[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I need a second truck for towing/carrying a lot of stuff,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hey /o/ I need a second truck for towing/carrying a lot of stuff, what do you guys think of the Suburban ? I am looking at two generations : 1991-1999 or 2000-2006. Any inputs on these trucks ?

I really like the look and the space these trucks offer.
>>
File: 1478985241787.jpg (226KB, 1888x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1478985241787.jpg
226KB, 1888x1320px
>>16502692
How much wight and what will you be towing faamichan?
>>
>>16502736
a 3500 pounds caravan, hunting/fishing gear
>>
>>16502826
Start checking your GVWRs, get a rough estimate on tongue weight and make sure you're not gonna be dragging ass up the freeway. That's not a monster amount of weight, but depending on your engine and gearing combo it might not tow super well (and/or get shit mpgs). Pretty sure the Suburbans had a greater range of models during those eras than they do now.
>>
>>16502854
Thanks for the towing advices.

My concern is more about the reliability/running costs of such a big truck. I am well aware that this is a gaz guzzler tho.
>>
>>16502884
>reliability/running costs of such a big truck.
Very reliably trucks. Commonality means parts are cheap as dirt, keeping costs down for maintenance and the odd repair.

I'm not sure what you have to compare to but fuel economy isn't nearly as bad as a lot of people think it is. Insurance is also cheap for them.
>>
>>16502937
Well I had a ford ranger 3.0, a 3.5 g35x. These are the 2 worst cars I had in term of mpg.

I drive about 7-8k miles a year shared on 2 cars so Gas should not be a major concern since my other car is a skyactiv mazda3.
>>
Bump anyone else ?
>>
>>16502692

Both era's of vehicles can take that just fine. I would try to get you to look at 3/4 ton models instead for the sole purpose of resale value and rarity. The only downside to that in the 89-99 is the 454 or 6.2/6.5 I wouldn't get those engines for the life of me but on the 00-06 you get that juicy 6.0 LS or the even juicier 8.1L.

But as your only towing 3,500lbs the little half tons will handle it just fine. Just remember this era of trucks have horrible overdrives and please don't tow in overdrive.
>>
>>16503011
6.2/6.5 is fine if it's mechanical injection and you upgrade the cooling.
454 was great, even better than the 350 of the era.
>>
>>16502692
They're cheap as fuck, reliable as fuck, and good overall.

Go ask this on /ORG/. There are at least 5 people who offroad these things and know a lot about them. A few are going on their third or fourth burb at the moment.
>>
Thank you guys !
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.