[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>checking out cars in the 5-7,000 dollar range >see a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>checking out cars in the 5-7,000 dollar range
>see a few VWs, one 2011 rabbit with 90k on it for 4,000 dollars in decent condition
>wary about VW reliability thanks to /o/
>read differing reviews online

Is the VW reliability meme just that, a meme? Or is it substantiated?
>>
depends where are u from
>>
In the US, you have like a 50-50 chance of getting one that has no problems and you'll probably love it in that case.
If you're unlucky enough for that to not be the case, you'll have problem after problem after problem and you'll end up hating the fucking thing.
>>
mine has been fine, except the weird electrical quirks (doors lock multiple times)
>>
>>16498599
The US
>>16498603
Thats pretty horrifying t b h
Also
>all these 100,000+ mile salvage/rebuilt titles going for 5,000 plus

What the fuck is wrong with these people?
>>
>>16498584
Mexican built ones are the problem children. If you get one of the German built ones you should be fine. It's just a matter of quality control, really.

My 2009 GTI hasn't had any issues aside from age stuff so far. Only had to redo the headliner because it was sagging, and change one factory part that had the potential to give me trouble. It obviously hadn't given either of the previous owners trouble.
>>
>>16498584

If you're US - stay away from 'local' Mexico lines like the plague or import from Europe.

If you're Europe - they are great unless you care about emissions.
>>
>>16498584
Put the vin in a decoder, if it say Germany buy it.
>>
fuck
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.