[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a head scratcher for you guys I've got a 2003

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1406633765422.jpg (97KB, 391x366px) Image search: [Google]
1406633765422.jpg
97KB, 391x366px
Here's a head scratcher for you guys

I've got a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

No heat

Go to replace heater core

Heater core looks brand new

Replace anyways

Still no heat

Check lines

All clear

Maybe waterpump

Engine temp sits perfectly normal on a 4 hour drive

Any thoughts?
>>
1. Check heater core for flow
Just run water through it.
2. Check heater core valve operation
Check the electrical or whatever connection there is to the heater core. If it does not work, either replace it, rewire it properly or just delete the valve.
3. Check actual coolant flow
Run the engine and keep a hand or thermometer on the coolant pipe running to the heater core.
4. Verify operation of blend door actuator
These can go bad. Make sure that your heater controls are actually moving the blend door properly. If you have coolant flow to the heater core this is more likely to be your problem. If bad, replace the actuator.

t. I don't like Grand Cherokees and this is why.
>>
>>16457119
Unplug the inlet hose from the heater core, put into bucket, turn on jeep, see if water comes through.

You've got a plug in the system, or serious air in it that's not being pushed out of the heater core.
>>
theres usually a heater control valve that controls coolant flow to the heater core but a quick google and i dont think cherokees have that. next option would be blend door not opening properly. feel the heater hose going to and from the firewall once youre at normal operating temp to see if they are warm and the core has flow, if it does then it could be clogged cabin filter or a bad blend door
>>
>>16457140

Tried that no water

>>16457153
I didn't notice a valve or petcock while I was in there, but I also wasn't actively looking

Blend door maybe, but the ac worked consistently before I vented the system taking everything apart
>>
>>16457157
if no water came out, then you could have a bad water pump.
>>
>>16457240

If the waterpump was bad I shouldn't have been able to drive for 4 hours

So I'm getting some sort of flow, at least to the engine anyways
>>
If it has dual zone temperature control those like to break the blend door attachment to the axle which causes the doors to drop to the closed position and then there's no air flow through the heater core and no heat. A/C works fine though.
>>
>>16457130
2nd for blend door and actuator / control panel

My heater core exploded, so I got a go at replacing everything except the control panel.

Control panel is fucked up now so every setting also turns on the floor vents. It's a jeep thing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.