[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My car was being fixed the other day so I borrowed my friend's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

My car was being fixed the other day so I borrowed my friend's truck for use. Used it for going to and from work. As common courtesy I gassed it with regular gasoline. The next day apparently his engine wouldn't start and when they had someone check it, it's because the spark plug broke. Is this my fault? I am not very knowledgeable with automotives and I'm looking to find a legit answer because the fix costs about $780.
>>
What was the Truck?

I was going to say maybe it was Diesel, but then

>it's because the spark plugs broke.

If it wasn't a Diesel, and you just used it for a day and filled it up with gas, there's no reason his truck should've shit the bed.
>>
> The next day apparently his engine wouldn't start and when they had someone check it, it's because the spark plug broke. Is this my fault?

No that's typical for a Nissan.
>>
>>16458835

It was a 2014 Nissan v8 Titan... does it run on Diesel?
>>
>>16458859

No, Diesels don't have Spark Plugs, they use pure compression for ignition.

As I said, unless they're something you're not telling us, simply filling up someone's car after some regular use shouldn't cause any issue that would cause catastrophic failure.
>>
>>16458822
>the spark plug broke
That's a $2 part and takes 5 minutes to replace. Your friend got raped and it is not your fault.
>>
>>16458896

That was pretty much it. Went to my friend's place (which is like 2 mins walk from my place), drove to work for 20 minutes, parked it for maybe 4 hours and then drove back again for 20 minutes, gassing it sometime in-between.
>>
Try to repair it yourself, do a odb2 read for errors messages, read it yourself, do google search for the errors code. 1 spark plug broke the engine start, maybe the ignition is unplug. Try this website

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/

Its a lot of reading to find your problem but it worth it!
>>
>>16458902

Apparently when the spark plug broke, the oils and gas mixed. Is that even right? Is the price justified?
>>
>>16458822
You literally dindu nuffin. This is your buddy's problem to fix. If he's not a shit, then he'll realize this too.
>>
>nissan titan
>broke down

Nothing to see here.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.