[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my brother has a 2012 Accord and since shortly after receiving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: cigarette.jpg (85KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
cigarette.jpg
85KB, 1280x600px
So my brother has a 2012 Accord and since shortly after receiving the car, the pungent smell of cigarette smoke making a comeback has been ongiong. The trees are not nearly pungent enough (and aren't legal to keep dangling from the rearview anyways, at least in NY) so I'm trying to help him using a combination of Ozium gel and Febreeze air vent clips. It does okay until usually when the gel wears off.

Is there any more effective option for odor neutralization rather than just covering it up with a second smell?
>>
>>16453127
Upholster the car again
>>
1. Stop being faggots
2. Always keep windows a crack open to facilitate airflow
3. Shampoo the seats
4. Replace carpets if you can
5. Dude weed lmao hotbox lol
>>
>>16453127
>The trees are not nearly pungent enough (and aren't legal to keep dangling from the rearview anyways, at least in NY)
What is with Jew York?
>>
>>16453818
Most states have a law about shit dangling from the rearview/obstructing the windshield. Depends on the cop on enforcement.
>>
>>16453127
Drive south to PA where cops don't give a shit about little trees.
>>
>>16453127
Give it a few weeks and it will clear. Unless he smoked 2k cigarettes in there it will be fine with time. Maybe give the interior a thorough vacuuming and then wipe down with water only but that is as far as I would take it and I personally wouldn't bother unless the smell is present in a month. As long as it didn't get into the hvac... then it takes much longer but will still eventually clear.

How do I know? I detailed cars for a stealership for a few years and am a smoker who doesn't in his car. I learned the hvac thing through bitter experience... took three months for it to smell unfouled
>>
>>16453955
Cops in PA don't even care when people put license plate covers on the rear plate that are 90%+ opaque. I think they just bust underage drinking/public intoxication and issue parking tickets.
>>
>>16453959
Yeah, he's owned the car for about ~3 years. In absence of masking the smell, it returns.
>>
>>16453964
If it's a small town, it makes money from speeding tickets, otherwise the cops make themselves aware to divers and give them a chance to slow down.

In my town they literally only care about stopsign runners but even then people do rolling stops right in front of them and they don't care.
>>
>>16453231
Do not, under any circumstance, do this. Unless some who knows how to do it properly shows you how to not fuck it up, you'll fuck it up
>>
>>16453969
Fuck... too bad I can't into reading...

Ionizer treatment or three and time... along with the thorough a very light TSP mix (about 1/4 box stregnth and youshould be able to pick up at any home improvement store)cleaning. Use white rags and small bowls of water and change towel and water once even slightly discolored. The hvac is where it will linger longest
>>
>>16453127
>change cabin air filter preferably one with carbon in it
>get a can of this https://www.amazon.com/Medo-OZM-1-Ozium-Air-Sanitizer/dp/B000CSWCAG
>before doing anything with scents or ozium get something to shampoo the carpet with
>shampoo carpet well
>if seats are cloth, do same if they're leather buy some cleaner and UV protectant as that stuff usually smells strong
>febreeze works pretty well too but I'm not a fan of the smell

after you're done cleaning the interior

>remove old cabin air filter
>set vents to 'face' and 'feet'
>temp on hot
>turn car on aux let fan blow for a bit
>making sure all the doors are closed spray some ozium into the vents for like 10 seconds
>quickly open car and put on recirculate
>let sit for a while
>repeat as necessary so all air piping gets the ozium to travel through it (defog, etc)
>replace with new cabin air filter
>at some point spray the headliner with ozium as that is where the majority of the smoke will be settled, and you'll want to target that specifically
>literally fill with whatever scented stuff you want, doesn't matter as long as its strong; black ice, japanese squash, febreeze, any of those automotive scents that come in bottles and you spray

After that the smell should be 95% gone, I did this on a 2002 Ford Focus that had been smoked in all its life from the previous owner and after I was done, you couldn't smell smoke at all, even when it got hot it just smelled like old stale car. Changing the cabin air filter made a probably the largest difference in itself, there literally was tobacco residue inside the filter when I pulled it out (sprayed it with a hose for the hell of it and it literally oozed out stuff that looked like chewing tobacco)
>>
>>16454060
>making sure all the doors are closed spray some ozium into the vents for like 10 seconds
Didn't clarify, by 'vents' I meant the intake for the HVAC system; usually right under where the cabin airfilter sits. Don't try and spray it inside of the vents in the cabin, it'll just blow back out at you

Also >>16454031 is a good idea
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.