[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, had a seizure last year and im just getting my license

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 24962760004_large.jpg (56KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
24962760004_large.jpg
56KB, 575x431px
hey guys, had a seizure last year and im just getting my license back in a couple months and i have some money saved up for a car and my mom said she will give me some money on my birthday to help out, i have about 1500 bucks saved and im not sure what my parents are going to pitch to help me out here, im guessing around 2k for the car itself.

i, like most people on here "want a car thats a manual and rwd" and I have looked around, and it looks like my cheapest option is a v6 mustang, and i know you guys dont like them very much but I have heard of people getting them up to 300hp, and with a cam and nice exhaust they sound pretty nice. anyways, what I was wondering is how much easier would it be to get 300hp out of a 2000-2004 mustang vs a 96? i see the 96 has quite a bit less power, what is the difference? is it the split port? pic not really related, hard to find camaros of that year without an auto:/
>>
OP here, i found these two cars.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/st-catharines/1996-ford-mustang-3-8-v6-5-speed-manual/1229512194?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2003-ford-mustang-silver-coupe-2-door/1224611981?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
>>
>>16460934
>want a car thats a manual and rwd
Panther Platform, a $2k moostang is gonna be in shit condition
>>
>>16460934
how the fuck did you have a seizure?

either way, if you really are that poor, just get a miata
>>
>>16461175
im not really sure, it sucked though lmao it feels like you are totally going in fucking sane and you forget everything, i could not even recognize my own sister.
|>>16461131 panther platform? never heard of that. ill google it
>>
>>16461131
ok op here, i looked it up. they look to be the kind of cars that come as an auto...
>>
>>16461240
>cars that come as an auto
Shit you're right, forgot they never had manual
>>
if you're not set on a domestic the 240sx and the miata are decent options. I occasionally see mk3 Supras for dirt cheap too. but if you do go with a mustang, the 3.8 won't win you much but it's really easy to drop a 302 in one and can be done pretty inexpensively.

anyway I hope that's the last of your serious medical issues for a good long while. that shit isn't fun.
>>
>>16461259
Op here. No it is not fun at all, lol. i had the last tests they want to perform on my brain, and got reaalllly sick like 20 minutes later when we were leaving the hospital. I literally shit my fucking pants walking to the car so i ran back inside and diariah shat then puked while i was still sitting on the toilet. but im glad it was not 20 minites sooner or i would have literally fucking shat my goddamn fucking pants while i was taking the test.

that was in december, so now im waiting for the apointment with the dr. and for him to fill out some papers so i can send them to the DMV. if i was to put a 302 in it, it would have to be the year the 302 was an option. or else it would have to be registered as a fucking hot rod :(
>>
i know you would like a car but for that kind of cash u might be better off looking at a truck, picked up my 95 dak for not much and its been fun and those 318's are good motors to build up
>>
The last seizefag fucked up his engine by holding the throttle to the floor (in park) and key in Start while seizing, for about 3 minutes straight. Don't do that.
>>
>>16461929
op here. HAHAHAHAHAAHAH
>>
File: IMG_20161120_163425.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161120_163425.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Yo op. I think I may be late to the game, but what you want is an old Volvo.

You can find them in your budget range with a stick.
They were designed "to never surprise the driver" I.e. drift beautifully.

/o/ is full of folks who focus on H.P. ny your description, it sounds like you want a car to drive, that will be the most fun that 5-15% of the time when you really can.

114hp of redblock glory going to the rear wheels with your foot on the floor and an open exhaust going through 4 gears to get to 48 miles an hour is gonna be more fun than the 2 grand of shitstabg with rusted strut towers you could pick up.

They drift. They respond positively to abuse. They dont attract police attention. They're safe.

Just sayin.
>>
300whp isn't super easy to hit with them N/A, but supercharger kits are available if you don't mind boost, and the split port heads are almost necessary for power, so starting with them saves a ton of headache as the swap requires a bit more than just heads including modifying the fuel rail, btw you're going to want an LSD before you get to that power level. I love my shit 1400 dollar 96, but the power aftermarket for those 3.8's isn't there, so if that's what you're chasing, good luck. I think it's a good choice if you want a cheap to buy run and insure "sporty" but usable car. Get the split port heads, and if you really want to sink money into it, chassis and suspension wise, there's no reason to go anywhere other than maximum motorsport. As for power, split port heads, .2 pistons and crank rods to if you so chose, they're the same length, but different,and 30 over bore while you're in there, exhaust, intake, fuel injectors (only needed on up to a certain year) and a tune to make use of it all. With a manual that should put you at a 4.25L v6 putting aroundish 300 at the wheels, with more torque than anyone would ever expect out of a v6 sports car. Add LSD and boost as needed (and IRS because i've actually slid the tail while turning at 60ish% throttle in second not driving hard because i hit a bump)
the good thing is they are a cheap starting point, and if you're handy and track good cheap parts down, you could do the IRS swap for ~2k and the engine build could be even less, so if you're plan is to slowly add small amounts of money it's a good choice.

ignore shit composition and flow it's late i'm lazy
>>
>>16461978
before the stang I had a 740 and honestly it's a much much slower but somehow more endearing car, maybe all the teenage adventure's I went on in it before I finally killed it (stupidly hard to do btw) but I "feel" for that car more. I over-heated her, then blew the head gasket, then cracked the block, then after about another 150 miles of hard driving with no coolant she finally gave up, there may be a ford 4.6 SOHC in her future
>>
>>16462066
Op here, was thinking about taking the rods from a 4.2 windstar and putting them in there.
>>
>>16462094
it's the crank that increases stroke, and the pistons need to be swapped to or else you'll learn the disadvantages of interference engines very quickly, the rods are actually the only part of the rotating assembly that aren't req'd
windstar intake is better than mustang intake but more prone to cracking.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.