[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How useful/accurate are KBB figures? Seems like it doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: AT_12_KellyBlueBk_NoTag_RGB.png (35KB, 165x223px) Image search: [Google]
AT_12_KellyBlueBk_NoTag_RGB.png
35KB, 165x223px
How useful/accurate are KBB figures? Seems like it doesn't matter what vehicle I look up, KBB says it's worth 25-40% less.
>>
>>16507340
Are you an old muscle car guy by any chance?
>>
I want to infiltrate and work at KBB so I can change their "Good" rating to "I KNOW WHAT I GOT"
>>
Literally the exact opposite is KBB. Every value given is 20% too much and skews idiots views on what they think the value of their car is. KBB just IS what the price for their vehicle is no matter what.
>>
>>16507340
thats because you are doing it wrong op

you have to put your milage as 30000 miles less than what it really is

after that you need to make sure you specify that the car is in flawless condition regaurdless of what condition its actually in

lastly you need to put that you have all the options and the premium engine and transmission even if you dont
>>
>>16507396
>>16507404
>>16507415
>>16507420
I mean I didn't expect very much intellect in the replies but you guys really took the cake.

For real though, put your memes aside. Are KBB numbers actually the "real" number? Like I said, I'm trying to buy a car and everything I look up, KBB says it's worth much, much less. Like I would feel bad making the kind of offer KBB says I should make.
>>
>>16507404

BASED!

>>16508935

Not even close.
>>
>>16507340
I think nada guides is more accurate for real world retail prices.
>>
>>16508966
So what in the fuck figures is KBB using? I just used nada guides on a civic I'm looking at. Guy is asking $3900 for a 2004 Civic, 138k miles. Nada says $4000. KBB says $1900.
nada: ~$4000
KBB: $1900 MAX fuck him good son
>>
>>16509020
Take a look at the trade in value. You want to get it as close to that as possible according to Chrisfix.
>>
File: scarygoround.png (26KB, 735x500px) Image search: [Google]
scarygoround.png
26KB, 735x500px
Used car market fluctuates drastically and some cars just retain value better in some areas. Subarus (of any kind) and Tacomas command absurd premiums where I live. The KBB or NADA are irrelevant for those models. On the other hand I bought my Xterra for pretty close to the blue book.
>>
>>16509037
Nobody is going to accept trade in value for their car in a private sale.
>>
>>16507340
If you live in commiefornia, add about ~1000 or so to the KBB price. However, rust is rare and the climate is good for car lifespans.

Source: am commiefornian.
>>
My car is valued at ~20K on every website. Except KBB, which values it at 14.5K.
>>
>>16507340
I believe KBB bases it on prices it sees in your area. It should be a decent approximation for something common, but if it's uncommon it may be basing the prices on a handful of sales over the pastvfew years
>>
>>16508935
the market for old cars just like old anything is always going to be ruined by retards shoving on the RARE and emotional title and insisting this one is worth 100x what it is. The problem is there's no "real" authority to determine what it's worth because there's too much emotion into the car model.

What I say is that too much over what an insurance company would pay if it were totaled is the value of it. We have this thread every time someone finds a 50 year old beat to shit porsche shell, it doesn't even have to have the internals, tires, or anything at all and people put it up for $40K

we also have this problem with old technology and PCs from the 80s as well as video games from the 90s, amiga, earthbound, CBFD, super mario RPG are all examples of way too much emotion flipping out the market, they're not worth anything people put them up for
>>
>>16511184
I mean how much emotion can be in a four owner mid-gen civic? I think KBB just has fucked up values. I plugged my car in for shits, KBB said it was worth 10K. (I paid 14K for it) I happen to know it's worth 13-15K because I bought it from my Uncle who owns a used dealership. (I know what I got)

For real though, KBB screws people and I wouldn't be surprised if they exist for the sole purpose of making money in the used car market.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.