[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there such a big culture surrounding motorcycles but there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0851.jpg (229KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
229KB, 1280x905px
Why is there such a big culture surrounding motorcycles but there's nothing comparable surrounding scooters when there's probably more scooter riders than motorcycle ones?
>>
>>16451508
Are you kidding? There's huge scooter scienes in both Americas and the EU and UK. The vintage scooter culture in the US is particularly colorful.

>more scooter riders
Where, US? Not hardly. Europoors, totally.
>>
>>16451508
Because people only ride scooters if they're unable to afford/control a motorbike, or scared of them.
>>
File: ef.jpg (186KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ef.jpg
186KB, 1024x768px
>>16451508
There is a HUGE culture around scooters
>>16451541
This is not true
>>
>>16451572
>HUGE culture around scooters
>scooters
Those are motorcycles, m8 Pegs, footshifts, see?
>>
File: G2wSIGt.jpg (719KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
G2wSIGt.jpg
719KB, 1600x1200px
>>16451582
No
>>
File: vapors.jpg (744KB, 2036x1081px) Image search: [Google]
vapors.jpg
744KB, 2036x1081px
>>16451590
Honda Cub (and knockoffs) is a motorcycle. A wee motocycle. It is not a scooter.

There's a real easy test for this, my autismo friend:

1)Take your Honda Cub to a vintage scooter club campout.
2) Loudly proclaim "Lambo's SUCK"
3) count your teeth afterwards.
>>
>>16451610
No motorcycle guy would call this a motorcycle
Scoot scoot
>>
>>16451615
I', a motorcycle guy, been for 35 years. That's a little bike. It's not a scooter. Scooters have floorboards to go with that step-through frame. No pegs, hand shift or auto trans. The Cub is now and has always been a motorcycle.
>>
>>16451508
One of the main reason is that a lot of scooters are bought and used for pragmatic reasons. They are less expensive to buy, run and insure than pretty much anything else and give you more flexibility than public transportation (although only really viable if you live in urban or suburban areas).
As such they are a mean of transportation, something you need, not something you want and appreciate. That is why scooter riders outnumber motorcycle riders in areas of Europe and Asia : it is a cheap, accessible vehicle, very fit to urban life, which is the lifestyle of a majority of the population nowadays.
That being said, there are some scooter related cultures here and there, among people who actually like them, but they are not the majority of users.
>all mods are dead or fat and old
>you will always look silly with a blue white and red Vespa with dozens of chrome mirrors
>that feel
>>
File: hondascooter.png (13KB, 1027x150px) Image search: [Google]
hondascooter.png
13KB, 1027x150px
>>16451615
>my anecdotal evidence is why this motorcycle is not a motorcycle
try again!
>>
>>16451572
>This is not true
And yet, you're wrong. Scooters are for girls, teenagers, and old men hanging onto their youth as a mod, despite being old and fat.

Given that mod culture died the fuck out, the only people who buy and ride scooters these days are women and teenagers without money or self-respect.
They're tiny, the suspension is shitty, they're easily stolen (thus making them even cheaper to obtain), they sound like an angry hairdryer at speed, and the suspension is so godawful you bottom out going over bumps in the road.

You will get no respect for being a scootard. Bikers will not nod at you, drivers will ignore you.
>>
>>16451891
>Scooters are for girls
I don't think I've ever even seen a woman on a scooter.
Then again, women in my knack of the woods are either soccer moms in redundant SUVs, old and not driving anymore or young with a deep-seated hatred of anything with an internal combustion engine.
>>
>>16451508
bikes
>unpractical, dangerous and popularized by the rebellious youth of the 50s and 60s
scooters
>cheap, not very powerful, created to make inner-city transportation easier
>>
the 50cc scene in Sweden is huge
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.