[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy Mustang, pic related >It was abused by previous owner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: mustang gt.jpg (177KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
mustang gt.jpg
177KB, 800x597px
>buy Mustang, pic related

>It was abused by previous owner

>Does have performance mods, is actually pretty fast even for a Mustang

>Only thing that has ever beaten me is a GTR

>Get (honorably) discharged from Army for medical reasons

>Drive Mustang home to NH from Texas

>Car's rack is leaking now, doesn't have a cat (legal in TX but won't pass inspection here), starter won't work so it won't start, ABS light is on, needs new (snow) tires, IAC overspeed error, and rear main seal/oil pan gasket as well as transmission/driveshaft seal is slowly leaking

>Loved the car to death

>Tired of its shit, won't even start in cold, no click

>REALLY tired of its shit now. I don't even know how much repairs will cost. I am an amateur mechanic but its cold AF out here and TFW no garage.

>Don't have much $$$ for now, because of speeding ticket i got in a different car that didn't have radar detector

>Can't pay for all the repairs

>Want a reliable car

>Something like Dakota or Wrangler

What should I do /pol/? What car should a poor man like me get while I don't have much money at all (that doesn't make me look like a total tool)
>>
You can try to find someone that would take it as a trade. There are plenty of cheap dakotas. Wranglers occasionally. These are both known as vehicles that need TLC though.
>>
>>16461956
FWIW I doubt you'll get squat for the Mustang as is so may as well just set it aside for the moment and get a driver. Come back to the Mustang when it's warmer and you can enjoy it.
>>
>>16461956
> Reliable
> Wrangler
Where the fuck did you get this idea?
>>
File: 1462850128692.png (428KB, 646x525px) Image search: [Google]
1462850128692.png
428KB, 646x525px
>>16461956
>What should I do /pol/
>>
>>16461956
>wants reliable car
>bought a ford
Kek
Do me a favor and sit in the drivers seat until you realize the steering wheel and gauge cluster point out the window.
>>
>Want a reliable car
>Dakota or Wrangler
This is bait guys. Everyone go home
>>
>>16461956
>Army
>buys shitty Mustang

Like clockwork
>>
this isnt bait, i want an actual reliable car. Dakota isn't reliable?
>>
>>16462098
/o/ shits all over Dodges because a SRT-4 smoked their Civic. You should expect to wrench on it from time to time.
>>
>>16461956
The SN95 is one of the most reliable cars there is, it's just a 2 door Crown Victoria.

You have to maintain them though, dipshit, and that's part of owning a sports car (or any car, really).

>I've only lost to a GTR
When you race nothing but Civics I can see that, but my guess is you run your mouth about how """""""fast""""""" your Mustang is but when someone with an actual fast car wants you to nut up you find some excuse to bitch out.
>>
>>16462098
No it's not.

People are calling this bait because you didn't suggest something the likes of a Tacoma or T100.
>>
>>16462068
from the same part of his brain that told him to buy a fucking abused mustang. He did join the army....OPs IQ isnt in the triple digits.
>>
I'll give you 3 sloppy handy's and a good blow, double if you arrange the transportation
>>
File: 1384418722739.jpg (34KB, 546x473px) Image search: [Google]
1384418722739.jpg
34KB, 546x473px
>>16461956
honestly many of those fixes are not to expensive if done by yourself and can be done without much hassle if you are not a retard. parts are cheap its just the work. Also you wont get shit from these things back especially if they are not running well.. My advice is get a repair manual and get wrenching yourself. You can work on it all winter, learn to work on shit by yourself. It will save you some money by the end.

>>
>>16461956
If your dishonorable discharged what happens to your GI Bill?
>>
File: 1481604937413.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1481604937413.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
>>16465214
I mean honorable
>>
Get it saleable and screw some dealer into taking it as a trade-in
>>
>>16462120
SRT-4 is the only dodge I would ever own. Wouldn't call it reliable but at least its cool. their regular cars are garbage
>>
>>16465220
I was gonna say. Medical discharges are not dishonorable.
>>
>>16461956
>Want a reliable car

>Something like Dakota or Wrangler

TOP KEK

Also how's it feel to be in a piss-ant police state where you're cucked out of making your car the way you want it?
>>
>>16465214
>>16465220
as long as you've put in enough time on your contract you get it. if you don't meet the time requirement they pro-rate the benefit. i think its at least one full year of service but don't quote me.
>>
You lost me at "snow tires" on your pusstang. No wonder why you have a milky discharge
>>
You fucked up lol. I bought my mustang with 70,000 miles. The 2 owners before me babied it and had all oil change records and service records. Me I beat the shit out of it for 25,000 miles and sold it for 1000 less than what I paid. I DD'd it through a winter and smashed it up in the summer. Got the work done for cheap without going through insurance so no record of any accident. No ragrets.
>>
>>16462125
How much can I transplant from a crown vic? Say I wanted such a thing (panther coupe) but wouldn't be caught dead in an SN.
>>
>>16461956
why would you knowingly buy a car that had so much wrong with it

the cost of all the shit you listed is WAY MORE than a single speeding ticket

you really shoulda been a lot smarter

this is why most people shouldnt buy pre modified cars, because they do a really half assed job inspecting it and test driving
>>
>>16461956

>Want a reliable car
>Chrysler

L O L
>>
>>16465271
Thanks mate, was it worth it to you? I plan in joining soon.
>>
ws6
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.