[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, what does /o/ think about Luxury 90's cars? I found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 4718391.jpg (153KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
4718391.jpg
153KB, 800x600px
Hi, what does /o/ think about Luxury 90's cars? I found a candidate for first car at 2.5k a Lexus LS400 labeled poorly. It has a V8, Autotragic and decent MPG which is all I need in a shit city.
>>
>>16455801
link https://www.supercarros.com/carros/sedan/lexus/es/Detalle/671869/
>>
The LS400 is extremely reliable if taken care of. The 1UZ will last 400k+ miles. However, the power steering pumps and rack fail if not flushed. Kinda like old vacuum Mercedes, all of the electronics were cutting edge back in the day and tend to fail with high mileage and age. Most common failure is the illumination of the dials on the dash. The climate control LCD is also prone to failure. Check the Club Lexus forums for even more info.
>>
>>16455839
Right, another question. I live in a shithole country and I'm afraid if something DOES break will I have to use eBay to compensate the lack of replacements in the Island? or are some bits and pieces interchangeable with Toyotas
>>
>>16455801
lol dude they dont even list mileage on this site...

also
>DR hellhole lololol, leave ASAP

or buy this instead: https://www.supercarros.com/carros/sedan/honda/accord/Detalle/675106/
>>
>>16455909
they do list the mileage the faggots just don't input it. I'm not planning to move anytime soon and if I do it's to Alaska. How would the Accord fare better as a daily? It's molested to shit
>>
>>16455801
Demand to be allowed to do a burn out, that year ls400 had a dif that, if not maintained, would become an LSD in a way. If both tires spin the dif wasn't taken care of, which means a lot else probably wasnt
>>
>>16456335
Does this count for 98-00 models? Or are you just retardedly trolling
>>
>>16456560
Only 92-94 used that kind of dif. They used a rare friction clutch type, new gear oil keeps the heat low, after a while of not changing the fluid it friction welds your dif together, and that weld ends up stronger than the tooth on tooth contact of the gears, hit the gas too hard from a stand still and the gears shatter from being so weak from being heated far beyond the temperature they should be. Happened in my 92 ls400, I'll upload pics in a bit
>>
>>16455856
Only Toyota Crown's parts are interchangeable iirc
>>
File: received_736422183161700.jpg (184KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
received_736422183161700.jpg
184KB, 1080x1920px
>>16458543
Rip my ls400 dif
Car was a shit pile, bad wheel bearings caused my front wheels to snap the studs randomly while I was driving, sending my wheels flying across the road, sunroof leaked, cause some guy stood on it and bent the rails, dif went cause the fluid was never changed since probably the car was sold, plugs were also probably original, but for 600$ idk what I expected
>>
>>16460668
AAA said, NAH ITS YOUR U JOINT HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE
>Gear oil cascading from the rear end
>Sure, that's what it is
Guy refused to believe that it was the rear end
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.