[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone fix trucks for the military? How much does it suck, Since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: mmu_get_jpeg.jpg (32KB, 504x335px) Image search: [Google]
mmu_get_jpeg.jpg
32KB, 504x335px
Anyone fix trucks for the military? How much does it suck, Since they find a way to make everything shitty? Thinking about reenlisting to mechanic but in the reserves
>>
>>16490622
>but in the reserves
you'll just come in and wrench all day.
>>
>>16490632
Are u a reservist mechanice? I know a few active guys who hate it but it's cuz their Gunny is a faggot who like to yell at people to make himself look good in front of higher, and makes them work from like 5am to 10pm
>>
>>16490622
Not one myself but i work along side navy equipment operators and construction mechanics often. I mean they gripe about work just like all of us do. For all the equipment we have step by step guidelines and instruction for maintainence of course, some how people fuck it up of course.

What branch and job did you do last enlistment OP? Honestly if you want to be a mechanic join the Seabees. overall it's great
>>
>>16490679
I'm an electro-optical ordnance repair tech in the Marines (2171 incase u wanna Google it). I worked alongside mechanics on LAVs for quite some time which was cool but now I just do night vision goggles which is gay . I was interested in vehicle mechanic because I like working on my truck but I don't wanna be active duty anymore, it's was a means to and end for a career in law enforcement, but I'd like to work on trucks and get paid at least some times
>>
>parts are big
>Tools are big
>Everything is big
>Everything is heavy

Other than that working on military shit is pretty kool
>>
>>16490749
How's diagnosing on these things? Do they got any kind of sensors and fault detection? Or is it just like "smells rich/lean, makes a wierd noise "
>>
>>16490659
>makes them work from like 5am to 10pm
yeah. like i said. you'll come in and wrench all day.

>their Gunny is a faggot who like to yell at people to make himself look good

thats the military. try to realize that the Gunny is a caricature that people assume when they put on that uniform. for some people, the wear the mask so long they become it, but its all a response to how the military operates. you should just get used to it and not take it personally.
>>
File: DFTCARAT.jpg (13KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
DFTCARAT.jpg
13KB, 274x184px
>>16490679
>join the Seabees.
the Bee's were pretty fuckin' dope. i couldn't imagine a better way to spend my late teens/early twenties.

Ventura was pretty rad place to live too.
>>
>>16490774
Fuck that, the gunny is just a douche. His dudes have to stay 18 hours and never get anything done, probably because their morale is stupidly low thanks to staying 18 hours a day and getting yelled at by some faggot who just sits in a chair and drinks coffee all day. Nigga yells at his NCOs and shit TOP OF HIS LUNGS in front of the battalion at formation for petty shit like a boot coming untied. When he tripped and rolled his ankle during a run and had to get carted literally Noone felt bad for him at all

I've met staff NCOs who are twice the leader he is without ever raising their voice
>>
File: 2plus2equalskfc.jpg (7KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
2plus2equalskfc.jpg
7KB, 214x235px
>>16490828
>the military is shit
>im going to re-enlist
>>
>>16490857
Lol good point

But nah I figured if I only show up 4 days a month and do some thing I enjoy it won't be so bad, besides it's not like I'm gonna work for that specific guy
>>
File: bush.jpg (23KB, 362x375px) Image search: [Google]
bush.jpg
23KB, 362x375px
>>16490901
>if I only show up 4 days a month and do some thing I enjoy it won't be so bad

Then Bush invades Iraq and Afghanistan and sends all the National Guard units over.
>>
>>16490960
this shit happened to me. i just got out of tech school when 9/11 happened. i was all excited for 4 years of peace time welfare queening. fucking bullshit man, my unit was supposed to go to spain.
>>
>>16490622
The reserve will suck dick. They basically get all the broken shit active duty didn't want. All the vehicles will be broken down or constantly broken down. They hardly have a budget to keep vehicles functional and operational to the bare minimum.

The leadershio is the same. All the NCOs and Staff NCO's that couldn't hack it in AD, go to the reserves to take out their anger on Junior Marines. Then you have some reserve that got promoted to E-5 by doing a total of 1 month of service that knows jack shit about leadership. And the salty 5 year Lance that is the brains of the operation.

I guess it is the same everywhere. Don't expect a different experience just because it is the reserves.

>>16490736
Hi fellow lens licker. Companies like Raytheon will hire you with 8 years minimum active duty experience to be one of their techs for decent money. Or you can be a contractor at Virginia to teach all the boots.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.