[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey b/o/ats, should I buy this vessel? The market up in Halifax

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: portdavey.jpg (81KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
portdavey.jpg
81KB, 1000x664px
Hey b/o/ats, should I buy this vessel? The market up in Halifax is kinda dry right now but I'm looking for something I can stay far away from the American """"revolution"""" in comfort and this is all I can find. I was the cook on a sailing ship recently but I'm pretty mechanically inclined.

>1763 construction year
>American (lol I know but proper English boats are too expensive)
>The advert I found at the pub says it "needs TLC"
>The main mast needs replacing (easy fix), some spots on the hull have surface rot but no leakage yet (nothing a bit of pitch can't fix)
>He says the whole hull will need to be re-caulked in about 2 years
>"Mostly cruising" nautical miles
>Owner is selling it for just £1,000 which seems sketchy as fuck

Talk me out of it guys, I really don't want to sign on with another privateer ship when I could just cruise the Arctic sea for months at a time.
>>
>>16450832
shut up and buy a jolly boat for 3k
>>
So we talking sail operated I'm assuming? You know it takes multiple dudes to run a boat. As I'm sure you know because you've been on a boat.
>>
File: fs271.jpg (340KB, 1172x800px) Image search: [Google]
fs271.jpg
340KB, 1172x800px
>>16450832
>built not bought
>needs a crew
>only attacked by pirates twice
>water damage
>no low ballers (or spanish puffs)
>I know what I got
in all seriousness
>1000
considering you can get a new sloop for that much I'd say its about to fall apart.
Don't be like Barrett and his """""""privateers"""""""""
Don't get a budget kingslist ship.
>>
>>16450856
>coastal vessel riders shitposting again
>>
>>16450869
enjoy getting sent to the bottom by indians in canoes you cheapskate peasant
>>
>>16450854

I've already got some of my friends who are willing to be my crew so I should be ok, plus I've got Killian O'Cafferty (former Royal Navy, wrote 3 pamphlets on open sea sailing, really knows his shit, maybe you know him) who wants to sign on for just room and board.

BASICALLY I just want to know if it's feasible to convert this old American POS into a whaling rig.

ALSO anyone else really fucking sick of all these women who dress up as men just to get aboard a boat these days?
>>
File: 1483783957982.png (425KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483783957982.png
425KB, 405x600px
>>16450881
Trolling got it.
>>
>>16450881
>wrote 3 pamphlets
>year of our lord Jesus Christ our Savior 1776
>reading
show me how many pirate dogs he's sunk and then I'll buy his credibility
As for your ship, you'll have to find a shipwright that'll reinforce your hull, them beasties will pull that hunk of rotten wood apart faster'n you can blink. Get a better ship or be prepared to spend your hard earned pence on it for the next ten years.
Although you're correct, wenches dressing as men is annoying as hell, had one lass looking for her man Taylor or some such a few seasons back, turns out she found him cheating on her and shot him. Never trust wenches lads.
>>
>>16450832

>1776
>running from the American Revolution

Fucking tories, come to the light side and suckle on the sweet tit of Lady Liberty instead of drinking shitty tea and slobbering all over the king's 3 inch """penis""" for the privilege of serfdom and subjugation.
>>
>>16450832
>Square rig
Enjoy your lolnotacking
>>
>>16450832
buy the bluenose 2
>>
>he doesn't sail on rivers
enjoy getting lost in sea, attacked by jolly roger shitheads and being denied access to port because stuff happened while you were at sea
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.