's used them for over 20 years in the car business.
>>
File: DSC_0118.jpg (349KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0118.jpg
349KB, 1024x678px
>>16548830
Pic related, it's a windsor V8 swapped 262C with a CARB certification. Confident it would be able to make the drive easily, previous owner was a volvo guy that I sold one of my other cars to.
>>
>>16549017
Wait, so you already have it in CA, or that's not an actual picture of it? I'm just thrown by the Cali plates.

It's a real toss up between do you want it brought in a flatbed, enclosed trailer, or just driven.

Enclosed is the safest (if it's loaded right. Any error in loading and it's going to get damaged, especially when it crosses those mountains)

Flatbed is the easiest (and most likely), but again, it has to be secured properly or it could face damage. Plus it's more exposed to road crud flying up and hitting it.

Having it drove out eliminates the chance of it being improperly loaded, but you face the risk of there being a collision of some sorts or the driver beating on it.
>>
>>16548608
>Why does the truck have multiple license plates?

Tractor-trailers combos have different regulations than passenger vehicles and each state may be different regulations regarding such combos. Typically the multiple plates signify the region in which the truck is registered and cleared to operate.
>>
>>16549017
Fly out and drive it home fagit.
Like seriously.
>>
>>16548448
The trick is finding a carrier that operates that route. Some truckers change their regular routes over time. Last couple of times I had to go through a third-party to fish a carrier for me, but PA-CA should have a lot more traffic than where I live. Also pickup is usually done in non-residential areas (usually somewhere just off the highway for convenience) so just keep that in mind.
>>
>>16549095
No, that's it. These are older pics from when the previous owner bought it from CA, and shipped it to PA. So now I have to bring it back.
>>
>>16549189
Ah, I see. It seems like (and keep in mind I don't know a lot about Volvo by any means) it wouldn't be worth the cost of having it shipped enclosed, and probably not worth the cost of having it brought on a flatbed simply because you're paying for their fuel at that point. Find a reputable private courier willing to either go out there and bring it back, or drive to to CA and take a train back. Train tickets are like $100, and me, personally, would use it as a chance to bring weed back from Washington.
>>
>>16548608
>Why does the truck have multiple license plates?
You are referring to semi-trucks. They can regularly drive through states and pick up incidentals without getting licensed there. But if the truck typically operates in that that state, then it is subject to that state's commercial trucking licensing laws. The most plates I have ever seen is three plates.
>>
>>16549225
weed is for niggers, btw
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.