[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey bro you should pick up an S2K before they reach 50 grand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: honda-s2000-1.jpg (310KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
honda-s2000-1.jpg
310KB, 1500x1000px
>Hey bro you should pick up an S2K before they reach 50 grand you dont wanna miss the boat. You can totally make some money and flip it
>>
File: 1453088882622.gif (453KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
1453088882622.gif
453KB, 250x191px
>>16467429
>friend keeps telling me to buy an s2000 because he got lucky 4 years ago and got an 04 ap2 with hardtop for 18k CDN
>04 ap2's go for 30k with no hardtop around vancouver right now and he keeps telling me to partout my miata and buy an s2000 before they raise in price
pls no
>>
File: ap2.png (654KB, 1109x833px) Image search: [Google]
ap2.png
654KB, 1109x833px
>>16467445
>30k Canadian for an AP2
Thats a good deal
>>
>>16467478
its not
>>
The S2K probably will actually appreciate in value over the years. The hard part is going to be finding one with low miles, no rust, no mods, and then maintaining it like that for the next two decades
>>
>>16467529
oh, you mean like any other fucking sports car out there?
>>
>>16467529
Why even buy an s2000 at that point if it costs as much as a C6 vette. Parts are easily obtainable, LS engine, easier to work on.
>>
>>16467556
Seconded. Its not even like the Corvette is a bad sports car. Sure its 300lbs heavier but it also has twice the power, fits far wider rubber front and rear, its just as reliable (yes, hard to believe), and has a similar suspension layout (double wishbone on all four corners).

I'd get a C5 Z06 over any S2000 in a heartbeat, moreso when the Corvette costs the same or less nowadays.
>>
>>16467613
Just get a C6 instead of the c5. You'd be better off.
>>
>>16467613
S2000 buyers and vette buyers are generally looking for two different things.
>s2k
I want a roadster but I don't want a Miata; I'm too poor for a Z4/Refuse to buy a 2.5L Z4, and I think muscle and Z berts are horrible.
I may be female
Or, I could be a man looking for a track toy which the S2000 is far better than the vette for.

Corvette buyers are either Americans in their mid 20's who grew up in love with them, daddy's money types, or middle age men in need of some testosterone.
Alternatively, someone looking for a drag setup that's still street-drivable with little fuss.
The only similarity in the cars is their price
>>
>>16467673
I could pick up an 07 Z4 for about 5k less than I could an S2K of the same year.

I'd do it, but the S2000 looks better, easily hadrtopped and isn't European, so it actually has reliability and parts that don't cost infinite dollars.
>>
>>16467715
I mean that's part of the "can't afford" deal. I could afford to buy a 35k used Aston. I'd clear my poorfag tier savings out in the process sure, but I couldn't afford to own it for very long, so as far as I'm concerned I cannot afford that Aston.
>>
>>16467445
Someone I know in the lower mainland bought a beautiful Laguna Blue AP2, forgetting the year but it's a late model year car in immaculate shape with around 50,000 KM, bone stock. I think he paid 26k CAD, this was about a year or 2 ago. Took him forever to find a truly mint example but he got it
>>
>>16467727
Hey don't get me wrong, I could afford those parts but who in their right mind would actually pay that premium? I'm just not that attached to brands.
>>
>>16467757
even two years ago the prices were more reasonable. its just the last couple years prices have jumped up by around 10k. 22k is average for an ap1 now which is absolutely fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>16467649
C4 > all
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.