[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Watching Barrett-Jackson >All these boomers buying dadrods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

File: Barrett_jackson.jpg (118KB, 560x346px) Image search: [Google]
Barrett_jackson.jpg
118KB, 560x346px
>Watching Barrett-Jackson
>All these boomers buying dadrods
>Realize someday I'll be that age

What cars will we be spending stupid money on at Barrett-Jackson auctions when we're in our 40s and 50s?
>>
Mint un-molested BRZ's and FRS's.
>>
>>16526558
Like this Trans Am "still in the wrapper" that just sold?
>>
i cant wait until they have JDM and rocketbunny shit all over barrett jackson

SOON
>>
File: 1483985338617.jpg (232KB, 1400x859px) Image search: [Google]
1483985338617.jpg
232KB, 1400x859px
>>16526545
unmolested Pontiac Fieros for sure.
Scion tC
GM Kappa twins
Toyobaru triplets
Beetle Turbos
good Camaros since all the Mustangs will be in junkyards with blown turbos or have been trashed til the V8s gave up
>>
Will ICE cars even be legal in most places in 30 years? Places like Commiefornia are considering banning black cars and their emission testing is getting more and more strict.
>>
>>16526558
kek
>>
>>16526545
I was at that show.
When the Bel Air came out, I told my buddy that I bet it would go for six figures, and sure enough, it did.

>>16526569
People are already trying to do this and it's really funny. A guy at my work was trying to sell a 2002 TA firehawk with 14k miles for $30k. The car is barely 15 years old and he is already saying that's going to "appreciate in value".
>>
>>16526545
any unmolested E36,E46 M3 or E39,E60 M5
>>
>40s and 50s
>spending stupid money
I don't think the current generation will ever be that wealthy. Boomers are an anomaly of being able to waste money.
>>
>implying I'll have enough money to blow on shit like that when I'm only 40 or 50
>implying I'll even be able to retire before I die
>>
How long until we're bidding on a S2000 replicas and buying rusted to shit MX5 shells that ran when parked
>>
File: Get Excited.png (68KB, 175x240px) Image search: [Google]
Get Excited.png
68KB, 175x240px
>that inevitable decade when all the boomers die and the cars they flock to suddenly plummet in value
>suddenly cheap muscle and old luxury landbarges everywhere
>>
You won't because most millennials won't have fat 401ks to cash in and robots will have taken your job.
>>
>>16528398
Robots can't defend themselves when you shoot them. Why aren't we simply burning down automated factories until they stop building them?
>>
>>16528411

Vaginas.
>>
File: Singer-Vehicle-Design-body.jpg (375KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Singer-Vehicle-Design-body.jpg
375KB, 2000x1333px
>>16526888
ICE cars will be grandfathered in. A car only has to conform to the regulations that where in place when it was manufactured.

I expect we'll see a lot more restomods. Existing VINs can be perpetually rebuilt, assuring ICE cars will continue to exist as long as ICE car fans live.
>>
>>16526545
>tfw you realize /o/tists will be as bad as boomers when it comes to 80s and 90s shitboxes
>Geo Metros selling for 15k
>NA Miatas going for 20k clean, 10k shitty
>tofu drift machine becomes one of the most expensive non-exotic cars of all time
>>
>>16528629
>A car only has to conform to the regulations that where in place when it was manufactured.
This is usually the case, but I want to mention something from my own country where it wasn't. In Germany ALL cars regardless of age had to get light indicators retrofitted by 1963.
>>
>>16528411
See how that worked for the luddites.
>>
>>16528707
That's a relatively minor retrofit, not a wholesale banning.

If anything i see ICE cars needing to be retrofitted with good quality 300+ cell cats, not really the end of the world.
>>
>>16526586
Plz no
>>
I dunno modern cars have much more higher tech and catches up to that point where repairs arent worth it quicker than the previous generations and theres no cheap alternatives

models like Nismo, Type R, Hellcat, Shelby, ACR/X, Raptors, 1M, may end up the big money

of course shit like Skylines, Miatas. RX-7s, Supras, Silvias, Integras, Z cars, 80s-2000s BMWs, Trans Ams, Camaros, and GTOs are going to be your boring shit that takes up everything in another decade I think

hell were already driving the prices of them up as is so yeah those are going to be the IT cars

>>16528394
0% chance of happening

look at 50s car prices there will be a small drop (10-20%) but its not getting cheap

plenty of boomers are already selling their cars off at a loss of a few thousand dollars
>>
>>16526545
>Barrett-Jackson
The sole reason rust piles are going for thousands.
>>
>>16529017
Yeah but look at the general rarity of desirable '50s cars like Lancia, and then the sheer number of surviving American cars.
>>
>>16528411
We're not Luddites.
>>
What happens in 20 years with all of these custom shops that do big ticket restorations?
>>
> Any low mile viper
> Any factory non emissions low mile diesel pickup
> Unmolested BRZ/AE86/FRS
> Challenger Scat Pack / Hellcat / SRT8
> Mustang Foxbodies
> 3rd Gen Camaros/Fireturds
> S2000
> RX-7
>>
>Skylines, Miatas. RX-7s, Supras, Silvias, Integras, Z cars, 80s-2000s BMWs, Trans Ams, Camaros, and GTOs are going to be your boring shit

I am so OK with this. Bring it on!
>>
>>16528394
They'll all be junked by their millennial grand children, because they've been taught that they're bad for the environment.
>>
>>16529017
Yeah sorry buddy but the vast majority of 50s cars aren't that expensive. Boomers only pay ridiculous sums of money for T-birds, Corvettes and Chevys. There are perfectly affordable cars from the 50s that are actually better than the Chevys that go for less. You can get a 57 Ford Skyliner perfectly restored for 40k. 2dr Chevys are in that same price range without being convertibles. Not to mention Mopar guys basically ignore the 50s which leave those cars affordable.
>>
>>16529439
>Not to mention Mopar guys basically ignore the 50s which leave those cars affordable.
No we don't.
Find me a 50's Chrylser 300 anything for cheap.
>>
>>16529277
It's not like old cars are getting newer. My truck needs to be restored for the second time.
>>
>>16529449
>using a 300 as an example of desirability
Wew lad. 300s are desirable to most people which is why they are expensive
Here's some more typical Mopar of the Forward look era
Heres a Desoto
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/906618/1957-desoto-firedome-for-sale-in-phoenix-arizona-85009
A 57 Plymouth convertible in fucking Germany is still less than a equivalent Chevy convertible
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/plymouth/belvedere/1727460.html
Here's a good Windsor project for 6500
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/923624/1961-chrysler-windsor-for-sale-in-new-ulm-minnesota-56073
Here's a 56 New Yorker
http://www.cars-on-line.com/78131.html
>>
>>16529600
>https://classiccars.com/listings/view/906618/1957-desoto-firedome-for-sale-in-phoenix-arizona-85009
>$21k
I thought you said they were cheap

>https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/plymouth/belvedere/1727460.html
>$41k
c..cheap..?
>https://classiccars.com/listings/view/923624/1961-chrysler-windsor-for-sale-in-new-ulm-minnesota-56073
If i had a spare 7 grand i'd buy this.

The reason Chevy is more valuable is because the '57 Chevy is one of the most famous automobiles. Everyone wants one because they saw it in (movie)
>>
>>16529656
They aren't cheap by /o/ standards. But the point still stands. Just because some autist on /o/ thinks 41k is too much for a fully restored convertible doesn't mean it's expensive. Retards will pay 80k for a 57 Chevy convertible all day. Boomers don't make decisions on what they think is cool individually but rather what society thinks is cool.
>>
>>16529713
>Just because some autist on /o/ thinks 41k is too much for a fully restored convertible doesn't mean it's expensive
But it is, I've seen cheaper muscle cars all over the place.

Keep in mind this is $41k that sits in a garage 363 days of the year. It's and expense that is pure want.
>>
my personal recent favorites

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1991-NISSAN-SKYLINE-GTR-200045
>$33,000

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1989-NISSAN-SKYLINE--201510
>$34,100

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1989-NISSAN-SKYLINE--199202
>GTS-t
>$24,200

BUT I THOUGHT PRICES ON R32 SKYLINES ARE GONNA GO DOWN. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
>>
>>16529746
>japscrap
lol pay me to take those shitheaps.
>>
>>16529753
OK, grandpa.
>>
>>16526545
Foxbodies
>>
>>16529777
are shit
>>
>>16529777
Stop perpetuating the meme. They are some of the worst cars ever manufactured by Americans.
>>
>>16529814
This
t. American.
>>
JDM yo.
STIs, EVOs, GTRs, Zs, 240s...
Instead of dadhotrods we're gonna see ricers, LB Works, Rocket Bunny, if a car had a feature on canibeat, speedhunters, stance nation.
I also expect an increase in euroshitboxes.
GTIs, Rs, S4s, etc.
>>
>>16526862
There's 2 1986 fieros on craigslist near me. 60k miles and 97k miles. Both under 6 grand and both been on for months. No one wants em.
>>
>>16529848
The future is bleak..
>>
>>16526545
A lot of Japanese sportscars from the '80s and '90s:
- Supra
- NSX
- RX-7
- Imported Skyline
...And newer Japanese cars like the GT-R, Lancer Evolution, WRX, Toyobaru twins, Civic Type R, and Lexus F cars. Probably unmolested Honda Civics and CR-X from the late-'80s and early-'90s. .

Euro sportscars
- BMW M cars
- Mercedes AMG cars
- Audi RS (and probably regular S)
- pretty much everything from Porsche Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc

American sportscars:
- Chrysler SRT
- Shelby Mustangs
- Ford Raptor
- Cadillac V-Series
- high-end Corvette and Camaro
>>
>>16529848
Every brotruck on the road is a potential buyer of classic muscle cars.
The market is far from dead.
>>
>>16526545
Ill be plopping down 120k for a mint 300zx tt
>>
>>16529867
I don't mind. Current year cars such as the restyled camaros, stangs, and so on will be cheap.
GT86, ND miatas, 350s, 370s, current gen WRX (non sti), challengers, chargers, Mk5+ GTIs, etc.
I don't like many of those, but if they go for spare change in 5-10 years I will be inclined to have them as track and scrap, and that's nice.

>>16529877
Oh yeah, I'm not discounting them.
90s and 00s saleens, shelbys, special editions, C5s with headers and a light tune.
In fact, we already have dumbasses who think like that already.
Fatt Farah already claimed his C5 and a modded Foxbody (which is a failure) are his future classics.
I only see his Vanquish sort of being the only true classic (in the immediate future, then again he got the semi auto), but even then, he represents what I expect barrett-jackson traders to be in a couple of years.
>>
I'll bid 400k on a mint 3000gt VR4 in a couple years
>>
Every car from the original FF, even the second FF will go for crazy money imo.
Even a retarded GLI, a manual Maxima, Black Si civics, FWD Ecplises.
>>
>>16528332
>Appreciate in value
Kek, your co-worker is stupid.
>>
>>16528383
You act like /o/ doesn't do that already.
>>
>>16528411
Literally luddites
>>
The modern Challenger was basically made to wind up in Barrett-Jackson auctions. When the first ones hit the antique threshold, the prices on them will skyrocket.

By 2040, when the first Hellcat become Antiques, I can virtually guarantee you won't see one for less than a couple hundred grand.
>>
>>16530465
Shame they look like shit
>>
>>16530465
Dunno about the first gen. Sure the SRT model has that engine but otherwise it's a pretty lame car. Bidders probably won't know or care though.
>>
Calling it right the fuck now

unmolested s13 with a whopping 100k miles with a maintenance book missing the last 50k of maintenance records

starting bid is 300 thousand dollars
>>
Unmolested AE86

$1.2 million
>>
>>16526545
>bone stock s2000
>232k miles
>flawless service records
>starting bid of $100k
>mfw
>>
>>16529746

>R32 GTST
>24k

jesus christ someone didnt do their homework
>>
what world do you live in

they wouldnt even let such a high miles car accross the block, even now

expect to see the gallant vr4 showroom new with less than 5k miles

imagine the twin turbo FD rx7 one owner with all factory forms build sheets and paperwork

imagine a silvia with the best factory front end and rear end speced from the factory without an interior with all origional build sheets

imagine paul walkers collection

imagine will-i-am's car collection

imagine jay lenos collection

imagine jerry signfelds collection

imagine all the prototype cars you see posted on google and reddit

imagine whats left of the mazda fury on the block

imagine all those one off arab supercars

imagine EVERY CAR ever used in a fast and furious movie
>>
>>16532773
Not a single car owned by any collector in your list is as rare as a stock 240sx will be in 20 years
>>
>>16529279
>Any low mile viper
I second this. Even early 2000 vipers still go for almost 30k+.
>>
>>16526545
>What cars will we be spending stupid money on at Barrett-Jackson auctions when we're in our 40s and 50s?
I honestly think some kind of apocalypse will happen in the next 20yrs or so, probably in the form of mass societal collapse due to too many fucking humans and not enough resources.
>>
>>16532784
So true haha.
>>
>>16529799
>>16529814
ITT cucks who drive miatas and are jealous of God-tier foxbodies.
>>
>>16526545
>What cars will we be spending stupid money on at Barrett-Jackson auctions when we're in our 40s and 50s?

The vast majority of You guys aren't boomers who were made before the gap between well-off and everyone else became so huge. Because of that gap, most people here now will never be able to have that kind of extravagance (unless stupid). It's ironic that Trump is well aware of that because republicans generally seem to want that gap to be bigger and politically work for it to be that way.
>>
>>16533412
>mass societal collapse due to too many fucking humans and not enough resources.
Not enough net taxpayers
High infrastructure costs
Too many people using social services

Makes it hard for car owners. Can't tax gun owners with a license each year per gun. So got to add more ICE taxes to pay for social welfare due to all the tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations.
>>
>>16533861
>God-tier foxbodies.
lmao no.
>>
Are millennials even into classic cars?
>>
>>16533412
>typica trump voter
>>
>>16536630
I like almost all cars. I'm really into 70s/80s pickup trucks but I drive a JDM car and have been thinking of buying a SC300. I think the reason the car community can't get along with each other is because our hobby is infested with normies. I get having likes and dislikes but everyone just shits on what they don't like.
>>
>>16533893
By resources I meant actual things like clean water, food, clean air, etc. Future wars will almost certainty be fought over dwindling supplies of fresh water and farmable land.

>>16536732
Not even remotely, the guy's a bloviating buffoon.
>>
>>16536630
millennials wank over 80s-90s cars
>>
>>16526862
the Kappa twins already appreciated here in florida by about 2-3k over the past two months which is kind of depressing as I thought of it as an affordable weekend toy
>>
03-04 SVT Terminators
id imagine any SVT ford as well
>>
>>16536630
I am. And I love my classic.
>>
>>16536630
I don't have that much interest in most pre 80's cars because they're just too expensive.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.