[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me out, /o/, and I'll tell you how to beat the Eight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 0121171249b.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
0121171249b.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
help me out, /o/, and I'll tell you how to beat the Eight Six on the downhill.

this is my speed sensor. something inside the tranny is chewing it up after I blew the clutch.

any ideas? car drives fine until on the highway, then randomly drops into limp mode for a few seconds
>>
>>16529790
Bump I don't even have an answer
>>
OP here- I looked up a diagram for my tranny and I'm still completely stumped, it's part no 13 (pick-up assy.) on here

http://parts.sonshonda.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=289283&ukey_make=988&ukey_model=13660&modelYear=2003&ukey_category=17206

so somehow the mainshaft is far enough out of line to gouge 1/8" out of the speed sensor?
>>
>>16529790

You linked the automatic, not manual diagram
Anyways going by what I know:

Automatic uses a gear drive sensor for the speed sensor to tell torque convertor speed.
Manual most likely goes off teeth off the flywheel.

Generally speaking the only way for the gouging to happen on manuals is flywheel,clutch or transmission housing is out of alignment enough to rub against said sensor. Now this can be metal to metal contact or debris from your exploded whatever that wasnt cleaned up properly.

Nor it could be as simple as a missing gasket/washer to space it out far enough for proper operation. Keep in mind, these sensors work almost as the same as ABS sensors, and those always can operate on a SLIGHT airgap and still work fine. Course the closer the better.

Tl:dr need more info for proper diagnose but this should help.
>>
>>16529790
>Framingham
>mfw theres faggots on here that live 10 mins away from me
>>
>>16530143

derp. you're right. here's the manual, still looks like it is the mainshaft based on location

http://parts.sonshonda.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=289338&ukey_make=988&ukey_model=13660&ukey_category=17210

the sensor does not work in this condition, obvs. the shop that did the clutch thought they fucked it up and put a replacement in, it was damaged in a few minutes of driving tho
>>16530156
Go Flyers
>>
one more detail. I blew the clutch hard core. smoked it meaning literal smoke.
>>
>>16530283
If there was a rotating object hitting the sensor, then there would be a much more clear imprint. It looks like something went over with a single pass on the surface of the sensor. If the shop you took the vehicle to did not flush otu ALL of the fluid or remove any debris, there is a chance that there was a piece of clutch floating in the transmission fluid.

It is possible the chunk of shit could enter into the rotating assembly where the various gear teeth mesh.
>>
>>16530339

doesn't a clutch replacement come with a tranny flush? I figured the shop would drop the pan and clean everything out
>>
File: download-1.jpg (3KB, 183x144px) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
3KB, 183x144px
Ok, thanks /o/. that's enough to go on

as promised here's how to beat the Eight Six on the downhill
>pic very related
>>
Missing a washer?
>>
>>16530339

>there is a chance that there was a piece of clutch floating in the transmission fluid.

This is extremely unlikely. The input shaft for the transmission is generally sealed by at least one gasket, and rides in a bearing or bushing. The transmission internals are completely sealed off from the clutch assembly. This is for a standard transmission, which it seems the OP is talking about.

For an auto, if you blew a clutch or band, yeah, you could end up with some pieces floating around inside the case, but they'd normally be extremely fine pieces unless you had some other catastrophic mechanical failure to go along with it. Burning a clutch in an auto normally just results in a lot of very fine friction material floating around, not big chunks of stuff.

My best guess is someone thumped it putting it back in, it lost clearance and eventually failed. If you have the new sensor in and it's still dropping into limp mode at highway speeds, but not around town, my guess would be that when the old sensor failed by rubbing, it wore down the sensor ring, and the excessive clearance now results in overlapping pulses at high speeds, which causes it to go into limp mode, since it's essentially losing signal when the pulses lapse.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.