[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know anything about cars, besides components like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: undercar2.jpg (356KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
undercar2.jpg
356KB, 1024x768px
I don't know anything about cars, besides components like "engine" and "radiator" at their most basic conceptual level.

How long will it take me to reach a normie/slightly above normie understanding of what goes on under the hood?

There's endless information online but I need a linear start and finish point for the basics.

I don't drive, so I don't have a car. But I'm working on getting myself on the road in the next year.
>>
>>16548001
>How long will it take me to reach a normie understanding
you already have a normie understanding of how a car works

>I need a linear start and finish point for the basics
Not really possible.

How I leaned about cars when I was young was reading build thread on forums. Just go to google and search [car you are interested in] build thread. It will have pictures and a description of what it going on in the pictures. That way you will familiarize yourself with the parts and general modding practices. As for learning. Anything that you don't know or understand just google it. there is a wiki page or other articles for just about everything.
>>
Ex normalfag here what u have to do is autismo study cars and engine tear downs on the jewtewb and games like automation and street legal racing redline taught me so much then go buy a shitbox and a bunch of tools and go nuts.

Worked for me
>>
I barley knew anything about cars 3 years ago, what i did was start with learning how an engine works. Then i watched youtube videos of engineers explaining different functions of a car, and then i moved on to watching cringey mighty car mod videos. After that i ended up here just constantly making fun of FWD, automatic cars, and miatas.
>>
>>16548001
Nothing beats experience. So when you can buy a shitty car you dont need to depend on. Look up on google whats up and go from their.
And remember to use common sense. Sometimes a problem that looks bad and expensive could be just a screw that needs to be tightened
>>
>>16548288
>this
I can't stress enough on how stupid people do unecessary fixes on their car when it was just a small problem

For example

>changing your battery when its just a blown fuse

Knowledge goes a long way and it saves tons of money
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.