[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1930-1960 >car almost entirely made from steel,wood and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

>1930-1960
>car almost entirely made from steel,wood and other heavy shit
>with some exception all car weight no more than 3,200 lb
>2017
>cars make heavy use of light materials like aluminium,plastic,fiberglass and even stuff like carbon fiber becoming cheaper and widely available
>""""""""""tiny""""""""""" ((((((((((((((city)))))))))))) cars weight 2,760 lb
Why?!
>>
>>16489006
>crash in the 1930-60 at 20mph
>die
>crash in 2017 at 100mph
>have minor injuries
>>
>air conditioning
>abs
>cruise control
>about a billion safety features and air bags
>power windows, locks, and seat controls
>sunroof
>>
>>16489015
Who cares, humans aren't an endangered species.
>>
>>16489113
>Get reasonable explanation
>Be a faggot about it
>>
File: 1454570102637.png (236KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
1454570102637.png
236KB, 500x655px
>>16489015
Easy solutions
>become a better drive
>don't drive drunk
>don't drive under influence of drugs
>don't crash!
Also if you think you can survive in a crash at the speed above 60 mph in ANYTHING even a tank you should go back to back to school and learn basics of physics and biology!
>>
>>16489015
I prefer cars to be more reliable and funnier to drive. Safety equipment are for faggots and women who feel insecure while driving. If you ask me I prefer to die in a car accident fast and painlessly instead of surviving it and become a potato. Also nowadays car are expensive as fuck because muh safety. Maybe the government should make better driving exams that literal retards couldn't be able to pass like if it was nothing. Or maybe only capable men should be able to drive to make roads safer. Or maybe the goverment should try to invest more money on upgrading the road system instead of invesing billions on nigger's welfare or making shitty public transport that only lesbians, leftists and minorities use. I'm mad.
>>
>>16489335
>Maybe the government should make better driving exams that literal retards couldn't be able to pass like if it was nothing
It gets accused of racism with such tests.
>>
>>16489113
That has to be the most autistic response I've ever seen.
>>
>>16489006
>1930-1960, half a day to reach 60
>2017, about 5 seconds
>>
Cars have reached a point now where they are too safe, and drivers are no longer paying as much attention. If cars were a little bit sketchy to drive, people would pay more attention and be a little more excited about their cars. New cars are so boring, I don't fucking care that every single new base model modern shitbox gets numbers at the dragstrip that would have been very respectable back when cars were fun.
>>
>1930 - 1960
>Typical commuter car makes 30 - 70hp
>2017
>Typical commuter car makes 150 - 250hp
>1930 - 1960
>Die in a horrible accident because someone's shitty brakes fail
>Car is set on fire from a fender-bender
>2017
>Some asshole collides into you at 90 mph and you walk away with a sore neck

hmm
rly makes u think
>>
>>16489432

No, he's right. Not everyone is special. The world population is overall much dumber as the years go on, since less intelligent people breed faster. Much faster.
>>
>>16489476
Racist piece of shit
>>
>>16489492

It's not a racism thing. An educated person spends their young years in school, then they get into a good career, and then they have kids when they're in a good place in life and it's convenient. Stupid people start pumping out kids right off the bat, and have to lean on government support just to exist. It's got nothing to do with race, you're just putting that in there yourself because of the people you see doing what I'm talking about.

Everyone knows I am right, but nobody will say it.

So what I am saying is, we don't need all this safety bullshit in cars. Bring back fun cars!
>>
File: 76b[1].png (245KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
76b[1].png
245KB, 450x349px
>>16489476
>nothin personal kid
>>
>>16489476
>The world population is overall much dumber as the years go on
It's actually the opposite, smart one
>>
>>16489492
no one mentioned race you silly black bastard
>>
>>16489615
That's just fake intelligence, people learning IQ tests and so one
>>
>>16489460
>Cars have reached a point now where they are too safe, and drivers are no longer paying as much attention. If cars were a little bit sketchy to drive, people would pay more attention
Yep. I guarentee if all cars game with a spike where the driver airbag currently resides, we would see much safer driving.
>>
>>16489006
>tfw when you drive a 2000lbs '89 Golf

Although it's nice driving a car that's so light,it comes with a price of not having stuff that you would expect of any modern car,like AC,power steering,powered mirrors,no ABS,etc.

I doubt normies would want to buy a car without those things in today's day and age.
>>
>>16489513
>Implying knowledge is genetic
>Implying IQ has anything to do with knowledge

Fun fact, people with exceptionally high IQ's and no social disorders typically don't pursue much education.

If your idea is genocide anyone who doesn't a masters you're not going to be getting the most capable population.
Funny thing is, engineers are some of the stupidest people you'll ever meet. Yet they're regarded as smart by the public.
Fucking jokes man. The whole world.
>>
>>16489649
>AC,power steering,powered mirrors, ABS
None of those are exceptionally heavy you stupid fucking faggot.
And ABS is trash. Kill yourself.
>>
>>16489632

No, I meant how you can just drive a new car around without a car in the world and it will generally be okay, because of all kinds of electronic driver aids and numb steering.
>>
>1930-1960
>car almost entirely made from steel,wood and other heavy shit

Most were not made of heavy shit, they were made as cheaply as practical with cosmetics rather than mechanical or structural robustness as main considerations.

They were unsafe at any speed except parked and the fucking body counts per mile bear that out unequivocally. The old gory safety films were cool though.

>I prefer cars to be more reliable and funnier to drive.

I grew up working on that old shit when it was plentiful. They were not in any way more reliable than today's vehicles. They wore out much quicker, hence their design for easy but mandatory frequent maintenance. Brakes were so shitty it was common to see brake shops all over hilly country. Points ignitions were easy to troubleshoot but they frequently needed maintenance. Carbs eventually got good but more quickly serviceable is not more reliable. There was no such thing as "handling" by modern standards.

Old cars are technical garbage but they are pretty. Buy them for the art and enjoy, but don't lie to yourself. There's good reason modern repowers of old cars are so popular.
>>
>>16489667
Fuck off useless cunt
>>
>>16489675
I was being serious.
>>
>>16489653

No, I am not implying knowledge is genetic. When you raise children in a household where the adults are responsible, contributing members of society they generally teach their kids better habits and work ethic.
>>
>>16489684

Holy shit, I re-read that in a non-sarcastic way and decided you're right. That's fucking genius. I like you. I have a new love for Takata now.
>>
>>16489685
Depends entirely on the kid.
You'll see a nigger in the hood define his own morals and get out of the hood and become something.
And you'll see a privileged rich kids from the gated walls of rich town become a bank robber.

Parents are very rares a childs role model.
>>
>>16489667
>tripfag
>>
>>16489695
Kek. Yea it would look fucking wicked too, maybe have the spike embossed with the manufacturer logo.
>>
>>16489731

No, I was thinking of having the spike hidden in the steering column, and have it blast out in the same situation the airbag would have protected you. That's what my reference to Takata was, with their overpressured cartridges for airbags. Also, there were some knockoff cheap replacement airbags on the market a while ago that someone had filled with screws.
>>
>>16489476
>The world population is overall much dumber as the years go on, since less intelligent people breed faster. Much faster.
>>16489513
>Stupid people start pumping out kids right off the bat, and have to lean on government support just to exist.

Some USA welfare programs turn off after 2 years, but the loophole is the killer. To avoid turn off of social welfare benefits if someone doesn't work, they only need to have dependent young children.

It's because of that loophole that many people keep on having lots of young children all the way up to when they no longer can. This maintains housing, medical (before obamacare), welfare, and other social benefits. Keeping that loophole there is part of the problem since it created a lot of unintended consequences.
>>
>>16489149
>>16489335
not a viable solution in america where people NEED to drive
>>
>>16489113
>>16489335
The amount of retardation on this board does actually surprise me at times.
>>
>>16489335
>nowadays car are expensive as fuck
No they're not, adjusting for inflation shows that prices have been pretty close to the same for a very, very long time.
>>
>>16489767
Wew. Yea I knew what you meant by Takata, but I had envisioned a nice spike sticking out from the wheel. But your description sounds so much more explosive. Maybe we can have it be in the wheel with the manufacturer logo being the tip of the spike, and upon a crash it shoots out like an airbag.
>>
>>16489781
That's still expensive as fuck. We use much cheaper materials than steel like plastics and lightweight metals. If not for safety and emissions shit nowadays cars would be cheap as dirt.
>>
>>16489653
>engineers are some of the stupidest people you'll ever meet.
As a machinist I back this 100%. The amount of absolutely stupid engineering I see on a daily basis is insane.
>>
>>16489113

Yes but i and everyone else i know would like to live, fuck off with that "humans are a diease" shit
>>
>>16491944
As an engineering student I can back thid up, most of my colleagues struggle with the concept of a dorr that needs to be pulled rather than pushed
>>
>>16492120
That example shows those engineering students suffer more from human ego than from engineering philosophy. Entering a building, pulling the door open results in a stronger door versus unlawful entry. And exiting a building with goods in hand is easier if the door is to be pushed outwards. Those are engineering design ideas of benefit to actual users of the building.

But someone who approaches a building with the idea of "I am the most important person in the world to myself" is going to want to just push his way into the building rather than pulling the door open.
>>
>>16492386
Door open out for evacuation. It reduces the risk of trampling.
>>
>>16489149

>stop at railroad crossing
>texting teenage girl rear ends you at 45 mph
>"shoulda become a better driver there m8 :^)"
>>
>>16489113
crawwwwling in my skiiiiiin
>>
File: dsc_1654.jpg (72KB, 1013x675px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_1654.jpg
72KB, 1013x675px
>>16489006
new cars are fucking massive
>>
File: BMW-Serie-3-E21-vs-Serie-3-F30-3.jpg (410KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
BMW-Serie-3-E21-vs-Serie-3-F30-3.jpg
410KB, 1000x667px
>>16492535
>>
File: corolla_old_new.jpg (107KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
corolla_old_new.jpg
107KB, 600x400px
>>16492550
>>
File: 2010taurusshoreview037.jpg (155KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
2010taurusshoreview037.jpg
155KB, 1280x850px
>>16492553
>>
>>16491944
You're just some simple minded, stupid hands-on laborer that doesn't understand why things need to be designed a certain way. I work with you people every day. You complain that it should have been designed this way and that way, but cannot understand when one of the engineers shows you how it wouldn't fucking work like that and is not what the customer wanted. For the most part, the engineers are too nice and say "ok we'll look into that" rather than tell them the truth (that they are straight retarded), so they end up with this delusion that their ideas are better, the engineers are dumb, and somehow nobody in the company is listening to their golden genius ideas.
>>
>>16492386
seriously though, one of them borrowed a mechanical pencil and just stared at it as if it was a gift from the gods
>>
>>16492554
The Taurus changed catagory. It used to be midsize, now it's fullsize, replacing the Crown Vic.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.