[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/ pls halp. When I put my car in reverse the rpm gauge jumps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2623.jpg (43KB, 788x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2623.jpg
43KB, 788x525px
Hi /o/ pls halp.
When I put my car in reverse the rpm gauge jumps and when I have my car on drive it stalls. What could be the cause? Also when I opened the hood the engine was rocking back and forth.
Pic related. My car (2001 Toyota Camry).
>>
>>16478845
The first thing to check, always, when you're having a problem with an automatic transmission, is the fluid level and condition. If it's low, top it off, and if it's dirty have it changed. Make sure you check it with the engine running and in park on a level parking spot.

Your engine rocking back and forth means your motor mounts are bad and need to be replaced.
>>
>>16478877
Thank you.
I changed the fuel filter and had a tune up like 7 months ago.
I just got my motor mounts changed and they are working properly. When the car is in park the engine just rocks back and forth. I am still trying to look online what the problem is and a forum said to use fuel injector cleaner so i'll give that a shot tomorrow
>>
>>16478877
Also if it's low, make sure you use the correct fluid type. Your Camry calls for Dexron III fluid. Dexron is backwards compatible so you can also use Dexron VI which is better and some people have smoother shifts with. I've heard good things about the Mobil 1 Dexron VI ATF. If you get the fluid changed, it's also a good idea to change the filter in the transmission since it may be getting clogged and blocking flow.
>>16478895
Did the tune up include spark plugs, wires, and/or coils? It's possible your spark is weak on one cylinder, so it's misfiring. One way to check is to do a cylinder balance test. If it drops less RPM on one of them than the others that cylinder is your problem.

https://youtu.be/bAOmUjAjNjE
>>
>>16478935
I got my ATF changed like a year ago so I guess it is time to change it.
The tune up included everything from fluids to spark plugs. But i'll check them out. Thanks bro
>>
>>16478845
Check the intake boot between the air box & throttle body for any tears or cracks.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.