[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battery needs a charge on my Chevy Metro, but when I was trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: chevymetro.jpg (167KB, 2100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chevymetro.jpg
167KB, 2100x1200px
Battery needs a charge on my Chevy Metro, but when I was trying to pop the hood it was cold as fuck out and it kept frozen shut. I somehow broke the hood release in the process and now I the damn thing won't open. Any way I can get it open another way or will I have to get it towed to a shop?
>>
>>16490360
use a flathead screwdriver to release the latch
>>
Stick a screwdriver or prybar under it and push until it opens.
>>
>hood release

That might sound like the switch on the front. I meant the actual lever under the driver's seat.
>>
>>16490372
get a pair of pliers and pull the cable
>>
>>16490376
Worth a try. Brb.
>>
>>16490376
Not doin' nothing. Unless the plan is to rip the thing out?
>>
>>16490360

Is it a three cylinder five speed?
>>
>>16490408
did you break the lever or did you break the cable? Go take a picture of what the probem is because if the plastic broke pulling the cable should pop it open jsut fine

>>16490414
is right if its if its a stick jsut pop start it.
>>
>>16490408

Can you reach up to the latch from under the car?
>>
>>16490414
Yes.

>>16490420
Popping the clutch makes it stall after a short amount of time. Plus it's still using it's original gear box, which is pretty fucked. Can't even go into fifth. No camera, btw.

>>16490424
Yes.
>>
File: 1310478257957.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1310478257957.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
>>16490435
then you most likely do not have just a battery problem. if you can get it started and it stalls out.

Pulling the cable either where it was connected to the interior release is the best bet. Other option would be to find the other end of cable inside the grill and pull it there. gonna involve cutting shit to do that possibly. Or getting at it from the bottom but that sounds like a bad time.
>>
>>16490458
It's the gearbox, dude. It's probably only got a few months left. I'm really just driving it until chokes, cause fuck getting a new gearbox, shit's way too expensive.

But right now the hood is my priority, then the battery. I still need something to get me to work.

I'll keep fucking with the cable and hoping for the best.
>>
>>16490490

Find another transaxle on Craigslist or something. Its an hour job using nothing but basic handtools.
>>
File: 1483262826513.gif (981KB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1483262826513.gif
981KB, 371x209px
>>16490512
Gonna be honest with you, dude. Never done any real work on cars before. I'd probably fuck it up.
>>
>>16490542
No sweet, just get your car's manual at autozone and follow the book and you will do fine. Get haynes not chilton.
>>
Okay after unscrewing the lever I can give a more detailed explanation I think:

The lever underneath the driver's seat, you pull it to unlock the hood. Usually there's resistance and you can feel the "pop" when pulling.

When I pull it now, there's no feedback. I can hear scraping through the cables that lead to the front of the car and nothing else.

>>16490579
If I can get this problem fixed I will do that, thanks.
>>
>>16490649
Just cut a hole in the hood and jump the battery thru the hole
>>
File: 1483330713860.gif (2MB, 212x153px) Image search: [Google]
1483330713860.gif
2MB, 212x153px
>>16490673
you know that makes sense, why didn't I think of that?
>>
>>16490649
is the cable still attached to the lever? If it is the cable snapped somewhere between there and the hood latch. if its not the cable should function without the lever if you pull it with pliers and get no resistance the cable is broken somewhere.

Find the other end of the cable in your grill going to the hood latch and see if you can pull it up there
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.