/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the cost of ownership like on these things? I see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Used-Mercedes-C300.jpg (139KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
Used-Mercedes-C300.jpg
139KB, 1280x782px
What's the cost of ownership like on these things? I see them everywhere around where I live, and they seem surprisingly cheap on craigslist
>>
Bump. I want to get 2015 c300 .
>>
>>16484475
You can google it. It's very not-cheap if you do all the scheduled maintenance.
>>
If you take it to the dealer, every year the service alternates between $300 and $600. That includes oil change, wipers, some greasing, etc etc. Brake flush every 2 years at $100. Transmission service (fluid flush and filter) every 40k miles at $400. Apparently there is a seal toward the back of the heads that likes to crap out around 50k miles. New battery is $200. They like to wear the outsides of tires (suspension geometry is so-so). CV boots are another common wear item on the 4matics.

That's been my experience so far. Had one for 4 years. Good, solid car though. No regrets.
>>
If you get the C300 and upper engine you will be fine with a W204
>>
>>16484642

>very not-cheap if you do all the scheduled maintenance

What if you just find a good mechanic in your area that specializes in foreign cars?
>>
>>16484475
That's pretty much the most reliable car Mercedes built over the last few years, especially the I4 variants. The engine they use has been in production for 10+ years and has had all the kinks ironed out. I'd say go for it if you like it. Build quality is 10/10 and driving dynamics are an 8/10 IMO. You'll get fucked if you service it at a dealership. I'd suggest finding an independent shop you trust and
>>
Can anyone confirm the reliability of these cars through trusted sources? I love the C300 and find them well within budget on CL, but everywhere I look online these cars get horrendous reviews, even from people who service them on schedule and are die-hard mercedes fanatics. Looking to upgrade from my IS300, and after 2+ years of no extra maintenance required, it's hard finding a vehicle that compares in that department.
>>
>>16484783
>C300
>I4

It's a V6 m8.
But yes I agree with you on the most part, if you want a good benz you get the pre-2001 merge with chrysler or the 204 and above.
>>
>>16484800
Why are you changing, for what reasons.

I can't talk about C300 but my friend have a C250 and its been pretty good so far. 30,000KM.
>>
I just bought one 3 days ago and had a question actually about updating the to xenon lights and rear LED's.

Its a 2010 c180 cgi, i like the newer lights on the 2012+ and I dont mean the actual facelift but not having yellow halogen lights which it is running on at the moment. Is it true I need to get them remapped by the dealership, if true I will not bother as I know this will cost an arm and a leg.

>>16484657
Also true about the yearly services, Its due the smaller service this year which I am skipping and doing at a local dealer as I am keeping this car for the next 2-4 years, dont care if I sell it without a mercedes history which it currently has.
>>
>>16484750
I took mine to an independent the last time and their prices were unfortunately similar to the dealer. The dealer also provides loaner cars, a cleaner environment, and in my experience more professionalism (they get shit scheduled and done on time).

>>16484800
What are people complaining about specifically? Like the other guy said, these are known to be some of the more reliable Mercedes cars. My friend is a mechanic that works on them all the time and says it's one of the few he would own himself.
>>
>>16484810
OP didn't say a 300. I just meant the W204 was the most reliable car they've built in a long time, ESPECIALLY the I4 models.

Also gotta say the diesel W211 variants have managed to be reliable in my experience despite being from the Daimler-Chrysler era as well.
>>
>>16484912
Sorry mate I thought he said C300.
>>
>>16484632
What about this? Are 2015 reliable?
>>
>>16484821
Larger, awd, more comfort, more "creature comforts" like tech/features. Always loved the newer mercedes look, wide grill, etc. Owned a MKIV GTI once and the thing was in the shop 4x a month, and the bill was never less than $400, even when I could do the repair it myself. Ever since then I have never touched another German car, but I'm always drawn back to considering them for some reason.

>>16484831
Steering rack bushings, various electronics, power steering and fuel filter recalls, and exterior/interior light dimness/failure. Just various things I see pop up more than once, so it's something to consider. I have never owned a mercedes, and I do not know anyone who owns a C300, so this info is just conjecture, but I will test drive one in my area to see how it drives at least.
>>
>>16484986
I'll keep an eye out for the stuff you mentioned, although steering rack bushings is really the only specific thing. Rubber parts in general fail quickly in my dry environment.

I noticed that the rear sway bar end link bushings are a bit cracked on my car at 42k miles, but neither the dealer nor the independent mechanic has brought it up.
>>
>>16484986
Well, I can't talk for the newer gen benz as a owna W126 and a W202 but man.... Even with the automatic I got addicted. I couldn't revert to back to japanese cars. (Same price range of course.)
>>
>>16485107
I don't want to sound like one of those fags who mentions "soul" and "passion" when discussing cars, but there's something about German cars that's just different. I've driven LS1 Camaros, 5.0 Foxbodies, WRXs, S2000s, all of these having much more power and ability than my tuned GTI, but none were as fun.

A friend of mine has a 330xi and a 540i, and when I drove both they were both so impressive to drive. The 330xi felt leagues ahead of my IS300, despite being roughly the same type of car (minus the awd). If it weren't for the depleted bank account every time they needed work, I'd only ever drive German. My buddy with the BMWs never has both running properly at the same time, and is constantly spending over $500-$1000 on each, despite being a mechanic and having his own tools/capability to fix the problems.
>>
>>16485155
I know that feeling.
Everything is more refined.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.