[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was it a flop? I'm considering one right now from a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

why was it a flop?

I'm considering one right now from a dealer with 150km for $8K canuck dollars, seems like a great deal to be provided there aren't any big problems or significant rust
>>
They used shitty plastics in the engine that should have been metal
>>
>>16455009

It wasn't popular with the vaping/MONSTER
ENERGY drinking/DC Shoes-wearing croud. It came with no gayboy rear wings or golden wheels.

Go for it fampai, they're great cars and the MZR/Duratec engine is fucking great.
>>
I drove one for a while

DOGSHIT turning radius. I mean DOGSHIT. Other than that, it was okay.
>>
File: burst.gif (923KB, 432x445px) Image search: [Google]
burst.gif
923KB, 432x445px
>>16455180
>Bad turn radius
>On a Mazda 6
>>
>>16455255
I have a fusion which is basically the same thing and it's not an awesome radius but it works
>>
>>16455009
>buying a shitbox from a dealer
shiggy diggy
>>
8k would buy a corvette here in ohio

i would feel like a failure if i didnt get the faster car when given the chance
>>
>>16455009
It wasn't a flop, it sold well but it was only available in low numbers.

When you get it anon, its high mileage for a MS6. Those engines are pretty solid with all forged parts, but if you boost it before reaching peak boost it can damage the turbos. Make sure the clutch isn't vibrating when pushed down (could throw a rod, saw it on an MS6MS3 guide.) Make sure the AWD is working. Those transfer cases can break if you launch it at high rpm all the time. Those are the only too issues, enjoy your sleeper. Make sure to have an extra 1k-2k for repairs eventually. Those MZR 2.3L DIT engines aren't toyota tier.
>>
File: 2006mazdaspeed610.jpg (215KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
2006mazdaspeed610.jpg
215KB, 1200x900px
>>16455621
I own an MS3 btw, why my brother owns an MS6. Very solid cars. Just have emergency money and you'll be fine anon. These are PERFECT. Solid engines, amazing interior, and comfy as fuck. Also, make sure it isnt modded, bolt ons are okay.
>>
>>16455009
too big and heavy for most #FF people but not quite as comfy as a proper fwd land barge
that said a friend of mine went from Mitsubishi diamanté 3.5 v6 to a mazdaspeed 6 and seems priddy happy with it

other cars that were considered

>na and nb miata
>brz
seats too few or too small
small boot

>Focus and Fiesta st
turbo lag
really bad steario
not very comfortable

>2005 Subaru legacy gt wagon 2.5 turbo
much liked for its grip and power
but not enough funds at the time
>>
>>16455009
I got one and I love it even if it costed me 3500 bucks Canadian in the past three weeks but that was mostly my fault lol but I'd suggest to save enough for the cobb tune. The stock one is horrible, it has a really small power band without the tune. But yeah I love whooping all those wrx's and sti's in my sleeper. ... But one of the main reasons I got one is cause it's pretty much an sti for like 10k cheaper
>>
File: FJIMG_20170108_203755[1].jpg (2MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
FJIMG_20170108_203755[1].jpg
2MB, 4608x2592px
>>16455009

Hey OP, I have one. AMA.

Pic related, mine.

Just replaced the lenses on the headlights as they went all yellow, did a The Retrofit Source Bi-Xenon projector upgrade and test fit an Autoexe replica grille last night. Still haven't reinstalled the second light and the grille still needs to be sanded and clear coated.

>>16455030

Yep, seconded. Unless you like to be able to rev its' tits off. The MZR isn't a revver.

>>16455180

Lol absolutely. My partner has a standard 6 and I reckon her turning circle is probably 30-40% tighter than mine at least.

>>16455621

Not the turbo, it's the rods. If you go around hitting full boost on this thing before the engine is up to temp you run the risk of throwing rods, which are forged but only sand forged (from memory) so not as strong as you think.

Other than that, pretty much correct.

If it's been maintained well, don't worry about it too much. I bought mine despite all the FUD on MazdaspeedForums, and couldn't be happer. I've had it for two and a half years now.
>>
>>16455009
Google zoom zoom boom.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.