[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buying this next week >Runs fine >106k miles What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>buying this next week
>Runs fine
>106k miles
What are your experiences with Lincoln (LS)

V6 2000
>>
>>16491521
shit platform with shit engines. Only good things are the looks and the RWD.
>>
had a kid who had one want to race me back in highschool...
>>
>>16491540
Is it hard to work on or just unrialiable . I hear mixed reviews on it and I rather buy a new car if I'm going to throw money at it.
>>
>>16491557
generally the latter
>>
>>16491521
Absolute disasters. If you're not a first class wrench you don't want to get involved because trying to keep one in merely reasonable shape and paying a shop to do the work will quickly break you.

I have 2000 V6 too that I bought with a failed fuel pump for only a few hundred dollars and it's needed front upper control arms, rear toe links, dual climate control valve (DCCV and it's giving signs it needs another one), starter, alternator, cam cover gaskets, engine cooling fan actuator, all speakers, drivers window regulator, and is currently down due to a PCM failure that took out the central processor requiring another pcm which will in turn require a multiple hundred dollar visit to the dealer (on top of the $400 for the pcm) to get the new pcm to work with the PATS system. And there's a lot more work the car would need to be considered Good.

Things like the DCCV and the hydraulic engine cooling fan fan actuator are known to be high failure rate items. Some consider the DCCV to be a yearly service item.

In general the LS is a good sport sedan with performance on par with equivalent BMW offerings of the late 90's that also has a terribly cheap looking interior and none of the brand cachet. Oddly enough people do compliment you on the car. I've gotten about as many compliments in it as I get in vintage Mustangs but that's far from enough to put up with one. Not Recommended.
>>
How much money and why not a panther
>>
one bamp for op
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.