[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck does this car have to be so dependable? I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: corolla.jpg (169KB, 750x931px) Image search: [Google]
corolla.jpg
169KB, 750x931px
Why the fuck does this car have to be so dependable?

I can drive this thing like a motherfucker and it gets me 33 mpg around town every time. I can check the oil constantly and after 6k miles since the last change, it's still fine. The only issue it's ever had was AC, mechanically it feels the same as when we brought it into the family 8 years ago. I want to get something different with a standard transmission but I'm having trouble justifying it. Would I be an idiot for getting a GTI or something along those lines, because "muh fun turbo" when this thing is 15 years old, costs me next to nothing, and shows no signs of trouble?

Help me /o/, I've thought hard about this and really want a different car that I can be proud of, but I can't pull the trigger on it

pic related, my car
>>
File: IMG_20170124_093918.jpg (444KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_093918.jpg
444KB, 1080x1080px
There is honestly never much reason to have anything besides a corolla, civic, or mazda3 for personal transport. Aside from a motorcycle of course.
>>
>>16547867

Honestly, just buy a motorcycle, anon.

They are cheap, fun and will offer something that your car doesn't, all the while said car maintains it's place.
>>
Not really - its your choice

If you want something more fun then you get something more fun. What WOULD be stupid is selling a dependable car and using all your money on something a bit more risky, and ending up with a broken down car and $9 in change
>>
>>16547867
there's something about 90's-early 2000's japanese shitboxes, they're reliable as hell, cheap to fix if something does go wrong, and great on gas.
fucking perfect first car for your kids, whenever you guys have them
>>
Why not just convert it to standard transmission?
>>
>>16547918
Probably costs more than the car
>>
>>16547883
>>16547884
This is something I should definitely consider. I hadn't even though of a motorcycle before, thanks anons.

>>16547918
if I was really attached to the car and had more knowledge about a job like that, maybe. But it just wouldn't be worth it
>>
>>16548011
Turbo and manual swap kgo cunt smack a LSD in there and kill civics and faggots
>>
File: Yamaha-SR400_1.jpg (572KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yamaha-SR400_1.jpg
572KB, 1800x1200px
>>16548011

There's a bunch of 250~400cc bikes that cover all sorts of styles, they are all tremendous fun and quite meek even to the newbies.

Just take your time, ride different types of motorcycles and see what fits you best.
>>
>>16547867
It's the pinnacle of econoboxiness
>good MPGs
>reliable
>inexpensive
>cheap interior
>good enough stowage space
The ultimate in modern utility

Get something fun for when you're not going A-B, like a bike or a sports car. Leave the montony to the Corolla. It lives for that.
>>
File: ringedition.jpg (51KB, 800x415px) Image search: [Google]
ringedition.jpg
51KB, 800x415px
>>16548107
>implying
>>
>>16548124
It's FWD, dude. Let's get real here.
>>
>>16548487
So is a civic
>>
>>16548487
Who the hell cares
As long as it pulls good skidpad numbers, drivetrain doesn't matter. You wouldn't take an older mustang over a mazdaspeed 3, would you?
>>
>>16548493
That doesn't make Civics better than econoboxes either. Don't kid yourself.

>>16548547
Bah. A good car is more than statistics and data. It's all about feeling. And FWD is lacking in good feeling by design. The drive wheels having to deal with steering as well. This is a recipe for an underwhelming driving experience.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.