[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT / SQT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 52

File: QER.png (12KB, 906x296px) Image search: [Google]
QER.png
12KB, 906x296px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Google It First Edition

Previous Thread - >>16454642
>>
>>16493485
Is an eaton m62 supercharger for 200 dollars a good deal?
>>
Is it possible to get a car within a certain sect of car culture and stay away from that culture? Had a friend buy a Subaru and start acting really different. Even bought a vape, he never smoked cigs either.
>>
Is it difficult to replace a catalytic converter by yourself
>>
Tint Question:
Pic related is my car (google image obviously, don't have a pic of *my* car), as you can see it's a Nightfall Gray Metallic.
I live in Texas and tint laws are 25% front sides, any % on rear, so legally speaking the most I can do on the front sides is 35% film (aka 24.5% with the 70% factory tint).

Now, ideally I'd like a slightly reflective tint (not mirror) because I think it'd look better with my color than a flat black tint, however I also want high quality tint that doesn't interfere with radio/gps/radar signals (so no metal or dye based).

>Do you agree with my assessment on what would look good or do you think a flat black would look better?
>Do ceramic, nano, or carbon tints come in gray/reflective hues or am I stuck with black if I want high quality?
>Any opinions on the manufacturers I'm looking at? (In order: Dub-IR, 3M Crystalline, Llumar, Johnson, Suntek)
>Should I do 35% all over to keep it legal and even, 35% front, 5% other to keep it legal and as dark as possible, or some other illegal combo like 25%/5%?
>I've heard of people tinting their front windshield's (illegal in Texas) with something very transparent like 70% for slight tint and IR rejection. Other than the legality, are there any downsides to this?

Obviously I'm going to get this professionally done, so a shop might refuse to do the windshield and too dark on the sides.
>>
Bumped my car on a guardrail and now there's a metallic throbbing I can feel through the pedals. That bump didn't do too much damage, broken running light and bumper which was fixed with strategic tape.

What should I be in the lookout for?
>>
File: picrelated.jpg (150KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.jpg
150KB, 640x480px
>>16493485

I'm rebuilding the Ka24E in my pickup and I'm looking to add some more power, around the 200hp mark.

I know to set it up with a supercharger, i need a supercharger, a modified intake, belt path, wastegate(?), possibly injectors, and a tune.

I don't know any specifics of what I need though, can I just take a eaton M90 off of a early 2000's gm car, slap it on, tune it, and call it a day or is there more to it than that?
>>
>>16493485
>1999 Dodge Dakota
>3.9 V6
>Autotragic
>RWD
>2W ABS

My check engine light came on today when I started up. Finished my errands, didn't hear or feel anything weird. Stopped by auto store (O' Reilly's) to get the code checked. Was told that it said "cylinder 1 misfire". wut do?

I'd rather fix it myself and, like I said, it's running fine right now. No unusual noise when at idle or under load (tested that after I got back from the errands). Wasn't driving funny at all either.
>>
Clear the code. If it comes back then check/replace from the sparkplug to the wires to the cluster. Won't be too difficult. Invest in one of the cheap obdII scanners that connect to your phone on Amazon so you can check/clear codes yourself
>>
>>16494007
Sorry this
>>16494029
Is meant for you

My bad
>>
>>16494029
I assume you meant to reply to me >>16494007
>Clear then check/replace from spark plug to cluster
Alright, will do.

>invest in obd that connects to phone
A) Poor
B) I don't have a smartphone
C) Roommate has one
I simply figured since O' Reilly's was on the way home I'd stop by there to get it checked since it was free.
>>
>>16493671
Sure, just don't be a faggot. I'll still think you're a faggot regardless.
>>16493680
Depends. Have you done it before? Do you know what you're doing? Is it built into the headers and you need to replace all that shit? If you live in the rustbelt, you're probably going to need to chop and torch some bolts before they'll come off. If you're not comfortable with that, fin someone who is.
>>
File: AAA222.jpg (3MB, 3284x1339px) Image search: [Google]
AAA222.jpg
3MB, 3284x1339px
This kiddo again.

Thank god for O'Reilys. They pulled the codes (took 3 adapters tho) from from 1994 Firebird.

Codes:
35 - Idle Air Control Problem can't set Idle RPM
46 - Passkey II Problem
75, 76, & 77 - EGR Solenoid Malfunction #1,2, & 3

Thoughts? Should I be worried? Is there anything that causes these issues to appear that I should check on?
Original SQT posts:
>>16491813
>>16491818

>>16491830
>>16491837 -Thanks Anon
>>
>>16494055
I've never worked on a car before.
>>
>>16494119
Yes. It will be difficult. Find a friend who's at least handy around that shit. Also do some research on how to do it on your car.
>>
>>16494119
Forgot to mention. If your area gets snow and salted, any bolts on your exhaust ain't comin off without chopping off the head or heating the bolt red hot with a torch. You might get lucky with soaking them in PB blaster and wacking them hard with a hammer or mallet to break em loose, but I doubt it.
>>
>>16493823
>KA24E
maybe you should use a DE instead so the timing chain doesn't explode
>getting 70 extra horses off a 130hp block from supercharging
idk i think you'd should go the turbo route, it would be easier
http://forums.nicoclub.com/dude-sweet-ka-supercharger-kit-t182929.html
>>
>>16494052
nah they're jews who try to upsell you random shit with your obd info, get a handheld obdII scanner from amazon for like $20;
have you changed the spark plugs, dist. cap and rotor, and plug wires in the last three years?
>>
>>16494029
>>16494045
Alright, so I just reset it and I let it run for a couple minutes and then took it for a quick drive. Code was gone and didn't come back. Thanks anon.

>>16494184
Bought it used, I've had it for less than a year.
>>
>>16494206
change 'em, it's usually less than $50
>poorfag
take out the plugs and soak them in gas, q tip them clean, soak again, let dry, if you have a gapper gap them, reinstall; take some sandpaper to the points in the distributor cap and clean them up, as well as the edge of the rotor; inspect the wires for any cracking or melting, they should also have a date code and you can probably let them go for 5-7 years.
>advanced: use sandpaper on sparkplug electrode until nice and flat, soak in gas, qtip clean, re-gap, reinstall
>>
File: tein2.jpg (252KB, 1319x459px) Image search: [Google]
tein2.jpg
252KB, 1319x459px
>>16494016
reposting from other thread:
I wanna buy coils for my civic, its a 98 and I know that the forked coils go right into the control arm but im curious what the other in pic related are for or how they would mount?
>>
What would be a good dashcam? I have no idea what I'm looking for.
Some features that would be nice but not even sure if possible:
>multiple lenses, one facing forward the other facing back/to the side or adjustable
>ability to record while the car is off and left in a parking lot or something
>good enough pictures to see license plates/faces

Anything else I should know about dash cams?
Would it be possible to just use a GoPro as a dashcam?
>>
File: eyelet.jpg (70KB, 894x767px) Image search: [Google]
eyelet.jpg
70KB, 894x767px
>>16494394
I'm not sure I understand your question. They're eyelet mounts. they'd mount the same way as forked, it just depends on what your control arm accepts
>>
>>16493740
Throbbing? Does it pulsate more when you brake? Check to see your rotor isn't sitting at an angle where only parts of the metal are touching the pads
>>
>>16494603
Ah, thanks that's all I needed to know
>>
File: photo0jpg.jpg (102KB, 750x575px) Image search: [Google]
photo0jpg.jpg
102KB, 750x575px
I read that leasing is a good option for who likes to change car often. I don't plan that, but I'm terrified to buy a "bad" build car that will have a lot of problems afterward. Is it dumb to get the lease, see how the 4 years go and then if no breakdowns occurred finalize the buy?
>>
>buy used SV650 with 11k miles
>pull the spark plugs
>electrodes are brown and dry
good
>black oil at the base of the threads
wat mean
>>
>>16493485
Just inherited a 2013 Escape 2.0 ecoboost AWD

Was thinking of starting with this, is it good for the money, or snake oil?

http://www.knfilters.com/mobile/mProduct.aspx?prod=69-3537TS
>>
>live in a very cold area
>left a water bottle in my car and it cracked open
>leaked water condensation got all over the windshield and keeps freezing

What would be the easiest way to get rid of this problem during the winter?
>>
File: dolphinhunting.jpg (120KB, 962x521px) Image search: [Google]
dolphinhunting.jpg
120KB, 962x521px
best way to get clean mold off a car seat?
best way to dry a wet car seat or carpet?
>>
>>16494858
the difference is like
>renting a lemon
vs
>buying a lemon
you can sell the lemon you bought and recoup some of the cost, but if you rent a lemon you are not buying any of its equity and are basically paying for a service (car rental)
>this could work for you if you're rich
>>
>>16495363
1) scrape all the frozen condensation fom inside window, remove from vehicle; repeat 2-5 times
2) get one of those silica gel tubs (like damprid) from dolla holla or a rental unit company or walmart
>>
>>16495159
Check the valve cover gasket
>>
>>16495302
Not snake oil, but it's god awful for the money. You could get one off eBay for a lot cheaper or make your own for dirt cheap
>>
>>16495439
Rent one of those carpet steamers
>>
>>16493691
pls
>>
>>16495569
>rent a rug doctor carpet steamer to clean a vehicle
let's call this plan f since i don't need to clean the carpet, just dry it, and the seats are already out of the vehicle
>>
>>16494303
>Change 'em
If I get the code again tomorrow, absolutely. Otherwise I'll put it down to a weird bug, probably somehow caused by me replacing a wheel bearing yesterday.

>Cleaning advice
Never heard of that. Pretty cool. I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>16495654
>implying windshields aren't already polarized
there's a reason they call it truckers tan and not drivers sunburn
>all the other questions
inapplicable b/c a shop is doing it, ask their opinion and what material they will use
>>
What are the common metric sizes used on newer American cars? I mainly work on asian cars and I used to only ever needing JIS sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, and 19 for most things. I just did caliper rebuild on a 2011 Mustang GT and had to use 13 and 11. Any other sizes commonly used?
>>
>>16495963
>cleaning spark plugs and reconditioning dizzy caps and rotor contacts
>because sometimes you just don't have that extra $50
>note: by making the electrodes shorter they will run hotter, so no hooning
>also cleaning your dizzy cap and rotor with sandpaper will improve transmission but reduce service life; electronic contact cleaner spray also works, but not as well
lost arts
listen to old timers, they know things
>>
I helped jump a friend's car today. I've done this dozens of times before

My connection order:
>both cars off
>red/+ve from good battery
>red/+ve from dead battery
>black/-ve from good battery
>chassis ground in dead car
>turn my car on, charge for 5 min
>turn his car on

when my room mate went to connect negative from good battery to the chassis in his car there were sparks

no smoke, no heat, just some small amount of sparking

once the connection was made, sparks were gone

we went ahead and charged it and everything seemed fine: his car started up after my car charged up his battery, my car was okay too after

so what caused the sparks?

for there to be sparks it had to mean there was a decent potential difference between the ground of his car and my car right? there wasn't any arcing plasma just sparks. I don't knwo what kind of diff that requires or what the hell caused it really
>>
>>16496074
It will spark if there's something drawing power. When I have my door open and connect the negative to the battery it sparks because of the door light and other things.
>>
I have no idea what I'm doing here, what should I do?
>>
File: wallhaven-463121.png (3MB, 3200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-463121.png
3MB, 3200x1600px
>>16496104
damn okay
roomie totally had his car door open with the interior lights on

do you know what the reason is scientifically?

>>16496110
have faith in yourself aut/o/bot
>>
>>16495964
>inapplicable b/c a shop is doing it
This is exactly why I'm asking. I need to find a shop based on the materials they use. Some only use Llumar, some 3M, etc. Easier to decide on the tint I want and find the shop based on that.

Also the appearance questions have nothing to do with a shop.
>>
>>16496155
>giving a shit about what other people think
stop overthinking this, do what you want
also do you think that Umberto at the tint shop or some autists on /o/ are going to have more relevant opinions?
>protip: it's the mexican't
get multiple quotes, prices vary by geography, 3M is good
>>
File: 1482022563349.jpg (110KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482022563349.jpg
110KB, 800x600px
>>16496110
buy a roush or a twingo

>buying a car?
*look at the damn sticky
>want comfy bantz?
>>16489637
>can't wrench, wat do?
*sticky, youtube, forums
>>
>>16496147
The negative is basically the switch when everything is on. Nothing else stopping the current and with a car battery it's enough to jump when the connection is close.
>>
>>16496188

A twingo.

>>16496147
>have faith

A1.
>>
File: twingo.jpg (62KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
twingo.jpg
62KB, 449x600px
>>16496225
welcome twingo wielding newfriend
>>
>>16496179
You're still completely missing the point...
I already know the tints that I listed are high quality. I DO NOT know how they look (i.e. flat black or reflective), hence asking people that may have more experience with tints than I do what they think.
If I go to a shop that only uses 3M, they're not going to tell me Llumar is probably closer to what I'm looking for.

Not to mention I could always order a roll myself and have it applied.
>>
I had to jump my car off today. I drove it for over 30 minutes and when I tried to go home, I had to jump it off again. I took it to autozone and they said that both the alternator and battery went bad. I called my dad because 400 bucks is kinda rough to just drop out of the blue and he claims that it is incredibly rare for both the alternator and battery to go bad at the same time. My headlights haven't dimmed and all of my other electronics are working when I was driving. What are the odds of both my alternator and battery being bad?
>>
>>16495894
cheap and easy way is to get some box fans art walmart or use the ones you already have and let them run all day, one blowing in, one sucking out, weather and/or garage dependent obviously
I'd also buy two of those silica gel buckets like pic related, they're $6 at lowes
A faster alternative to the silica gel packets are a cheap dehumidifier, runs about $20-30 at walmart
Personally i'd throw one box fan pointing in at the passenger side back door, and one in the driver side front door pointing outward, with dehumidifier running somewhere that the air isnt circulating very well.
>>
>>16496277
alternator could be overcharging battery, killing battery
>incredibly rare
it happens
>>
>>16496258
>7 hours, no replies
>bumps
>argues with the only replies he gets
>hurr more exp!
trust me if i was wrong some fgt waiting in the peanut gallery would tell you about it
>Protip: marketed as reflective? it is.

>well i'll order my own material!
do it fgt, shops love applying different materials
>>
>>16496277
>Alternator bad
Shouldn't charge battery, vehicle won't run after battery is drained.

>Battery bad
Trouble/won't start, may not charge, irrelevant once vehicle is started (mostly).

Well shit, you tell me anon. It's possible it's both, what I'd take a look at is making sure your battery terminals aren't shit. Then try a new battery. If that doesn't work, try a new alternator. SO
>Make sure it isn't shit battery terminals/connectors
>THEN get a new battery
>THEN get a new alternator
>>
>>16496300
>put a dehumidifier in the vehicle
this is actually a great idea
thanks an/o/n

so to clean the seats:
>I took them out of the vehicle
>brushed off mold with toothbrush
>sprayed them with some hydrogen peroxide
>coated seats in baking soda
leaving outside overnight to get generally moist, going to let sun dry and then brush off baking soda; sounds good? would you add anything?
>>
>>16496369
thats pretty much exactly what i would do.
In my experience mold hates a few things more than anything else
>Lack of Moisture
>Air circulation
>Heat
>The sun
Lack of moisture and air circulation are not optional.
>>
>>16496383
>heat
so if you had a lack of heat (like me), would you:
*install seats wet and let dehumidifier run for 12 hrs in vehicle
OR
* leave seats drying in my house WITH dehumidifier after sun dry for 24-48 hrs?
>>
Will normies make fun of me if I drive a 2004 Forester?
>>
>>16497078
>2.5 L
probably not
>as fast as a volvo 850
this is a problem
>>
>>16494092
same anon as before
for 75-7 I'd replace the egr valve since those go bad after a while, and replace all (ALL) the vacuum tubing and stuff. the other components could be just fine
get the rubbery vacuum tube and not the hard stuff

46 i have no idea, google in forums

35 would make me think the IAC needs replaced
>>
>>16497112
>replace all (ALL) the vacuum tubing
except that one really long tube that goes to some where not on the motot

TBI engines are very picky about vacuum, they don't have tolerance for leaks
>>
>>16497112
1) ya agree
2) wtf idk; sympton of #1?
3) clean IAC first, use some carb cleaner
>>
Is an Impreza WRX Wagon much cheaper to insure than a regular WRX Sedan/Coupe ?
>>
>>16497128
PROBABLY SINCE WAGONS ARE FOR MOMS
>>
File: this.jpg (543KB, 1900x1267px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
543KB, 1900x1267px
>>16493485
What is the best BMW currently being produced and why is it the 435i xDrive Coupe?
>>
>>16497150
Don't say that
>>
File: IMG_20161106_015809306.jpg (140KB, 1479x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161106_015809306.jpg
140KB, 1479x832px
I bought a 99 cobra as my first manual car. It has 178k miles, I was wondering how much longer it'd probably last? I'm saving up for a rebuild/swap but the suspension/bushings need work too.
>>
File: volvoPcatchassis.jpg (17KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
volvoPcatchassis.jpg
17KB, 500x375px
>>16497164
>yfw can't into mom sportwagon
.t drives a turbobrick
>>
I have a new car and it's got blind spot monitors. I was driving in the rain for the first time last night and my passenger side blind spot warning kept going off without a car being there. Happened on highway, freeway, and 2 lane back roads.
I'm guessing/hoping that because it only happened while it was raining that the 2 things re related and my blind spot system in a new car isn't borked already.
Is this normal?
>>
Has anyone ever dealt with an old Mercedes diesel? Got one that misfires like a bitch https://my.mixtape.moe/mixdke.mp4
>>
>>16493485
help me friends
>sprayed a panel with 2k clear
>had a tonne of dust and insects in it(sprayed in my garage but didnt put up fly traps and mozzie coils)
>wet sand it with 800, 1500, then 2000. started with 800 due to this xbox huge fly right in the clear.
>tried machine buffing with a heavy cutting compound, then polish.
>I cant seem to get the shine back into the clear coat
pic is for reference, wet bits are from water to get polish residue off.
any advice? this seems common problem and there is talk of "bridging" the various grades of sandpaper and compounds.
I cant have cut through the clear. I sprayed on two very heavy coats at 29 PSI.
>>
>though I'd need a new cambelt
>turns out the car has a timing chain and doesn't need replacing

Wew lads saved 300 quid there
>>
>>16496578
honestly both are fine, i'd rather leave the seats out personally
>>
File: IMG_1368.jpg (35KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1368.jpg
35KB, 800x600px
I'm planning on flushing my coolant because its brown and shitty and gross. I told my dad this, and he says I shouldn't because in doing so I could flush out stuff that might be blocking and places where coolant could leak out. I've never had any cooling issues, other than my car taking forever to get to operation temperature.

So basically, I'm asking if what my dad has to say has any validity at all. This coolant flush is the first major thing I'll have done to my car.

Pic related is how the coolant in the reservoir looks, but its not my picture
>>
>>16497515

Did you go straight from the heavy cutting compound straight to polish? might need something intermediate first.
>>
What is wrong with my transmission /o/?
Throwout bearing?
https://youtu.be/JKA0ZYQ5nRw
>>
>>16498586
He isn't wrong but if you just drain and refill you'll be fine. Don't have a shop do a power flush, that's what fucks things up.
>>
>>16497334
Yes it's probably the rain. Happens with my parking sensers in rain or snow.
>>
>>16493485
Subi crossteck or jeep renegade for new dd?
>>
>>16498949
Crossteck obviously. Or a 4runner.

You know Jeep is the least reliable brand sold in America for 20 years running right?
>>
>>16498987
But the renegade is more fiat, and they do fine.
>>
>>16498987
>20 years
>2017-20=1997
>Right before Daimler-Benz took over
>Those designs are from Chrysler fucking with AMC designs
Fucking Chrysler.

>>16499012
>But the renegade is more fiat, and they do fine.
eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df9vQd8fSLY
>>
I thought the Z got wrecked in the film, lel.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C636583
>>
>>16499012
That explains why it looks like shit. If you insist on getting a jeep, get a damn JEEP otherwise you look like a "cool" mom.

>Fiat reliable
>>
Should I a Peugeot 206? (with one of the 2L engines obviously)
How much space is there in one? Videos and pictures are often misleading but it looks to me like they're barely larger than a Ford Ka.
I don't really have the money to buy and keep a 207 or 208.
How's reliability on them?
>>
File: 2017-01-16 18.15.51.png (2MB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-16 18.15.51.png
2MB, 1632x918px
This happened to my exhaust manifold. It was like this before purchase as I haven't fucked with it and I have only had this car for a month. Car is 19 years old, engine was replaced once. Is this something to worry about? Can I do anything about it? I guess it can't do much harm, it's just the exhaust, but I figured I'd just ask.
>>
>>16499185
The manifold is going to warp, if it hasn't already, and it'll leak exhaust there. It probably won't do anything except sound like shit but there is the chance it'll get worse to the point of eroding the head.
The only thing you can do to fix it is pull it all apart, try to get the broken stud out, replace it, and mill the manifold flat again.
>>
>>16499185
It's fixable but kind of a pain in the ass. I would probably just forget about it unless you have a turbo. I don't think anything bad can result from that other than possibly the engine being noisier when cold.
>>
>>16499304
>>16499306
Thank you very much. It's not turbocharged and it's just a 1.3L, so I'm not too worried. I know two very handy people who might want to fix it for me though. I still have to drive this car for a while.
>>
>>16498987
I would love a 4runner, but they are cost $10k more and get 20-30% less mpg.
>>
Should acid in car batteries slosh around? I pulled out my battery to clean it cause it pissed everywhere and the acid was sloshing around inside
>>
>>16499185

weld it
>>
>>16499587
Yes you can hear it when you rock a battery back and forth. It should not be "pissing everywhere" though.
>>
>>16497155
I think this is something we'd need a whole thread for. How about you go make one anon?
>>
File: 206_hood.jpg (5KB, 225x165px) Image search: [Google]
206_hood.jpg
5KB, 225x165px
>>16499127
>>
>>16498586
>flushing could knock shit loose
Possible. However if your system is so fucked that getting rusty sludge out will break it, you need to replace that shit anyway. So do a flush, nothing crazy just let it drain out, and then refill. Let it run a bit after filling, check to see if there is a leak. Let it sit over night to see if it leaks over night. If you have no leaks, you should be fine. Otherwise, start replace shit.
>>
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5959204979.html
What kind of scam is this? Why so cheap?
>>
>>16497215
a lot of factors ( maintenance, how it was treated, etc) As long as it was takin care of I would expect to hold up mostly for a while. In the mean time I would plan for the next build/motor so when this one eats it, youll be back on the road relatively quickly
>>
>>16499857
First guess is that the owner isn't the one selling it. Might be a spouse or other SO trying to sell it for a variety of reasons.

Second would be that they just don't know the value.

Third is there is something seriously wrong mechanically because they're a fucking idiot. So you'll want to do a serious check of the vehicle to make sure it's safe.

Might have also made a typo and they want $100,000 for it.

If you can afford it, go take a look and buy it if it's good anon.
>>
so i'm looking over a few guides/repair manual for doing clutch master/slave replacement. and they all say don't touch the clutch pedal when the slave is removed

so I know for a fact that someone pushed my clutch pedal in when I had the slave entirely removed. There was only pedal + master cylinder connected in the car. Did this kill my master cylinder?

I tried putting it back together and keep bleeding with different methods but the clutch pedal is like completely soft, but doesn't sit on the floor.
>>
File: 843d1a21a7c68af5cd1e53ce6fd[1].jpg (25KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
843d1a21a7c68af5cd1e53ce6fd[1].jpg
25KB, 640x426px
Anybody know if this spoiler is factory stock?
>>
How do I check pressure on an R12 line?
>>
>>16500174
Not stock
>>
>>16500207
Eh. Was considering buying that but I really don't trust cars owned by people who tack aftermarket spoilers on
>>
>>16500214
Looks like it's from a dealer. They SHOULD be serviced to certify it is safe for resale. If you can get a written guarantee about the quality of the vehicle, then go for it.
>>
>>16500229
It is, the dealership in question isn't too reputable but I'd get it inspected anyway. Still not sure how I feel about white paint/red seats but I'll check it out in person. Anyway thanks
>>
>>16500178
You'll need a pressure-checking machine for that. Most shops has one
>>
2007 BMW 3 Series AWD 328xi 4dr Sedan
$8k, 104k miles
vs

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci 2dr Convertible
$4.5k, 124k miles

It's a small dealership with good ratings over the past 10 years.

What price should I offer and which is a better price/car/performance ratio.

My self wrenching skills are ok but all i've worked on are roomy trucks.

They both get 17 cityish but do they have power for that lower fuel economy?
>>
>>16500242
Oh I'm not saying to skip inspection. Always do that. Follow the guide the sticky, it's solid advice. The written guarantee is mostly so you can take legal action if something comes up immediately after purchase (about 30 days or less usually). Talk to a lawyer if you can, it could easily save you trouble and more money.
>>
>>16500268
I know you aren't, I'm just kind of rambling. The main issue with the dealership is bait&switch/trying to get out of honoring warranties rather than cars themselves, anyway.
>>
>>16498586
mine looked like that, i took the overfill out and dumped that, then used some good dish soap and really washed that fuck out with a brush. Make sure all your soap is out
i emptied the radiator and left it open, then ran a water hose at a fairly decent flow through it so the water went through all the coolant system.
filled it with water and some of that cleaner shit they sell, ran that for a day or two of normal driving so the cleaner would do what it do best, did the water hose thing again till all the cleaner was out, then refilled with my typical 50/50 mix
I also replaced the thermostat and any hoses that started to look bad. It ran way cooler than before and the next time i did my DIY flush everything ran clear. It also saved me the $75 the garage wanted
>>
>>16500371
oh yeah and if you see metal bits, be more careful with it, i noticed after i put the cleaner in the car that it knocked more shit loose
>>
Besides being a ricer move of the highest order, is there anything wrong with replacing the gasket between my muffler and midpipe with a couple washers to create a gap for increased noise?

I don't see any downsides to trying.
>>
>>16500252
You mean the filling gear or some entire machine? I work at a dealership in the parts room but we're not equipped for R12.
>>
Bit of a problem, my mercury sable 2003/2004, can't remember, started leaking a boatload of transmission fluid. I checked the dipstick and it was literally overflowing out the top of the tube when I pulled it out, so I started it up and drove it for a minute and checked it, was at half, and now it's not leaking... I'm so confused, and I have a 6 hour drive tomorrow .. what do I do?
>>
File: images.jpg (34KB, 457x322px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
34KB, 457x322px
>>16493485
4 bolt main. 6 bolt main. Cross bolt main. What does it mean and should I care?
>>
>>16500820
thats how many bolts hold the main caps on the crankshaft. In general, the more 'bolts' (ie 2, 4, or 6) the more stout the motor. The more bolts, the more the crank resists play and vibration
>>
File: 2017-01-11 08.16.49.jpg (536KB, 1883x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-11 08.16.49.jpg
536KB, 1883x1060px
I have an engine hunting problem at idle, but only sometimes and it can happen both when the engine is cold and warm.

Now, the previous owner(s) made 3 extra holes in the air inlet pipe/snorkel (before the filterbox). The pipe runs to the front of the car to catch the coldest air possible, so the holes seem to defeat the purpose a little bit, but that's not the problem. Engine hunting can be caused by a too lean mixture, right? So is it possible that the holes are causing the mixture to be too lean? Seems not, because right after the holes the air is just restricted like normal.

Perhaps I just have to adjust the screws on the carb, if that's possible at all on a '97 japanese shitbox. I picked up a new snorkel from the junkyard to test it, but I figured I'd ask for convenience before I do so tomorrow.

Pic related is bottom of snorkel.
>>
>>16500805
Cancel the drive, call a tow and drop it at a mechanics.

Best case you somehow got air in the system.
>>
>>16500172
I'm guessing you just got air into it. You might have to bench fill your master, like as if it were new.
Also, remember a tiny bit of air will eff up your system, so you have to be very thorough.
>>
>>16500920
My first thought is to check for vacuum loss (like those holes you mentioned?). Check all other vacuum hoses and rest of intake for leaks.
>>
I am finally money and it's time for a new car but I'm not sure if I just currently hate everything out or there are too many decent options. All I know is I'm going to finish rebuilding my 1969 Fastback then need something to daily drive. Currently driving a 2007 mustang and originally was thinking of just getting another but something about the new ones just rub me the wrong way. Not sure what it is. Other then the one time I worked on a coyote motor I hated it. Maybe if I spent more time with it / knew more I'd hate it less.

looking to spend around 75k. Don't have brand loyalty. I just like cars and driving.
Considering:
Thought about getting a 2017 86 and LS swapping it.
2014+ GT-R
Like C7s enough and pretty sure I would have fun with it.
Could probably have fun with a newer 5.0 mustang as well
also
>corvette owners
>mustang owners

I don't personally know how the GT-R drives but somewhat familiar with corvettes (a c5 and a zr1) and very familiar with mustangs. I have no idea what would happen with an LS swap 86 but the car isn't that expensive and there is just something i like about it.
>>
>>16494092
Clean your intake manifold and egr valve, might fix your iacv too
Not sure about the passkey
>>
So, I'm young and poor af and can't drive due to not being insured.
For a 20 year old in Texas with a 05 Nissan Sentra, anyone have any idea how much it'd cost to get insured?
>>
File: 2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX.jpg (3MB, 4202x2667px) Image search: [Google]
2010 Honda Accord Sedan EX.jpg
3MB, 4202x2667px
Simple question:

I want to buy a car with stock parts and make it fucking sick. What kind of limitations are there for cars? For example, I own pic related currently (Not that cool though), what prevents me from putting certain modifications on it?
Obviously the engine compartment size is one, but I can't just throw any kind of engine in the thing can I? I would like to know any other kinds of limitations that come to your guys minds as well.

Also I was wondering what the best way to black out chrome accents are.
>>
>>16501240
Yeah and also what are good build cars that are flexible with the parts you put in them?
>>
>>16501221
just call or go online to insurance companies. its generally a free quote. A lot more then just age and car come into play.
>>
>>16501240
>what prevents me from putting certain modifications on it?
money.
>Also I was wondering what the best way to black out chrome accents are.
plasti dip
>>
>>16501240
Are you
>>16501098
??
I think you have autism
>>
>>16501277
Doesn't plasti dip just wear off in a month though? What if I got a matte black cast made of the accents?
>>
>>16501254
my advice would be don't invest in FWD anything other then taking care of it. Save for something RWD/AWD that would at least be fun to drive.
>>
File: Lywk7Ny.png (4KB, 351x144px) Image search: [Google]
Lywk7Ny.png
4KB, 351x144px
>>16501284
kys
>>
>>16501284
Sorry Famirino, not me.
>>
>>16501288
for badges and trim and shit if you do it correctly it will last as long/longer then vinyl.
>>
>>16501288
https://youtu.be/rDhIAoXc1sw
>>
What's a good price for a 2010 Honda Civic DX with 90k miles? 2006 Civic LX with 150k?

Are hybrids a meme?
>>
>>16501005
just inspected my clutch master cylinder (it's on pedals because bmw) no drips, but i imagine it's probably internally fucked or something.
the boot around the piston part was completely ripped and dirty. just went ahead and bought a new one online. figured since the slave is new i might as well. only other thing i guess i have to worry about is the clutch hose line from reservoir to clutch master
>>
>>16501098
Oh look, a question I can finally answer. I was just in a similar spot as you, no loyalty, like driving, not really a mechanic type but know my way around parts, like modding, and love driving and have track experience.
Anyway, right off the bat I ended up with a final batch of cars that consisted of a GT-R, an M2 and M3, a ZL1, a GT350, a 2SS and a CSGT, a Grand Sport. I thought I had settled on the new ZL1 because goddamn that car is amazing, but with the wait and price increase on the 10 speed I had to change my mind, sadly.
I drove the shit out of most of the cars on that list (except the ZL1, Grand Sport, and the GT350) on about as close as any dealership is going to let you get to a track.
I ended up realizing that I was trying to get too much out of the cars in the sense that I wanted them to be comfy and crazy, so I ended up just getting a fully loaded 2SS that I probably won't modify much, if at all, as my daily driver for now and I'll revisit the super high performance and mod car in the future.

>GT-R
Drives great in almost every sense, fun as hell. My only gripe was how it shifted in the lower gears, felt super sticky and jerky (solved by manually shifting with the paddles). Had a great price on it but I couldn't overlook the gaudy red interior that particular car had. And frankly, the GT-R is starting to feel dated. The 2017 refresh (the final one of this gen) is okay I guess, but it's not really worth it imo. You're paying top dollar for a car that's going to be dead in the water in the next 3 years. The one I drove was a 2015.
Full disclosure: GT-R has been my dream car for years, so even with that I couldn't do it. 3 years ago I would have been all over it.
Also, the NISMO package is SHIT for driving around town. So really kind of disappointed in Nissan for the horrible bridging between driveability outside a track and performance.
>>
How does a first time car buyer with no mechanical knowledge avoid getting ripped off when buying a used car? I don't know any mechanics
>>
>>16501549
>GT350
With how much dealerships are asking for it, what's coming in the future, and that I find the ZL1 to be a much better car overall.. Nope.

>Corvettes
This is one of the cars I'm considering as a mod platform, whether it's a Z06 or a Grand Sport idk. I also don't know how I feel about owning a Camaro and a Corvette. Seems almost like a waste of possible variety.
No doubt they're very modular and squeezing performance out of them is fairly easy as well as having a ton of options on how to do it.

>S550
I love the look of this car so that's where I sort of differ from Mustang purists. The 5.0 Coyote is a great engine but holy shit I'm salty that they still haven't added direct injection to it. They designed the damn thing to accept DI in the future to begin with, they just never got around to it.
As far as modifications, you can do an insane amount of things to the platform and quite easily and inexpensively. In addition to the base car being fairly inexpensive as well.
As far as performance of the base car, it's fun as hell, more so than the Camaro. However the Camaro is a better car, precisely because it's not as fun. The Camaro just goes where you point the wheel and stays planted to the ground, while the Mustang requires a lot more driver input and you feel like you may end up in a tree if you fuck up. I had some complaints about the cheapy interior and the positioning of some things like the hand brake. Big plus is the IRS they finally decided to put in.

At this very moment, as far as a project, balls to the wall car, I think I'd end up going with a 5.0 S550 and doing all kinds of shit to it so it throws down 800-900hp to the wheels. How I'd get all that power down, I'm still not sure on though. Probably literally need to put weights in the trunk...
Also not sure when I'll get around to it so things may change.
I'm very excited to see what the GT500 looks like and to see the application of that 10 speed auto.
>>
File: F2.jpg (17KB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
F2.jpg
17KB, 300x252px
Datsun 200b. Radiator is leaking from the seam up top where the cores meet the upper assembly, red line indicates rough position. It's not corroded, it just appears the seam has opened.

Can I braze this shut or is this too much heat/pressure?
>>
How reliable is the honda VTM-4 all wheel drive system?
I'm not trying to go offroading but I'll be crossing the cascades in winter multiple times and the winters can be kinda icy.
also this car, what do you think?
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5961789680.html
>>
>>16501646
find someone who does. preferably someone who isnt easily distracted. if you dont know anyone personally but know a mechanic pretty well, see if he'll help you out for $20 and lunch
>>16501784
never personally done it, but i think some high quality epoxy may be able to handle it. at least until you can replace it.
>>
>>16501029
Will do, thanks.
>>
>>16501098
get an orange manual 2017 chevy ss and put a whipple on it
ez 600+hp in a rare, fun, new car
>>
>>16501263
Alright, I was mostly asking since I've got no history or anything to go off of, I'm just curious as to what others payed when new
>>
>>16497857
thanks anon, today was my last dry day for a week so i did the former and it seemed to work out well, the sun mostly dried them out
>>
>>16503523
glad to hear it worked out.
>>
>>16501784
you could probably get away with brazing it
>no more than 30 psi, no more than 300 degrees f
and that's with some added safety margin
>>16501905
is also right, you could get away with JB welding it
>even the fast set kind that isn't as strong will work
>>
>>16503684
>is also right, you could get away with JB welding it
while i was researching whether or not epoxy would work for Anon i found that JB weld has some issues keeping the two pieces together due to the aluminum on plastic? Not sure how true this is.
>>
Who here works at a dealership? I don't have any formal automotive training but I'm not a complete dumbass when it comes to cars. I've learned quite a bit working on my own cars, mainly my Miata and Prelude. I want to work at a dealership, mainly my local BMW dealership. Do dealerships take in people with no formal training? A relative works at a Nissan dealership and said he would prefer to have a newbie without training so he could train them the way they work but I kinda doubt it's like that everywhere.
>>
>>16503800
most dealerships around here want experience either in a 'professional' garage or with schooling. Start out detailing for a dealership and work your way into the actual mechanical areas. Easier to move positions once you've been with the company a little while anyway.
>>
>>16503793
I've never heard of this, but if the surfaces haven't been prepared by cleaning thoroughly and then sanding then this is definitely possible
however
>brazing
i don't think the materials anon is joining together are plastic
>>
>>16503826
one is aluminum and one is plastic. I'm no expert on this by far, its just stuff i found via google
>>
>>16498660
yeah it was the reddish gritty one to a polish and then a glass rejuvinator(very fine polish)
i was out of light compound that ive used to buff out faded surfaces
>>
>>16503800
your friend was right. They want to start you off as "shop hand, porter" whatever they call it at that dealership. THen you would be promoted to like a lube or small technician, then usualy apprentice or follow a master tech...

If you have experience you can apply to directly be a tech, if you start off they will work you up and generally pay you less.
>>
>>16499127
I have the 2L gti 138 model.
pretty spacious for driver and front passenger, rear three seats are small as hell.
the boot is very spacious and can fit a lot of stuff.
fuck a 207 id go for a 206 or 208.
mines been fairly reliable. just usual consumables like belts, pads, discs and various suspension bits as it gets old/thrashed. I did upgrade/replace my fuel pump as i broke the seal under the locking ring from overfilling the tank.

pretty zippy car. from what ive read the 180hp version of the 2L is essentially a tuned base 138hp 2L gti. I did see talk of forged pistons but im not sure. heaps of cosmetic upgrades like different seats, the 180 is a true bucket however i feel that the base 138 interior has better dash and seats (dash in 138 is black vs white in the 180)
180 also has a spoiler and stock twin tip exhaust.
>>
>>16498660
wew lad
took my time with an orbital sander with a sponge waffle with heavy compount on 1-2/8 speed.
I was able to get a lot of the gloss back to it, it's still dull but i've ordered a light compound that i used with success before.
I'll do the same with that compound, a polish then swirl/scratch remover.
>>
what would the cutoff mileage for a 2003 Nissan Maxima be?
as in, what's the highest mileage where you'd still buy one
>>
Hey guys I have a 93 Toyota Corolla that I'm going to sell and I wanna know how much I should sell it for. Here are the thing wrong with the car
>exhaust leak
>needs an alignment
>fuel gauge likes to jump around
>the back got its shit pushed in
>>
>>16506913
Is there anything special about it?
Really low miles?
Really nice interior?

If not, $500.
That's like, the minimum for a running, driving car. Which, with body damage, is what you're gonna get for it.

Put it up on Craigslist for $650 and let the buyer jew you down a bit. They'll be happy and you'll get what it's worth.
>>
The other day I got a nail in the sidewall of one of my tires. I just replaced the one tire with another cheap walmart tire. Should I replace the other rear tire or should I just get 4 new not cheap tires for the whole car?
>>
File: IMG_6482.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6482.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16493485
Is a timing belt replacement something I can take to a regular mechanic or do I have to schedule it with Toyota?
>>
>>16507842
Pretty sure any regular mechanic will do it
>>
>>16493485

CAN I USE THE INTERIORS FROM AN AUDI A3 (90'S ONE) ON A GOLF MK3 , BY INTERIOR I MEAN: SEATS, DASHBOARD, CONSOLE, EVERYTHING I CAN EXCLUDING OFC DOORS AND SUCH

IS IT POSSIBLE?
>>
>>16507829
depends on the car. if it's just a shitbox then no, if it's something that needs grippy, y rated tires to not wrap itself around a pole or slam into a freeway sidewall, yea new tires would be good.
>>
Just washed and waxed my car like 2 days ago and I was driving it when it was raining last night. Pulled into the garage wet and dirty on the sides and back from kicked up dirt/mud.

I don't really mind it being dirty, but I don't want grime to eat through the wax and onto the clear coat or form spots and stains I won't be able to get out easily if they're allowed to sit on the car.
Is it fine to leave it? Should I hose it down ASAP? Should I completely rewash it?
>>
File: IMG_0893.jpg (192KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0893.jpg
192KB, 1200x900px
What could cause a car to stall out for a second or so before starting again mid turn? Like, it only happens in the middle of a sharp-ish turn, at less than 20 MPH. Anything faster and it SEEMS to be fine. I though it may have been a belt slipping or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case, as I changed all the belts today, and it still does it.
>>
>>16507878
>>16507842
every mechanic i know does it, excluding jiffy lube and such. However most of them want $600+ around here.
>>
>>16506913
list for $900. see what offers you get, take the highest, if you get no offers drop to $800 in a few days or a week
>>
Is Duralast an alright brand for a jack and jack stands? Or are they going to fail and kill me?
>>
>>16508962
they're not bad, but not great, I think you'd be better off with something better. But if you buy stands rated higher than your car, then that'll help to
>>
redpill me on the Lexus RC-F
>>
>>16505889
A better question is how cheap are you willing to sell it for
I'd buy a million mile car if the price was right
>>
File: aygwne7[2].jpg (606KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
aygwne7[2].jpg
606KB, 3840x2160px
My cars tachometer is acting odd.

At highway speeds, if i let off the gas the needle stays there for about a second, then corrects itself.

What could it be? I haven't noticed any misfires.

I think at times it will feel like it loses an extremely slight bit of power then picks up at lower speeds. I may just be crazy though.
>>
>>16500563
Its the same machine they use for filling

Can you even get R12 anymore where you are?
>>
>>16509750
You can in the states, it's expensive as fuck-all though
>>
Maybe one of you can help me. I need a reliable vehicle for courier work but I want something a bit nicer than a van (something I'll still want to drive if I quit this job)

My primary requirement is reliability (I have no days off), but I also want something spacious, reasonably fuel efficient, and affordable (sub ~16k). Speed isn't really a factor. AWD is a huge plus. I don't know how to drive stick.

I keep finding "the one" but then read about it's terrible flaws, then move onto the next one. Cost is a factor too. It may just be my area (Boise) but everything with low mileage seems way overpriced.

If I can't find a cheap used reliable vehicle I'll probably just bite the bullet and buy a new HR-V, I've been eyeing them for a while. It'll be a shame to put so many miles on a new car though. Save me /o/! (I read the sticky btw but there's no way I'll find any of those cars with low mileage)
>>
>>16509803
You could probably find a used Q3 Quattro for around that money. Not huge hatch space but if you fold down the back seats you'll be alright.
>>
>>16509803
An FJ Cruiser sounds perfect, too bad prices on them skyrocketed after Toyota discontinued them in 2014. Doubt you'd get a good price for one even with a bunch of miles.
Maybe look into a 4Runner or Tacoma?
>>
File: IMG_0380.jpg (694KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0380.jpg
694KB, 2560x1440px
Sup /o/

First time poster on this board so sorry if this stuff gets asked a lot

I just got my first car after I totaled the one my parents gave me, and I want to treat her right.

First things first: the car I bought is a red 2006 Chevy Cobalt. I didn't even know about the sticky on this board when the offer came up, but I'm glad I didn't buy a clunker. The guy who was driving it was an older gentleman who took exceptional care of it. 54,000 miles on the car, had the oil changed every 2000 miles (he kept every oil change receipt) and the whole 9 yards.

Some questions now-
>What's the best way to keep up with my car's maintenance?
>What resources can I use to gauge my car's performance and such? I.e., websites that I can use to tell me what I might want to change and when I should change it
>What is the best thing I can do to extend the life of my car?
>Could I change the stereo/radio myself or would I need a professional?
>Where can I go to get more information for maintenance and repair, other than a repair manual (if needed)?

For some minor questions-
>What should I use to clean my car? Special car soap or will Dawn work alright?
>Which wax should I use to keep it lookin good?

Pic related, me driving it off after stroking the check!
>>
>>16510738
Sorry forgot, one more question

>How do I remove those little stickers the last owner put on the bumper and such without damaging the car?
>>
File: 125ccVader_a.jpg (129KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
125ccVader_a.jpg
129KB, 473x480px
Honda grom knock off looks pretty good for 1450$

Inb4 chink shit bike
No money for anything better and beginner rider

Any problems with it other then might be trash after 5 months
>http://www.saferwholesale.com/125cc-Vader-Motorcycle-Moped-Scooter-w-Manual-Tra-p/bdt-125ccvader.htm
>>
What are some tactics to get a lower price on a used car at a dealership? What are the successful negotiating tactics? I really want a car I'm looking at but would like 1000$-1500$ off the price.
>>
File: image.png (454KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
454KB, 414x499px
>>16506974
The only "special" thing about it is a manual transmission kek but that seems like a fair price thanks
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 330x269px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 330x269px
>>16508333
I tried that already and I only got one person that came and looked at it and this is how it pretty much went.
>faggot show up to look at car in a t boned Honda Accord
>I watched him get out the passenger side kek
>he starts looking inside
>asks me if I could pop the hood
>he touches the engine to see if it's warm and then asks me to start the car
>he starts revving the engine for 5 minutes
>twists the radiator cap off
>hot coolent gushes out and lands on his hand
>"neuuuuhhhesssssahhh!" He started to wave his hand in pain
>I turn around to my girlfriend so he doesn't see me trying really hard not to laugh
>he then asks me what kind of car it was
>I tell him it was a 1993 Toyota Corolla just like the add said
>"oh I thought it was a Honda"
>drives away in his beat to shit car
>30 minutes go by me and my girlfriend are hungry
>we go to caca jr.'s in a shopping center
>we see the faggot poring water on his hand where the coolent landed in a parking spot near caca Jr.'s
>text him that we past by him and if he needs help
>he reponds with "ok dude you're really creeping me out stop fucking texting me"
>I replied with "have fun with your burnt hand"
>>
File: 61yiBTk9HSL._SL1500_.jpg (79KB, 627x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61yiBTk9HSL._SL1500_.jpg
79KB, 627x1500px
Is this a meme or does it work?
>>
>>16511784
It literally says water wetter. It's garbage.
>>
>>16511847
Water memer?
>>
>2005 pontiac g6
My rear tires are developing some negative camber. Lots of clunking over small bumps too.
It's pretty old and I recently had to replace the front control arms and ball joints. I thought it would be the same issue in the rear but the suspension looks different.
Can anyone explain what to look for to replace?
>>
>>16511784
>run 20°cooler!
Not if you have a thermostat tho.
>>
I have no choice but to go all in now because these are the only handles I could find to replace mine, but :

My 84 supra HAD power locks, the handles I found to replace mine are NOT POWER LOCKS, to me, that says obviously, I don't have power locks any more. That's fine, I'll keep on the lookout for another good pair.

But in the meantime I can just get away with dumb locks, right? I just taped the connector inside the panel. I haven't put it all together just yet.
>>
>>16511289
above all else, don't be rude.
If you can, get a couple quotes from local lots to bring with you showing you know your stuff and that you know where other options are
act like you hate it, find details you don't like (wrong color is a good one) to complain about, don't be afraid to walk away at the slightest hint of unhelpfulness
example:
>it's autotragic and i wanted maual, i want it for $1.5k less
>sorry sir but the automatic is our biggest seller in this model and i can't go any lower
>well thanks for your time I'm going somewhere that has a manual
>w-wait, sir i think we can work something out
Protip: you may get better deals at the end of the month due to sales bonus timeframes ending
>>
File: 00a0a_8hvISRVebQJ_1200x900.jpg (89KB, 1200x452px) Image search: [Google]
00a0a_8hvISRVebQJ_1200x900.jpg
89KB, 1200x452px
I'd like a V8 manual rwd car. I don't have much money and I'm probably going to look like a tool regardless of what car I buy.

Should I just buy a mustang?
>>
>>16512740
That year of ford mustang is your best bet unless you don't mind driving a under powered Lexus LS400
>>
>>16499900
Thanks, it has been taken pretty good care of. Previous owner had receipts of everything thing done (oil changes/etc). I'm still trying to plan the suspension upgrades right now since the old bushings are pretty worn.
>>
>>16512788
Did they make LS400s with a manual trans?
>>
>>16512813
No sadly
>>
2000 Pontiac Bonneville

>Battery died, replaced battery
>Few days later I noticed the power door locks didn't work from either the key fob or the switches inside
>gas cap still locks
>not a fuse

any ideas?
>>
>>16512788
>Ls400
>manual

The fuck?
>>
>>16512848
Reprogram key fob. It involves putting it in learning mode by cycling the ignition and some other shit. I can't remember it all but you should be able to google it.
>>
>>16510738
>>16510742
Bump for response
>>
>>16512852
why would that stop the door lock switches inside the car from locking the doors if it's just a key fob problem?
>>
>>16509540
Heavy enough that it should be AWD

Yes it's fast. Prepare for the most intensive maintenance schedule of any Lexus short of the fucking LFA.

Hope you can afford brakes, tires, and rotors every 15k.

Other than that fucking love em. If you don't mind automatic.
>>
>>16512851
You can make it into a manual by using the turbo mk3 supra transmission all you need is adapter kits and you're done
>>
File: IMAG0149.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0149.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
Busted the bracket that takes the screw from my courtesy light, how the fuck do you fix this?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (221KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
221KB, 1200x1200px
If this fits in a Foxbody it should fit in a Tempo right? I understand it will look tacky but my current driver seat is all fucked up, leans to the side and shit
>>
Is it safe to put my lancer back on the ground with the drive axles removed and everything bolted back up?
>>
On cars that have fuel sensors to tell you how much range you have left, do they become useless if you do something like run E85 or install a larger/smaller gas tank?

>>16513129
basically resin to combine the pieces back together or to give the screw some new material to screw into. Could also epoxy a similar material backing behind the pieces.
i'm just guessing here btw.
>>
I just got a job that involves a decently long highway commute, and I don't want to drive me rickety old truck there every day. So I'm looking for a comfy rush hour machine to get me through while I save up for a newer truck.

I'm curious what the most comfortable cars under five grand I should be looking at. My first thought was an old Benz but I don't have the time or money to handle the potential work it could need.

I drove my friends Chrysler Town and Country van a little bit, and it seems like it might just be the comfymobile I need. I'm looking for other suggestions still though, for something that might meet my needs. Any ideas?
>>
>>16513593
Grand Marquis, or similar boomer mobile from the early nineties, or you could go land barge status from the malaise era.
>>
>>16513129
Get a speed nut and or washer to bridge the gap.
>>
>>16513588
Not sure if E85 would make that much of a difference but yes running a smaller or larger tank would affect the calculation.
>>
>>16513659
is there not a way to change the tank size in the computer?
It's all still ideas right now but I'm thinking about a build that uses an E85 mix and I was thinking adding a tank for E85 to do the mixture in the trunk and to add weight above the back tires to reduce spin.
Obviously range calculations aren't super important but between having them and not having them if it's an easy fix...
>>
>>16513638
Can't believe I didn't look at the Grand Marquis, plenty of good ones in my area right in my price range. Thanks anon.
>>
>>16513724
Depends on the ECU, but odds are no it's not as simple as changing it in the computer, if it even can be changed
>>
>>16513877
I see, thanks famalam
>>
I want to weld up a basher-bar/bumper for my car but I cant find anything on what type of metal to use. Can I get a recommendation?
>>
>>16514017
Bronze.
>>
Let's say that I'm trying to do a trip of 6 hours in a car, what would be the best speed to get to my destination as fast as possible? As fast as possible? Bit slower so I don't have to stop for fuel as often?
>>
>>16514118
>>
>>16493485
When you go to a pick-n-pull, is it expected for you to have all the tools you need? Can you borrow stuff or leave and come back if you need other shit?

What's your essential P-N-P toolkit?
>>
I'll start this off with saying I'm not a car guy, I'm sure you get that a lot.
Didn't check my oil for 5k miles, took it in for an oil change, oil light had been flashing for a couple weeks and solid for a few days.
Took it to a local place, they said I had about a cup of oil left and called my a dumbass (paraphrasing here).
Got a full oil change including 1 "Full service oil change", looking at the receipt now they failed to bring up the "MAJOR OIL LEAK" to me.
Few days later and now my oil light comes on (~120 miles driven total) after I hit a pothole at at moderate speed (~20mph) this morning, it was enough to turn off my music :(.
Step-dad wants me to go yell at them. What does /o/ think I should do?
>>
File: 1472058570115.jpg (81KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472058570115.jpg
81KB, 720x720px
>>16513641
>describe your masturbatory routine in 2 words
>speed nut
>>
>>16514118
Depends on the road, the terrain, the price of gas, the leniency of the local law enforcement, how well you can drive, and the MPG requirements of the vehicle.
>>
>>16514118
Probably about 95.
That's about my average when I do Houston to Dallas (~250 miles, 3.5 hours normally) and I get there in a little over 2.5 hours with no stops for fuel along the way.
My car (V8 sedan) starts hitting bad wind resistance at about 105-110 so a 95mph average feels about right from a fuel economy vs speed compromise.
That should turn a 6 hour drive into 4.5 hours with a gas and bathroom/food break in between.
My rule of thumb is to try to shave 15-20 minutes for every hour I should have driven, 6hrs -> 4.5hrs is in line with that.
>>
>>16514220
The road is mostly smooth tarmac, and almost all of it is straights with a few elevation changes here and there. The price of the gas is of no importance, as I will always have enough money with me. The authorities do absolutely nothing around here. I can drive perfectly well at 120mph on a straight. Don't know about the MPG requirements, but most cars around here are about economy.
>>
>>16514312
Thank you, man.
>>
Any recomendations for a decent jack for a midsize truck? mine has a little compartment for 1 but I don't think a bottle jack can get up high enough.
>>
is it generally looked down upon to have cars repainted

or is it okay as long as it's not a shitty paint job
>>
how do I decide for a mazda6?

V6 or a turbocharged 4 cylinder (mazdaspeed6)

it'll be my first car, wouldn't mind something I can go full /o/ on and keep it for a long time instead of being a first car beater.

That said, going for a V6 Mazda6 is much easier since there's a lot more options out there.
>>
>>16510738
>What's the best way to keep up with my car's maintenance?
It should say in the owners manual or the repair manual how often you should do maintenance. If the previous owner left any maintenance history then id go off of that but if not then you should just start writing down when what got fixed and how many miles the car had or something similar.

>What is the best thing I can do to extend the life of my car?
Drive like an old woman

>Could I change the stereo/radio myself or would I need a professional?
I'm not sure about this since I don't use a radio but apparently some radios have some security code that you would need to use it so I would do some research on that

>Where can I go to get more information for maintenance and repair, other than a repair manual (if needed)?
Google. If theres a specific forum for your car I'd use that
>>
>>16514195
not sure about pick n pull but i hear its exactly like my local pull a part
they provide wheelbarrows for you to carry heavy stuff but no tools. If you leave and someone else needs the same part you do, you cant stop them from buying it so its best to know what parts you need, figure out the tools, and bring those tools.
I have a socket set, some sheet metal cutters, a pry bar, trim removal set, hammer, screw drivers, and a few random things i toss in the box.
>>
>>16514428
this is a serious question, i hate purple and i just want to have my car repainted red
>>
After replacing all four tires on a car, do I need to get it balanced/aligned after a couple thousand miles? The car doesn't pull at all.
>>
>>16514599
Resale value can be affected yes, if its not a complete body repaint.
>>
>>16514711
If you keep a proper check on them they shouldn't need anything for another 5-10k miles, thats when they'll probably need to be rotated.
>>
how gay would it be to try to make a tercel not look like shit
>>
>>16514783
Gay enough that you're wasting money on making a tercel not look like shit when you could be saving for a bike, or another car that won't make you look gay.
>>
>>16514332
You mean a jack to do work with, or for emergencies?
>>
>>16514215
Don't take this the wrong way but:

You're an idiot, and yes you have a leak, or worse, and no they probably don't want your business since you are such an idiot and quick to blame them for your lack of common sense.

Check the dipstick, if its low add oil, to the fill line and then find a repair shop and not a quick lube, have them look it over, If its not low then you may have a faulty oil pressure sensor, which will still probably need to be fixed.

For future reference, if the oil light is on, then you need to immediately check the level of your oil, or you will risk seizing an engine.
>>
>>16514848
I know I'm an idiot, I'm not even really blaming them for it besides not mentioning the "major" leak and just tagging it on the receipt. Also the dipstick is dry, forgot to mention that. I'll take it to a shop in the morning, however that's a good 20 miles away and I don't exactly have any spare oil lying around.
>>
>>16514788
so i shouldn't buy wings west bumper kits and i should just drive my shitbox around until i can afford a better car
>>
>>16514546
I have all those tools and think I know what I need for what I want. Thanks for the suggestions.

p.s. looking for shift linkage, et al for auto to manual swap. Going to just see how it goes if I can get everything I need on Friday.
>>
>>16515141
look up "how to remove" whatever part you need for your car, generally whatever you find will help you see exactly what tools you need. I just bring more than i need because sometimes I find something I like, or if theres an uncommon car on the lot I go grab its badge cause i'm a nigger
>>
Does anyone have the recommended tools picture?
>>
File: DSCN0615.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0615.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
I'm looking to swap an M56 manual 5-speed into my 2000 (1st gen) Volvo V70 FWD non-turbo. I've been searching on the interwebs for someone that has a guide for it. I have found ones for the 850 and for the 2nd gen V70, but none for the 1st gen.

I imagine that it would be a very similar process to either of those, but does anyone have experience with these? General manual swap advice? Any knowledge on what I will have to do with the ECU?
>>
I have $10k for a car, what's something in that range that will last and is fairly comfortable?
New England
>>
File: tfw.png (18KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
18KB, 450x450px
I've got bad news, /o/, and was wondering if you could help.

Recently I found out my NB Miata's front frame rails have been rusting out, while everything else is pristine.
That means basically removing the entire front end and either saw off the rails and welding new ones on, or sanding them down, patching them, and coating them in a rust inhibitor if it's not too bad.

All included it's going to run me about 3 grand or so. I've resigned to the fact that I have to have this done, I just don't know where.

Dealership shops won't touch anything with rust in my area, and I've never had to deal with body shops or anything of the sort. Where do I go to get an estimate or find someone competent enough at welding/structure work to be able to do this?
>>
>>16514802
a jack for emergencies, it will go inside the truck so Im open to having one for working on it to, if I can get both in 1 ill be happy.
>>
is $8.6k a decent price for a 2012 Fusion with 62 miles on it?
>>
>>16517560
should add, it's the 2.5L i4 FWD version
>>
I had to find salvage handles for my car. Car came with power locks, handles aren't cut for that. Deleted power locks.

My question is: how would a manual to power conversion kit with in this instance? I'd like to have a key fob, and if it restores my power locks then cool.
>>
What JDM cars share parts with their US counterparts
>>
>>>>16517768

pls halp me
>>
What could be the cause of squealing/screeching when turning and occasionally when going straight, and the steering wheel frequently jerking to the side? Also the steering wheel is crooked when the car is going straight.
I'm guess its power steering related but could it possible be something else? The alignment is obviously bad but could that also cause the other issues or is it definitely power steering related?

About how much can something like that cost to get fixed and how long can I expect my car to be in the shop?
>>
Whats the best thing to do with a car that's no longer worth the cost to repair? I have a '02 ford taurus with coolant/ac system problems. I was quoted a minimum $900 in repairs to bypass the AC and have no cooling or $1500 to fix the AC as well. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (21KB, 323x298px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
21KB, 323x298px
Can any of you guys identify this car? It was involved in a hit and run. It hit a 3 year old boy, breaking his ankle. If you're able to see that registration as well that would be great. All I know is that it starts in KF55.

Thanks
>>
Are there any car meets in Missouri? I want to go to a meet with people other than stereotypical car show boomers but that's all I've ever seen or been to here
>>
>>16518122
Lexus RX
>>
Which of the following vehicles would be more suitable for daily driving, and also the least gay?
>2nd gen Ford Explorer
>2nd gen Nissan Pathfinder
>1st gen Nissan X-Terra
>something on the GM360 platform
>XJ Cherokee
>1st gen Jeep Liberty
>1st or 2nd gen Grand Cherokee
>1st gen Saturn Vue
>2nd gen Suzuki Vitara/Chevy Tracker/Grand Vitara
>1st gen CR-V
>1st gen Rav4
>>
>>16518443
XJ
>>
>>16518443
Oh also forgot to add
>1st gen Ford Escape
>J100 Land Cruiser
>any 4Runner
>also 2nd gen Xterra
>Izusu Amigo / Rodeo Sport
>Mitsubishi Montero/ Sport
>>
>>16518443
post 1995 4runner or a post 1990 XJ with the HO OHV
>>
>>16517999
Depends on how long you can go without a car. If you can wait around, part it out and make decent money, otherwise sell it as a project car on Craigslist. In the latter case expect only like 60% of the value of your car - repairs.
If you don't think you can make enough money selling it to buy a new car and don't have other means to get a new one, just wait it out and suck it up.
>>
>>16518454
>>16518540
I understand the XJ recommendation but why the 4Runner as well? I know they're both reputed to be nigh indestructible, but aren't they both shittier on gas than SUVs like the Pathfinder and Liberty?
>>
i've come across a mobility scooter, but it's painfully slow. could i potentially increase the speed through swapping out the two 12v's with two 24v's just like that or would i have to change the motor controller to one that could handle the doubled volts?
>>
File: 1383225413245.jpg (144KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1383225413245.jpg
144KB, 500x377px
>>16516891
Please respond.
>>
>>16518566
Tee bee ehch, I have had 4 cherokees, one which got 30 mpg (I'm serious), one that got 20, which was my '93 sport, and my current '93 country which gets like 16 on a good day. The post '95 4runner gets better mileage and is a superior vehicle, with almos tthe same level of reliability and even more power than the XJ, HOWEVER, they're ridiculously expensive
>>
File: 1473878400197.jpg (81KB, 682x466px) Image search: [Google]
1473878400197.jpg
81KB, 682x466px
What do I do if I want an appraisal-type service done to a partially finished motorcycle I have and a vintage car?
The motorcycle is a yamaha rz350 and it has a lot done but still needs work. The car is a 1966 pontiac tempest and it runs but I havent ran it in a while and dont know everything thats possibly wrong with it.

Who do I call?
>>
Are there any issues with using gas over a year old if it's been stored in a gas can (not in a tank) and is clear?
>>
>>16493485
A mate of mine is looking at buying an 2003 Audi S5 with roughly 130000kms on it for around $20,000AUD. He's asked for my advice and I warned against Audis in general but I'm no expert, any one here got any advice? The good and bad, I want honest opinions. The car is in great condition I'll grant that.
>>
Does it matter what firing order the pistons are in when you change a head gasket?
>>
Which of the following is easiest to attract good women in: a sedan, coupe, or crossover SUV?
>>
>>16494858
It's generally only a good option for the very short term. If you can put a hefty down payment on something nice and reduce the repayments to roughly the same as the lease payments then do it that way so you can sell it if you want to recoup your losses.
>>
>>16518730
The fuck? My family had a Gen 2 Explorer when I was younger that pulled maybe 14 to the gallon on a good day, so I expected the 4Runner to have crap economy as well. XJ is unibody so your 20-30 MPGs add up though
>>
>>16518917
Correction, it's an S4 (B6). Not an S5. My bad, I don't /o/ much.
>>
>>16518730
>ridiculously expensive
Holy fuck you weren't kidding, I was put off by Corolla prices a few years ago when I was shopping but that's not even close to what a glance at CL tells me about 4runners.
>14+ year old cars with 180k+ miles for $5000
I see similar things with Cherokees around me.
>>
>>16515963
did a manual swap on older car. just go ahead and order slave, master, clutch kit, hoses and pretty much anything you think you might want to replace. I learned the hard way and had to ship multiple things rather than buy all in one.

as for the ECU I didn't really have to deal with it. One solution would be figure out the trans signal to back up light switch. Then you'd have reverse lights. Next up would be how to start it. Most autos have a neutral safety switch/inhibitor. you'd basically have to trick it into thinking it's in P/N all the time
>>
File: 1435266899710.gif (2MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
1435266899710.gif
2MB, 576x324px
>have 1981 honda cm400
>trying my ass off to get the thing to idle
>starts up super easy if i crack the throttle just a hair
>dies as soon as i take it out
took your guys advice and found out the factory settings for the mixture screw but it still does the same thing.
can there be something else wrong?
>>
I'm writing a short story bullshit for a driver's ed / police training thing for some extra cash and I need /o/'s input.

The guy we're writing about is driving a sedan/coupe car that he's turned into a drug smuggling sleeper that's designed to out-run the police while not drawing undue attention on highways.

I need some opinions on what base car would be a good choice. I've got a few ideas in mind, including a Miata, a Civic, and a Eclipse. Basically, one of those cars that your brain doesn't really register when walking down the road.

I'd like your input on what a decent sleeper would be that blends in but still has enough room under the hood to add a V6/8 and / or a turbo/supercharger.
>>
>>16519628
Nissan Maxima 3.5 with nitrous
>>
>>16519654
Hmm, hadn't considered No2.
Question about that: Assuming you're planning on keeping the tank itself concealed from an external inspection, how many uses would a tank hold? Or hell, if you got a decent No2 for Dummies I could read that'd be awesome.
>>
File: Chevy-Impala-.jpg (211KB, 960x408px) Image search: [Google]
Chevy-Impala-.jpg
211KB, 960x408px
>>16519628
>>
>>16520079
Ooooh, that's a good one! For whatever reason I didn't think of the Impala even though it's got a fantastic stock engine! Thank you very much!
>>
File: $_27.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
How big of a red flag is this?

Is it entirely possible that this is the only rusted part of the car? Is it fixable?
>>
Clutch-in at stoplights and hold it, or shift into neutral and release? What's worse, the throwout bearing wear of pressing the clutch once and holding it, or the clutch pad wear of repeated uses?
>>
>>16519628
Something like the Lexus LS400, strip out extra weight and upgrade the v8 a bit then you might have a sleeper contender.

For a smuggler sleeper with a moonshine build I would suggest a SN95 or New Edge Mustang. Debadged and a bumper that doesn't say mustang, they look like any boring coupe/sedan of the late 90's. Low weight, extreme number of modification options, so many shitty v6 middle age woman driven rustangs that cops wouldn't look sideways.
>>
>>16521327
>termi with v6 bumpers
haraam but just... would make the best sleeper
>>
>>16520933
Shift into neutral
Clutch wear of coming away from a stop is an essential part of driving stick, holding in the clutch for minutes is not.
>>
I've been looking at used cars and using the stickied chart as a reference, but I've been wondering about the differences among the engines.

I've heard from people I know that the 3.8L engine found in GM cars like the Impala is one of the best/most reliable motors they've made (in more recent times, at least). I don't really know if this is true, but I'd like to get an idea of how the compare. I don't know any actual names of the engines, but everybody I've talked to refers to the engine with this measurement so I guess I'll just use those until I get corrected or something.

3.4L, 3.5L, 3.6L, and 2.4L are among the various engines I've seen. I know this measurement has to do with displacement, but can I get a really basic rundown of what the differences are outside of this?
>>
Should I get a mid 2000s Civic with ~100k miles for $6k, or an early 2010s Ford Focus with ~60-70k miles for same price?
>>
I don't understand shit about cars and I have no mechanic friends.

Given this situation, should I still try to buy an used car? Or is it out of my league?
>>
>>16522809
buy a haynes manual and teach yourself, also you can always get the car inspected at a mechanic if somethings wrong, they'll give you an estimate to fix it, then you can turn around and learn yourself how to fix it
>>
In an automatic car, when you are going downhill, what is best:

>In drive breaking with the break pedal?
or
>Putting the engine in 1 or 2?
>>
What are the top 3 cars to look at for a real shit box to use as daily driving on ~20 miles a day
>>
>>16523016
Use the damn brakes. You'll cook your tranny fluid trying to do that
>>
>>16523022
What are 1 and 2 best uses then?
>>
>>16523018
Just get a used Civic. Little shits run forever. Find one that wasn't owned by a high schooler.
>>
File: IMG_6486.jpg (572KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6486.jpg
572KB, 3264x2448px
>>16518651
no one responded because no one has ever done this
you could buy a new miata for that price
or rent a shop for a month and buy a welder to DIY

>>16520361
inspect the rest of the vehicle to be sure, but they probably had one of those bug guards mounted on the hood lip and they never took it off to clean it

>>16521928
all GM products are shit
that being said, getting the 3.8 is the best choice regardless of engine reliability;
with more displacement comes more power
>no replacement for displacement

>>16521963
the focus, gud vehicle and no rice tax
>>
File: iambecomeslipperyloserofgrips.jpg (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
iambecomeslipperyloserofgrips.jpg
128KB, 640x480px
>>16516999
>$50 range
you can't beat a craftsman or parts store trolley jack, sometimes they come bundled with stands for a little more ($60-70) and are usually rated for 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 tons; least weight (~30-40 lbs)
>$100 range
Alcan, 3 ton rated, semi-aluminum, get them from costco for lifetime returns; 66 lbs
>$200 range
Daytona from Horror Freight, weighs a fuckton but is vshop quality for shadetree price; weight: 104 lbs
/shill
>>
File: PART_1483464652151.jpg (70KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
PART_1483464652151.jpg
70KB, 480x640px
>>16493485
About how fucked is this? I am currently not near the vehicle but the wheel is no longer centred in the well but besides that car starts ect. I don't have colission because it's one of my extra cars. Is it worth fixing if there is frame damage?
>>
>>16523395
That car is assfucked man. If it was something nicer it might be worth fixing, but it's not worth it
>>
>>16519511
rebuild carb

>>16523395
>how fucked?
very
passenger fender, control arm, cv axle, strut, sway bar, and a new wheel or wheel refurb at least.
>cv axle and strut should be replaced as a set
very likely more things mechanically
as well as appearance, like a respray for the bumper and dent work on the passengers door
>>
>>16523405
>>16523430
Ok thanks. Local junk yard has a pull all you can as long as you can walk out with it for 60 bucks this weekend. I need a new project so I mine as well give it a shot. Control arm and strut wishbone are definitely fucked
>>
How well does bedliner in a can work?

I wanna take the carpet out of my shitbox and replace it with bedliner
>>
AC power inverters are so damn convenient for obvious reasons. With the efficiency of modern VVTI and diesel engines, I'm genuinely curious how long one could run their car as a portable generator at idle on a full tank of gas.

>inb4 y tho.jpg
>inb4 real men don't bring electronics innawoods
>inb4 buy a portable generator
Disregard the practicality compared to a single-cylinder portable generator built specifically for this function (that would otherwise be far more efficient than a 4 cylinder and wouldn't run the risk of putting an excessive amount of unnecessary wear on your engine).
>>
>>16523016
Use 3 or 2, you'll cook your damn brakes doing that
>>
>>16523022
>>16525385
so, whick one is the less worse?
>>
File: ree.jpg (71KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
71KB, 1200x500px
Hey /o/, I just got myself a used car stereo detachable headunit from goodwill. It doesn't come with the main unit, so I was wondering if it can be repurposed as standalone unit or something.

its a sony CDX-GT570UP.

Pics related, just this front part is what I got. Its got usb/SD cardslot/aux plus it was cheap, $5.
>>
A car alarm in my used truck is now going off and will not start all. No lights no nothing. I disconnected/reconnected the battery and finally got it home but at home it's not helping.

I.was fucking with the fob today and now it's doing this shit.
>>
>>16523430
>rebuild carb
i literally just did
>>
File: 1482636791230.jpg (71KB, 574x863px) Image search: [Google]
1482636791230.jpg
71KB, 574x863px
When I floor it the rpms go up but the car freaks out and goes fast-slow-fast-slow until I let off the gas. Any ideas? The transmission fluid looks a little dark but that's all I can tell's wrong. Car is an automatic Corolla
>>
My girlfriend drives a Nissan Juke with the CVT and when she's stopped her car's idle kinda bounces around between 900 and 1100RPM, is this normal? It'll dip down and then just sorta rev itself back to 1100. I've never been in a car that's done this and my truck just idles steadily so I'm confused if this is just something that car does, or that CVTs do, or that modern cars do or what.
>>
>>16526825
My car does this when the radiator fans kick in. I'm pretty sure it's normal
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.