[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought a used car from a dealership that got a hold of said car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1434760759756.jpg (608KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1434760759756.jpg
608KB, 1920x1080px
Bought a used car from a dealership that got a hold of said car 2 days priors. Since the DMV takes forever, the dealership told me they are still waiting for the title to the car, and my temp plate is about to expire in 2 days.What the hell do I do?
>>
>>16502243
Drive with temp plates. Tell cops if pulled over story. Or get dealship to issue new paper plates
>>
>>16502251

I'm subject to getting tickets from meter maids because I park my car on city streets. Or worse, I could get impounded (how likely would this be...)

Dealer can't issue new/extended temp plates for out of state people.
>>
>>16502243
Had that happen to me before so I went to the dealer and he printed me a new temp plate.
>>
Demand a new temporary plate.

If they refuse, demand return of funds. They cannot legally sell a vehicle they do not possess title to. If they cannot present a legal physical title within a reasonable time frame then put legal pressure on them.
>>
>>16502264
>Dealer can't issue new/extended temp plates for out of state people.
False. Temp plates can be issued to any valid residential address.
>>
>>16502282

They're not going to give a new temp plate because I'm out of state (this is NJ, I live in NY). It's illegal for them to give new temp.

He said he can give me a letter that will basically explain that the DMV is still processing the title into the name of the dealership. -- I'm not sure how much value this letter holds though. I'll still get pulled over and have to explain myself. Worse yet, I'll still get tickets probably even if I tape the letter to the dashboard.

This is excruciating. I just want to register and own the fucking thing.
>>
>>16502329

I spoke to NJ DMV and they said it's illegal. They said some dealerships will still print new temp tags, but if they get audited they'll be in trouble.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.