[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /o/ I have a question and need some input. I'm about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault-1.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Alright /o/ I have a question and need some input. I'm about to buy the car I've wanted since I was 16 and I saw one for the first time. Pic related. I have 2 paths to consider though. The first is to just outright buy a GS-R or the second is to buy an RS and use the money I have left over to do a poor man's R type build. The big issue I'm weighing is the difference in insurance cost. Plus the fun of building it. I've been on several Honda forums and it seems pretty split there. What would you do /o/?
>>
If its it going to be your daily then buy the GS-R. If you have a daily and this will be a summer/weekend car then buy the RS.
>>
>>16548025
Yeah this is going to be a weekend/fun project. I really do dig the idea of making it my own from an RS but I'm also weighing resale value. I know no man what I do it's still an RS and won't have the residual value the GS-R will
>>
Just get the GS-R anon. You will never have true VTAKs even if you do a LS-VTEC mod, and depending on where you are it will never pass emissions.

As far as insurance costs, it shouldn't be all too much, it is a honda after all.

If this is your only car do not start a build on it. The car will be decommissioned for an indefinite amount of time.

Of course, you can still do bolt ons and what not but it would be unwise to do a full motor build on your only vehicle.
>>
>>16548010
>What would you do /o/?
save up for something with a veee ate
>>
>>16548039
If you are worried about resale value then car modding isn't for you. You will always loose money on your car.

For a project I think starting with a RS is a great Idea. It is the lightest off all the third gen Integras. It doesn't even come with ABS.
>>
>>16548058
It's not a main concern at all but the thought was there. Unfortunately it's the old jew in my bloodline that makes me think stuff like that but it's easy to silence. The weight is definitely one of the factors I'm thinking about as well. I was actually surprised at how much lighter it was. Thanks for the input!
>>
>>16548039
yo
>>
>>16548010
Could get a GSR sedan, I see them selling for less since they're not "sporty". I think they'd be less insurance wise, I don't think gsr gost more to insure than rs/ls but I could be wrong.
>>
>>16548010

what you really want is a type R though, right?

I would just save up a bit more and wait for the right car to show up.
>>
>>16551044
What I really really REALLY want is to get a type R and go jdm nuts including the rhd conversion but that is just way out of my price range right now. However I can go ahead and get the type R and then keep saving. Has anyone here does a project like that? Any guidance or advice?
>>
File: 1478317909748.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1478317909748.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>16548010
Buy an RS and go that route.
If you really want a B18C you can pick one up from your local motor importer (literally look online) for about ~2k or less, with the added bonus of it likely being a B18C5 JDM block.
GS-Rs (especially stock) are quickly becoming taxed to shit. I payed 5k for mine and knew I overpaid (dumbass me got into a bidding war)

I've now turned down 3 offers of 5k for it since I got it. You will either get taxed to shit by assholes like me or inherit Jose's backyard beater if you buy a GS-R.
Atleast with the RS you get what you're paying for without the silly vtec tax.

T. bone stock GS-R /w 122k miles
>>
>>16552793
Great advice dude thank you!
>>
>>16552854
Just look at it like this m8. 3k for a clean RS auto, 2.5k at max for a JDM b18C + trans, and 500 dollars of work gets you a faster car than the GSR (more HP + lighter) for just 1k more, and that 1k would probably be spent unfucking the base GSR you picked up
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.