[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I'm having a strange problem in my car: it randomly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 7885.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
7885.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
Guys, I'm having a strange problem in my car: it randomly gets a rough as fuck idle (the gearstick vibrates) and loses power, after a while it goes back to normal. Any ideas?
>>
>>16520989
needs a new spark belt for sure
>>
>>16521064
You mean the timing belt?
BTW, forgot to mention it started happening some time after I loaded some fuel in a neighboring country
>>
>>16520989
sounds like either timing, or old plugs/wires
>>
>>16521077
I was memeing, >>16521152 is probably on it with the spark plugs. Pull em and check them out.
>>
>>16520989
Start with plugs & wires, check your idle control valve, any check engine lights?
>>
>>16521077
>>16521165
Also, remember that spark plug cables are consumable and wear out just like anything else.
>>
>>16521165
>I was memeing
oh lol
>>16521152
>>16521166
>>16521169
I'll do that, thanks guys. Also no check engine lights.
>>
>>16520989
Check the ect
>>
File: 1467799253777.jpg (27KB, 309x281px) Image search: [Google]
1467799253777.jpg
27KB, 309x281px
>>16520989
crank shaft or cam shaft sensor
>>
>>16520989
idle controll valve is dirty....
>>
>>16520989
Could be the fuel filter if you put on fuel that might be filled with shit. Also depends on when you last changed it. EGR valve is also a good idea to check.
>>
>>16522158
It's a manuel
>>16522234
ouch
>>16522271
It was on 1/4, I filled the tank with shitty fuel, when it was back to 1/4 it started giving me issues again. I filled to 3/4 with good fuel and then when it was back at 1/4 I loaded some premium fuel.
>>
>>16520989
if it has a lot of miles you probably just need to clean the throttle body.
>>
>>16523129
ect = engine coolant temp. Stop wasting money on premium gas unless it's required in the owner's manual.

it could be a vacuum leak.
>>
Well I went to my mechanic and he told me to put some injector cleaner additive, let's see if it solves itself. I didn't pull the plugs out because I lack the necessary tools (it even has a cover with torx screws)
>>
>>16525033
Seafom.
>>
Here's what you do anon.
>Put in fresh oem spark plugs
>Coil packs are going bad, replace all
If no coil packs, replace the spark plug leads with high quality ones like NGK, Bosch or whatever.
>>
Check for fault codes. If there are any relating to mixture adaptation limits being reached then it's probably a fuel delivery issue. In that case check the pump (and filter as others have said).
>>
An update guys: I found out that engine braking tends to trigger the issue. I've been driving on the highway for the last hour and it gave me the problem most often after stopping for the traffic lights.
>>
>>16525033
Injector cleaner is a meme unless the car has literally never seen one in its life. The additives in fuel are more than enough to get rid of carbon buildup on the inside of an engine.
>>
>>16529049
Typical additives prevent buildup. But nothing is very effective against existing deposits.
>>
>>16529049
What about gunk buildup tho?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.