[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it hard to change your cars coolant? can i get some tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: carbondale.jpg (57KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
carbondale.jpg
57KB, 500x326px
is it hard to change your cars coolant?

can i get some tips on changing my coolant? 2013 honda civic
>>
No it's easy. And this is what you do. Leave the car running for 10 minutes. When you're done go to you're radiator and open the cap. Remember the point of this is to remove all the old coolant that was in the radiator and fill up with the new coolant. Always look over and see when you open the radiator cap to see how muh you have to fill up. Good luck anon. Keep us posted
>>
>>16457336

i dont understand why you have to be a shithead

im just looking for some pointers
>>
>>16457354
What you mean a shithead? Gtfo then faggot and kill yourself
>>
>>16457390
well this thread is ruined thanks man

hope you have a nice day
>>
>>16457309
get a barf bucket or a drain pan, and open up your radiators drain plug / drop lower hose. open the cap so it drains faster. Unhook your overflow tank and dump it too.

Then fill up your system with water and start the car, after about a minute turn it off and drain it. Repeat this step until nothing but clear water is coming out.

Then buy some pure antifreeze. You want it to be 50/50 so buy half of your manual's stated capacity. Once your radiator is full, open your bleeder valve and start the car. Most of the time the air bubbles need a little persuasion to gtfo, you can rock the car or put it on jacks, whatever works, as long as you end up with empty bottles of antifreeze and a full radiator.
>>
File: IMG_2700.jpg (64KB, 630x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2700.jpg
64KB, 630x458px
>>16457336
>>16457390
why so salty amigo
you aren't required to post in all threads
>>
>>16457402
>>16457309

Once your done pour that shit down the sink not in the ground. If you don't like that take the fluid to a jiffy lube for them to dispose of it.
>>
>>16457411
>>16457402
Basically this...If you're a real Jew pour the coolant through a coffee filter and throw that shit back in
>>
>>16457436
This makes sense no? Its not like you're lubing critical parts besides water pump right?
>>
>>16457476
Over time it may have deteriorated and have a higher freezing point. Also you don't want to custom-machine your water jackets with grit.
>>
>>16457336
There is no need to be rude anon. I get that this is "le big scary 4chan XD" but this kind of shitposting ruins the quality of the board
>>
>>16457476
>>16457643
Wow moneybags over here...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.