[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my brother is leaving the country soon and is giving me his truck,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: P4020454.jpg (102KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
P4020454.jpg
102KB, 800x600px
my brother is leaving the country soon and is giving me his truck, a 90s dodge ram 1500 in decent condition, give me the low down, how terrible is the mileage and how does it feel to drive? I am not going to pass up a free car but I was going to buy something like an old corolla for myself.
>>
Expect mileage to be about 15 MPG around town and 17 to 20 on highways.That's for V-8s.Driving is like a car,just sits higher.
>>
>>16492016
it's a v6 I believe, at least I think so because of how cheap it was. also doesn't the turning radius kinda suck because it's a truck? I haven't driven much so I don't really know this shit
>>
>>16492025
I currently have a 2009 GMC Sierra crew cab.Turning radius isn't too bad.My mom just sold one like your pic and it was no problem driving through town and turning.V-6 might get slightly better MPGs but not much.I think you'll like it.It looks clean as hell.What state?
>>
>>16492032
sadly that's not a pic of it, it's the same color but it's not as clean as that, my brother said he needed to replace the tires first before he gave it to me
>>
>>16492035
Still,a free vehicle and they seem to be built well.They made a lot of them so finding parts in a junkyard if you ever need will be fairly easy.Is it 4 wheel drive?
>>
Single cab or extended cab?
>>
If you're going to do any plowing or fire lane trailing just buy lifetime front end components.

My 97 ate upper and lower ball joints. After the second set of Moogs I switched to the duralast lifetime replacement brand from AutoZone.
>>
File: 1483470951846.jpg (38KB, 720x275px) Image search: [Google]
1483470951846.jpg
38KB, 720x275px
>>16491994
I understand your dillema, OP. There's nothing like getting a free car, plus you don't have to go trough all the hassle of comparing and testdriving just to get the best one out there. But if it's something completely opposite of what you wanted, you're fucked. Anyways, consider how much you're saving by not actually buying a car, so do you really care how much MPG's you get?

Gotta say I'd go for a nice Corolla too if I had to buy another car. Pic related is a Corolla E10 Sedan.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.