[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some piece of shit keyed my 01 merc, how would i go about getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1265873063547.jpg (124KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1265873063547.jpg
124KB, 337x367px
Some piece of shit keyed my 01 merc, how would i go about getting exact paint for fixing this?
>>
File: 8GEYTZY[1].png (329KB, 454x351px) Image search: [Google]
8GEYTZY[1].png
329KB, 454x351px
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>16517808
You're going to have to go to a shop. We use computer matching, or just order the paint directly from the manufacturer, or they tell us what paint to mix. This isn't something you can do yourself for it to come out correctly. You also have to blend the rest of the surrounding body or else it'd look pretty bad
>>
>>16518164
shit, alright. ill see if i can find a shop. thank you
>>
Dealerships will get you small bottles with a brush that matches your paint exact

I've had one for my W202 and it was really nice paint aswell
>>
>>16517808
It's probably too deep a scratch, but have you looked at taking it to a detailer's? It's cheaper than getting it sprayed. Just playing Devil's advocate.
>>
>>16518302
This here
>>16518318
Will work if you don't mind the paint lookinh a little funky when you view it at an angle. The part you painted will look brighter and newer and stand out if viewed from the side. It can work, but if you want it to look good again you'll have to get everything blended nicely. If you're just trying to get rid of hideous scratches without making it look like new again, than that paint will work
>>
>>16517808
What colour?
>>
>>16518333
You're right. I also actually read the OP properly and realised he wants it fixed properly, my mistake

OP, have you tried giving it a good polish with colored polishing resin?
>>
File: Squirt_n-Squeegee.jpg (88KB, 705x705px) Image search: [Google]
Squirt_n-Squeegee.jpg
88KB, 705x705px
>>16517808
>Some piece of shit keyed my 01 merc, how would i go about getting exact paint for fixing this?

Call your Dealer's parts department and ask if they have matching touch-up paint in stock for your car. Dealers generally do not "stock" touch-up paint. There are also alternative keyed paint repair approaches such as what is in the picture.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.