[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge- challenger-and-charger-t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 11.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
http://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge-challenger-and-charger-to-stick-around-virtually-unchanged-until-2021/

>When the Charger and Challenger are redesigned for 2021, they’ll share a platform with the new, rear-wheel-drive Alfa Romeo Giulia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_(952)

>Kerb weight 1,524 kg (3,360 lb)
3400lb Challenger in T-4years.
>>
>inb4 the automatic challenger cucks show up
>>
>>16469871
>12 model year run
damn these are going to be great poorfag cars, even moreso than they are now.
>>
>>16469871
They'll probably scale the Giulia up a bit. Remember, Alfa still needs a 5er/A6/E-class competitor (Alfetta?), which would be more consistent with the current Challenger/Charger sizing. Anything under 4000lbs for the Charger/Challenger would be neat.

Wha excites me more is the mention of a Barracuda revival. As long as they don't cheap out and put it in the Dodge lineup, it'd be amazing. It could share a platform with the upcoming 6C coupe (basically a Giulia coupe iirc), which could actually get close to that 3400lbs goal, even with a big V8.

Also, the 3rd gen Hemi is getting a bit old. I think they'll update it around 2020, and there's plenty of room for improvement:
>aluminium blocks
>cam-in-cam independent VVT
>direct injection
>turbo Hellcat (instead of supercharger)

My dream lineup Challenger/Charger lineup would include all of the above, and look something like this:
>2.0 Turbo I4, 200/280hp (Rental car trim)
>304 (5.0) Hemi, 385hp (R/T)
>392 (6.4) Hemi, 500hp (Scat Pack)
>426 (7.0) Hemi, 550hp (SRT-8)
>392 (6.4) Hemi, 800hp (Wolverine)
>>
>>16469965
>As long as they don't cheap out and put it in the Dodge lineup
unless they actually decide to sell an individual Plymouth branded car through dodge/chrysler/etc dealerships, it will likely be a dodge barracuda.

personally I'd hope for the former, because that might set the stage for GM to do the same with Pontiac
>>
>>16469911
It's going to be like the c5. You can get a low milage c5 for around 15k. Z06 for around 20k. I imagine a 2013ish hellcat will be around 20k in 2020.
>>
>>16470592
Could you imagine if Gm revived Pontiac as a performance division
>>
>>16470592
>unless they actually decide to sell an individual Plymouth branded car through dodge/chrysler/etc dealerships,
That was my idea as well, and I hope they do it.

Dodge Barracuda just sounds...yuck.
>>
File: what.gif (744KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
744KB, 245x300px
>>16469871
>4 more years of a car we got back in 2005

Jesus... They've been milking the life from the LX platform since Bush was still in office. It's crazy to think that modern car would be running on a platform that over a decade old much less one that would be old enough to drive itself by the time it's done.
>>
>>16471704
>I imagine a 2013ish hellcat will be around 20k in 2020.

haha...no.

Hellcat didn't come out until 2015 and you'd definitely be hard-pressed to look find one for low-20s in a few years. 392 Apache maybe. Definitely not Hellcat.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.